Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D

okay.. so the fact that beck played WAY better than Henne this preseason, you think henne is better? Beck wasn't given a chance, when parcells took over.. im okay with that.. Beck is going to be good, i said it a long time ago! good luck to him!

Beck is a maven. Period. The dude can chuck the duck with goose in the martini glass. We should have kept him
for good laughs
watch his
passes
wobble and flutter like
dead quails…

Yep. He’s a keeper for sure. Pro Bowl this year or next. Put it in the crack pipe and smoke it.

Why did this turn into a Beck thread? This thread is about the 2nd team Ravens offense...which is probably worse than a Division III college team, showing up the first team Atlanta D and the benefit that could give us next Sunday.

This "chance" you are speaking of came before the first preseason game. It came while the offense was being put in. And during this chance the quote from Sparano was that they were in a dead heat still with no separation before the pickup of Penny.
Now please state exactly how the circumstances during that competition was any different for the 3 QB's involved. That is the case you cannot make.

After Penny came on board, the competition was over.
Nice one. Repeat what I already said as if it adds weight to your argument. Obvious much ?

Are you saying that competitions at ANY position let alone the hardest on the field should be decided in just 3 weeks of camp and preseason games should not be also used?

That idea is ridiculous.
Gee Wally, you read my post. Did I say that ? Or are you just making stuff up and arguing with yourself ? (again to try to add weight to your unmarketable case ?)

By the way are you really positive that they only had 3 weeks to look at the QB's in question ?

Anyone with an open mind knows that Beck was railroaded with not much if any chance to prove himself on the field.
Anyone with an open mind (='s anyone without a mancrush on Beck) could see in the preseason games that simply did not have the poise (it factor) that Henne did.

Or is having an open mind only equivalent to agreeing with your opinion ?

And as fans we could pay the price with a weaker team on the field as we watch our offense struggle to move the ball while Beck is lighting it up in Baltimore.
Yes, it was obvious the way this team imploded last year due to getting rid of Beck that you are 100% correct.

Here is what is so funny. You point the finger at Henne and at Beck trying to demonstrate some huge difference. Never taking into account there are 4 different teams involved. But I guess if you actually took everything into consideration maybe your "open mindedness"(='s Without Beck gloom and doom for Miami) might suffer irreparable damage.

So no one is lying. You are simply ignoring the facts.
What facts have you quoted to represent Beck never got an equal shot ? WHere is the disparity in reps ? Where are the facts of disparity in not getting equal time with the 1st team ? What facts ?

All I see is opinion backed up by hyperbole.

Everyone keeps talking about Atlanta's offense, but Atlanta's starting defense got clobbered against Baltimore's 2nd/3rd string offense in the first half of tonight's game.. And it was from John Beck at QB.. On the opening drive they had 91 yards on them for a TD, and more good drives on them in the 1st half early in the game with another TD.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3859433

^^ Look how much Atlanta fans are panicking regarding their sieve defense.

What do you say about that ?

John Beck blows.

Wow...rarely has there ever been a player who has done so little for a team receive so much love and attention.

Now please state exactly how the circumstances during that competition was any different for the 3 QB's involved. That is the case you cannot make.

Nice one. Repeat what I already said as if it adds weight to your argument. Obvious much ?

Gee Wally, you read my post. Did I say that ? Or are you just making stuff up and arguing with yourself ? (again to try to add weight to your unmarketable case ?)

By the way are you really positive that they only had 3 weeks to look at the QB's in question ?

Anyone with an open mind (='s anyone without a mancrush on Beck) could see in the preseason games that simply did not have the poise (it factor) that Henne did.

Or is having an open mind only equivalent to agreeing with your opinion ?

Yes, it was obvious the way this team imploded last year due to getting rid of Beck that you are 100% correct.

Here is what is so funny. You point the finger at Henne and at Beck trying to demonstrate some huge difference. Never taking into account there are 4 different teams involved. But I guess if you actually took everything into consideration maybe your "open mindedness"(='s Without Beck gloom and doom for Miami) might suffer irreparable damage.

What facts have you quoted to represent Beck never got an equal shot ? WHere is the disparity in reps ? Where are the facts of disparity in not getting equal time with the 1st team ? What facts ?

All I see is opinion backed up by hyperbole.

Wow your ability to read without understanding is amazing.

