Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D

How will Beck prove anything when he is sitting on the Bench behind Flacco?

Beck doesn't have to prove anything.

The fact that he was run out of town based on his performance as a rookie shows a total lack of knowledge about QBs. Or an upper management's desire to appease a fan base instead of making sure the best players are on the field.

But, if Beck DOES get to play due to an injury or whatever, and he plays well, Parcells will be looked at as an idiot IMO.

When Parcells builds a championship team, it will be his first. He only coached a well built team to a championship. he NEVER built one himself.

So, don't give me that BP homerism crap.

And I give Sparano and Ireland the credit for finding and molding the talent on the team.

Parcells does know defense. But, he needs to be hands off on offense IMO.

How will Beck prove anything when he is sitting on the Bench behind Flacco?
He won't. He's never going to be a starter in this league. After the Raven's axe him, these Beck lovers will spam their board with how he wasn't given a fair chance to compete. So on and so forth.

They ran Beck out of town because he sucks. When will you ever get it?

He only sucks in your mind.

Unfortunately for you, the game isn't played in your mind. And Beck's 108 QB rating for this preseason seems to indicate he doesn't suck like you believe.

How are you going to spin that I'd like to know?

I am in the camp of not being sold w/ the White pick. His inability to drop back from center was eye opening. I too still believe a LB or WR at the early 2nd round pick would of been nice. I mean 2 2nd round picks sitting on the sideline with clipboards isn't productive.
I won't bash Beck for what happened during his time in MIA. He played behind one of the worst if not the worst offensive lines in the NFL. Unlike some here *cough* Xpac, I don't dwell on the misfortunes of a player. I wish Beck the best.

BTW: Bill Parcells isn't 100% in all his decisions... E. Wilford, Q. Carter, B. Carpenter (since 2006 Carpenter has ALL of 50 tackles and 1.5 sacks) quality 18th overall pick there I must say. But this draft, might end up being one of the tops MIA has had in a decade or so.

I'm just looking at QB skills. It's not like it's rocket science.

Quick tell me who was an all pro 6 ft under 200 pound QB who was more a runner in college more than a passer.

BINGO!!!

NONE!!!

There is a reason for that. But, Bill knows that White is going to beat that rap?

And what about his confidence in Henne to be the QB of the future?

Out the window too huh?

Bill used a high second round pick to get a player who will see the field 8 plays a game OR be forced on more because Bill says so.

What a crock.

For some reason, I doubt Ireland and Sparano was 100 percent on board with that pick.
How many other QB's in college had more rushing yards than White? None. How many other QB's in college won 4 bowl games? None. Beck has less talent in his whole body than White has in his foreskin... White hasn't looked very good under center, but has looked good when playing in shotgun. That'll take some time to get used too I'm sure. I was pissed about the White pick at 1st, simply because you had Sintim and Barwin still available. But I won't be so foolish to claim White a bust. And after seeing all the talent we have at OLB, I'm so mad anymore. Beck wasn't given a chance because he showed the people that mattered, he didn't deserve it. Plain and simple.

He won't. He's never going to be a starter in this league. After the Raven's axe him, these Beck lovers will spam their board with how he wasn't given a fair chance to compete. So on and so forth.

hahahaha. You kill me. Are you that confident that Flacco won't EVER get hurt? You are so sure that Troy Smith who totally blew this preseason is going to hold John off from playing in that case?

Beck is ready to play in the NFL now. He obviously wasn't and wasn't supposed to be in 2007.

But, that is probably over your head isn't it?

Beck doesn't have to prove anything.

The fact that he was run out of town based on his performance as a rookie shows a total lack of knowledge about QBs. Or an upper management's desire to appease a fan base instead of making sure the best players are on the field.

But, if Beck DOES get to play due to an injury or whatever, and he plays well, Parcells will be looked at as an idiot IMO.

When Parcells builds a championship team, it will be his first. He only coached a well built team to a championship. he NEVER built one himself.

So, don't give me that BP homerism crap.

And I give Sparano and Ireland the credit for finding and molding the talent on the team.

Parcells does know defense. But, he needs to be hands off on offense IMO.
Coaching staff get's to see Beck every day in practice. They know much more about the game of football than you do. It's pretty obvious when someone just doesn't have it, and Beck doesn't have it.

The thing you don't seem to understand is Beck is a 28 year old, 2nd year player. If he was say a 22 year old 2nd year player, then maybe the coaching staff keeps him? But at 28, it's a total waste of time to try and develop him. If he was a 28 year old vet who's played a few years, perhaps the coaching staff keeps him?

How many other QB's in college had more rushing yards than White? None. How many other QB's in college won 4 bowl games? None. Beck has less talent in his whole body than White has in his foreskin... White hasn't looked very good under center, but has looked good when playing in shotgun. That'll take some time to get used too I'm sure. I was pissed about the White pick at 1st, simply because you had Sintim and Barwin still available. But I won't be so foolish to claim White a bust. And after seeing all the talent we have at OLB, I'm so mad anymore. Beck wasn't given a chance because he showed the people that mattered, he didn't deserve it. Plain and simple.

1. Those rushing yards translate in the NFL how?

2. So, one qtr of play is enough huh? And all of his hard work in the off season was too much for them or what? I don't get it. Wow these people that matter must really be geniuses at the QB position. But, they must be morons at every other position on the team. They required ALL preseason for the rest of the positions before they knew who could and couldn't play. But, they could tell about the QB position after just one QTR of play? Do you REALLY believe that ****?

CMON MAN!!! Quit drinking the koolaid. It ain't healthy dude.

He only sucks in your mind.

Unfortunately for you, the game isn't played in your mind. And Beck's 108 QB rating for this preseason seems to indicate he doesn't suck like you believe.

How are you going to spin that I'd like to know?
Only game he played good in was against the Falcons, and the worst secondary in the league. Didn't play much against the Jets, didn't play in week 2. 1 pass in week 3. And then week 4. That explains it.

hahahaha. You kill me. Are you that confident that Flacco won't EVER get hurt? You are so sure that Troy Smith who totally blew this preseason is going to hold John off from playing in that case?

Beck is ready to play in the NFL now. He obviously wasn't and wasn't supposed to be in 2007.

But, that is probably over your head isn't it?
Yep, I'm totally confident Troy Smith holds off John Beck from playing. Beck ready to play in the NFL. :lol: That's enough laughs for now, I'll see ya later.

1. Those rushing yards translate in the NFL how?

2. So, one qtr of play is enough huh? And all of his hard work in the off season was too much for them or what? I don't get it. Wow these people that matter must really be geniuses at the QB position. But, they must be morons at every other position on the team. They required ALL preseason for the rest of the positions before they knew who could and couldn't play. But, they could tell about the QB position after just one QTR of play? Do you REALLY believe that ****?

CMON MAN!!! Quit drinking the koolaid. It ain't healthy dude.
I was referring to the practices he participated in almost every day. I'm sure you forgot about those.

10 days from opening kickoff and we are discussing the Ravens 3rd string QB. I'm out!:foundout:

Never understood why we cut Beck. So because he is not playing up to his pick, that sucks but dont tell me he deserved to get cut. I would much rather have Beck as our third qb than White.

Back
Top Bottom