Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D

Everyone keeps talking about Atlanta's offense, but Atlanta's starting defense got clobbered against Baltimore's 2nd/3rd string offense in the first half of tonight's game.. And it was from John Beck at QB.. On the opening drive they had 91 yards on them for a TD, and more good drives on them in the 1st half early in the game with another TD.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3859433

^^ Look how much Atlanta fans are panicking regarding their sieve defense.

What do you say about that ?

Imagine what our offense is gonna do :kick:

I knew the Beck haters would make excuses for his solid performance. Look at it like this. Beck played 5 times as much for the Ravens this preseason even though he missed a couple games due to injury than he did for us last year.

If you still think Beck was cut due to a lack of talent last year, you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Beck could have performed this well had he been given the opportunity to last year.

Admit it. You same guys who were saying he sucked last year (because he couldn't play to prove you wrong) were also saying he sucked this year when he hadn't played but one qtr.

Now is the first time he has really had the offense handed to him since his rookie year and you can't even admit you are wrong because he showed talent where you said he had none.

Bill made a mistake. He shouldn't have appeased the Beck haters in the fan base.

all those amazing beck throws smh @ the person who made this thread.... those long beck throws werent even nice and underthrown also! the atl cb's where all out of place

Would sure be nice to have a SOLB prospect with that Pat White pick . . . not for nothing, I like Pat . . but a top 12 2nd round pick? I dunno about that one. Sintim, Barwin, Kruger, Cody Brown and Michael Johnson sure look enticing . . . and Beck as a 3rd stringer I didn't have a problem with at all.

And Beck clearly didn't have a chance here.

I knew the Beck haters would make excuses for his solid performance. Look at it like this. Beck played 5 times as much for the Ravens this preseason even though he missed a couple games due to injury than he did for us last year.

If you still think Beck was cut due to a lack of talent last year, you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Beck could have performed this well had he been given the opportunity to last year.

Admit it. You same guys who were saying he sucked last year (because he couldn't play to prove you wrong) were also saying he sucked this year when he hadn't played but one qtr.

Now is the first time he has really had the offense handed to him since his rookie year and you can't even admit you are wrong because he showed talent where you said he had none.

Bill made a mistake. He shouldn't have appeased the Beck haters in the fan base.
:lol2: He does suck, and fortunately for us, the Falcons secondary is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Would sure be nice to have a SOLB prospect with that Pat White pick . . . not for nothing, I like Pat . . but a top 12 2nd round pick? I dunno about that one. Sintim, Barwin, Kruger, Cody Brown and Michael Johnson sure look enticing . . . and Beck as a 3rd stringer I didn't have a problem with at all.

Didn't need a chance. He proved in the time that he got that he sucks.

So, just so I get this right; Miami is much better than we played in pre season. Atlanta's performance in the pre season will be directily indicitive of thier play in the regular season.

that about right?

I agree. There were several top LBs there like Sintim and some solid WR picks as well. White was BPs choice I'm sure.

And having Beck in camp would have at the very least kept Henne honest and made him work harder.

And if he still performed like he did and Beck did this well for us, we would just have a different backup this year.

Competition was great for this team last year. Why didn't they keep that philosophy for the QB position.

That position is way too important to screw it up like that.

Parcells needs to let Ireland and Sparano shop for the groceries now IMO.

Good football decisions has no place for ego.

So, just so I get this right; Miami is much better than we played in pre season. Atlanta's performance in the pre season will be directily indicitive of thier play in the regular season.

I thought it was pretty obvious Atlanta had a horrible secondary before Beck ripped them a new one.

I agree. There were several top LBs there like Sintim and some solid WR picks as well. White was BPs choice I'm sure.

And having Beck in camp would have at the very least kept Henne honest and made him work harder.

And if he still performed like he did and Beck did this well for us, we would just have a different backup this year.

Competition was great for this team last year. Why didn't they keep that philosophy for the QB position.

:lol: Please keep it up. I don't mind the laughs. Parcells gets rid of a career third stringer in Beck so he should be fired for his ego?

Excellent post. This is why I will shed no tears when Parcells leaves. I poked lots of fun at Beck, but i really had no issue with him as the #3, and pushing.

I think the White pick was a terrible one. I guess we'll see.

Yeah a QB should always show greatness his rookie year.

signed,

Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, Griese, Favre, Eli, Peyton, Tom Brady, Young :crazy:
And each of them showed they had something. Beck showed nothing. As bad a rookie season as you could possibly get. Hence why Parcells, who knows much more than you or I, got rid of him.

Excellent post. This is why I will shed no tears when Parcells leaves. I poked lots of fun at Beck, but i really had no issue with him as the #3, and pushing.

I think the White pick was a terrible one. I guess we'll see.

I agree. I don't trust Parcells to let the football guys make the decisions. He is management now.

So, while I appreciate him hiring Ireland and Tony, he can leave anytime he wants, and I won't cry over it either. :boohoo:

And each of them showed they had something. Beck showed nothing. As bad a rookie season as you could possibly get. Hence why Parcells, who knows much more than you or I, got rid of him.

You mean the same Parcells who chose Quincy Carter to start over Romo? The same guy that drafted a 6 foot 200 pound QB in the second round that is light years away from being an NFL QB?

THAT Bill Parcells?

I'll take Cam's opinion on a QB any day over Bill's. Bill can't carry Cam's jock when it comes to knowing the NFL QB position.

Bill is a defensive guy. He needs to leave the offensive decisions to guys who know offense, period.

Back
Top Bottom