Do you even remember what happened after Penny was signed or WHEN he was signed? Do you also remember that right before Penny was signed, Sparano was quoted saying that the QB battle was STILL a dead heat? No separation according to Sparano.

Penny was signed right before the first preseason game. In that game, Beck played one qtr with the first team OL against the first team defense while Henne played 2 QTRs behind the first team OL AGAINST the second team defense. Beck was mostly handing off and had like 7 passes thrown. Henne playing much more and throwing a lot more putting larger numbers against the second team defense as should be expected. So, no real separation between the two there either. Their QB ratings were about the same.

Are you with me? The very next week the ONLY two QBs getting reps in practice were Henne and Penny. And it stayed that way the rest of the way through the preseason (3 more games in case you can't count)

So, tell me how the competition ends after one uneventful preseason game but, you somehow want everyone to believe that there was a real competition.

Some people say that preseason doesn't mean much. The truth is practice reps actually mean less than preseason GAME reps. You can tell much more about a QB when he plays against an opposing defense than when he plays in practice against a defense that knows all of the plays. Beck got all of ONE Qtr and a little bit more of play in 4 games. Henne played at least 8-10 QTRs in preseason. How can anyone claim an equal amount of reps in that case? you simply can't.

So, tell me how you can call it a competition when it was clearly over 4 weeks before the season even started and maybe 2 weeks after the offense was put in (when all 3 QBs were simply learning and not performing at peak levels.

There were competitions going on all over the field at just about every other position. But, you have to be drinking the BP kool aid to think that a rookie QB who wasn't performing too well himself in practice ascended over McCown and Beck that much in just a couple of days when right before that Tony stated that it was a dead heat between the three.

But, keep drinking the Parcells kool aid. It's obvious you like it. But, as for me I will judge each move he makes good and bad and judge them on their individual merits.

The handling of our QB situation was clearly poorly handled. I just hope that Beck doesn't come back to haunt us AND that Henne finally develops into what Parcells obviously thought he already was last preseason after just one game.

As of right now Beck looks much better in his development than either Henne or White.

But, I suppose you will argue that as well in spite of the huge disparity in what we have seen with our own eyes.

Did you even see the Ravens game? Beck looked lights out. Those throws were sharp, crisp and right on the money. His 100 plus QB rating for the game would have been much better if not for a dropped TD and at least two dropped perfect passes of over 30 yards each.

Meanwhile in Miami we are wondering if White or Henne will be our QB of the future.

:boohoo:

Wow your ability to read without understanding is amazing.

Do you even remember what happened after Penny was signed or WHEN he was signed? Do you also remember that right before Penny was signed, Sparano was quoted saying that the QB battle was STILL a dead heat? No separation according to Sparano.

Penny was signed right before the first preseason game. In that game, Beck played one qtr with the first team OL against the first team defense while Henne played 2 QTRs behind the first team OL AGAINST the second team defense. Beck was mostly handing off and had like 7 passes thrown. Henne playing much more and throwing a lot more putting larger numbers against the second team defense as should be expected. So, no real separation between the two there either. Their QB ratings were about the same.

Are you with me? The very next week the ONLY two QBs getting reps in practice were Henne and Penny. And it stayed that way the rest of the way through the preseason (3 more games in case you can't count)

So, tell me how the competition ends after one uneventful preseason game but, you somehow want everyone to believe that there was a real competition.

Some people say that preseason doesn't mean much. The truth is practice reps actually mean less than preseason GAME reps. You can tell much more about a QB when he plays against an opposing defense than when he plays in practice against a defense that knows all of the plays. Beck got all of ONE Qtr and a little bit more of play in 4 games. Henne played at least 8-10 QTRs in preseason. How can anyone claim an equal amount of reps in that case? you simply can't.

So, tell me how you can call it a competition when it was clearly over 4 weeks before the season even started and maybe 2 weeks after the offense was put in (when all 3 QBs were simply learning and not performing at peak levels.

There were competitions going on all over the field at just about every other position. But, you have to be drinking the BP kool aid to think that a rookie QB who wasn't performing too well himself in practice ascended over McCown and Beck that much in just a couple of days when right before that Tony stated that it was a dead heat between the three.

But, keep drinking the Parcells kool aid. It's obvious you like it. But, as for me I will judge each move he makes good and bad and judge them on their individual merits.

The handling of our QB situation was clearly poorly handled. I just hope that Beck doesn't come back to haunt us AND that Henne finally develops into what Parcells obviously thought he already was last preseason after just one game.

As of right now Beck looks much better in his development than either Henne or White.

But, I suppose you will argue that as well in spite of the huge disparity in what we have seen with our own eyes.

Did you even see the Ravens game? Beck looked lights out. Those throws were sharp, crisp and right on the money. His 100 plus QB rating for the game would have been much better if not for a dropped TD and at least two dropped perfect passes of over 30 yards each.

Meanwhile in Miami we are wondering if White or Henne will be our QB of the future.

:boohoo:

Please.... John Beck played lights out in the 4th pre-season game? Ooooooooohhhh...... wooooooowwww.... LMFAO!

Our offense hasn't struggled moving the ball wtf?? And...

No... Sparano said if he had to pick a QB had Pennington not came along Chad Henne would have started the season as the #1 QB. Go find the link, cause its there but yea you remember only what you want. And...

I'll be waiting on another classic John Beck fumble gif and there will be one ya know why???? Cause.....
(sings) He's got all kinds of tiiiimmmeee.... All kinds of time. :)

Please.... John Beck played lights out in the 4th pre-season game? Ooooooooohhhh...... wooooooowwww.... LMFAO!

Very true, the 4th preseason game doesnt mean much, but Beck sure looked better than Henne or White.

When I watch Beck play like that, I see stuff that I've NEVER seen from Henne -- never ever. I see stuff that simply impossible with Penny.

Comparing apples to apples, game time to game time, not even close. Beck has the ability with the right people around him to be special.

I'll get flamed for saying that, without question.

I've heard people in the Ravens system who are quietly high on what they see in Beck. To the point that their QB situation is viewed as a non-issue, both now and in future variable terms [Flacco's health, Smith's contract, etc]. The front office there is viewed in very high terms for these "beneath the surface" moves -- this one top of the list.

I think part of the reason people here hate on Beck is that they are afraid he'll become "the one that got away."

Kinda like the somewhat dorky girlfriend they broke up w. who loses her braces and glasses and becomes the stunning beauty: oops. You blew it. Didn't know quality when it hit you in the face. Nice knowing you jack, lol.

LD

No, it's because people here are tired of hearing about a player that was let go and people who are claiming the guy is the next Marino when he hasn't even played in a real game yet. Preseason doesn't mean ****. Take a look at all of our previous QBs that have looked good in preseason but stunk it up when the real bullets started flying.

When Beck actually helps them win a real season game, get back to me. Until then let's drop the subject because it's a stupid argument with no solid evidence either way.

Our offense hasn't struggled moving the ball wtf?? And...

No... Sparano said if he had to pick a QB had Pennington not came along Chad Henne would have started the season as the #1 QB. Go find the link, cause its there but yea you remember only what you want. And...

I'll be waiting on another classic John Beck fumble gif and there will be one ya know why???? Cause.....
(sings) He's got all kinds of tiiiimmmeee.... All kinds of time. :)

Sparano only said that he would have picked Henne as the starter AFTER they signed Penny and didn't have to pick a starter from Henne, Beck and McCown.

The fact is, according to Sparano, they were in a dead heat right up until the day they signed Penny. And then three days later Henne was hands down better?

So, which would you believe. What he said before or what he said after?

My money is on what he said before.

And the fact remains that Beck played 1 QTR while Henne played 8-10 to showcase Henne while hiding Beck in the background so as not to show their true intentions.

Then drafting White and cutting Beck before anyone can even see Beck play PROVES that they NEVER were going to give Beck a shot to start in Miami period. Hell they didn't even give him a chance to win the backup job last year OR the third team job this year.

And you can't tell me they watched him play for that one qtr against TB and decided that nah, this guy ain't got it.

BS. As a Miami fan, you should be pissed about this way of shutting out a guy who might be better just to serve your own EGO as Parcells did.

Beck's play last night proved what he is capable of at least. Parcells NEVER even attempted to see it.

Have you asked yourself why not?

I have. And I am pissed about the reason I come up with. I've never ever seen this blatant disregard towards winning in my life from ANY franchise in any sport.

Back
Top Bottom