being hear too much talk on Kay Jay | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

being hear too much talk on Kay Jay

MDFINFAN said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
..in the fall, we wake up to reality, hopefully reality is like our dreams, but if not, the dreams kept the summer bearable and that's also important. Always reach for the stars in thought, and we may hit the moon in reality..but you've got to start somewhere.
Last summer I was screaming we were going to the superbowl, we had picked up david boston we got this guy by the name of Aj that was gonna be a huge improvement over fiedler and what did it lead to..............dissapointment like nonother. I don't get excited anymore about transactions I get excited 'bout wins. Although I was jumping for joy on draft weekend.

i think it could be described as being a little too confident and ****y. i think this stems from him having some nagging injuries last year which should have been a break-out year for him and he was falling b/c of it. Sense any anger or resentment in his below remarks before the draft? He didn't make it large in baseball but in his opinion he should have been up there with Brown/Cadillac/Benson for the payday.

His 2 main negatives: age and durability
other negatives: he's still raw and learning, he improved his ability to hold onto the ball from his junio to senior season but still needs to learn better techniques

Positives: He has the size, speed and power and good enough vision to be an above avg. back in the league if he can continue to tune his technique and be a bit more patient.

Tampa's RB coaches liked him and said he was a fast-learner so we will have to wait and see. He could be the Adrian McPherson of RBs (without the legal problems/history....i.e. raw talent and physical ability if properly harnessed).

http://www.buccaneers.com/draft/draftmain.aspx?full=true&newsid=4343

“I definitely want to remind everybody: Hey, don’t forget about me,†he said of his trip to the Senior Bowl. “I was slowed down by the injury, but I just want to let everyone here know that if I had been healthy through the season I would have been up there at the top with all of those guys they consider first-day running backs. All I can say is, if they let me slip, I’ll make them pay. I’m writing it down. I’m making a list of everybody who passes me up to draft another back.â€Â

fyi, i think the 'injury' he's referring to is when he pulled his hamstring early in the season, the game after his breakout 300+ yard game.

Saban had good foresight picking up this guy, sure he's older but he isn't being looked at as the feature guy, just a compliment to Ronnie & Lamar. Saban has three power backs with similar styles. Wanny had Ricky who was backed up by a scrony little scat back by the name of Travis Minus......we were always one injury or retirement away from complete disaster. How stupid was that?

being hear too much talk on Kay Jay ? Good to see you caught a nice buzz last night Kingfin. It didn't look pretty but you got your point across.:lol:

vt_dolfan said:
Those that Doubt Kay Jay...have never seen him play. Hes a big fast back with very good vision. Does he need work...yes. Is he Brown? Probably not. Would he start for many NFL teams....your damn right. Be lucky we got him when we did. At worst we can trade him for some good draft picks. The hype is warranted because of how we aquired him. Would the hype be so much if he went in the first three rounds..no. And..by the way...Priest Holmes was never drafted...so for a chance at a running back like that....I say...shut the F up. and watch to see what happens in camp. If you have ANYTHING to back up any smack...then bring it...other wise...HUSH!!!!!

I dont buy for a second that this guy could come in right now and start for teams and they didnt spend a 6th or 7th rounder on him. Thats foolish talk. Hopefully he can contribute but to act like hes already one of the better Rb's in the league and could start right now is just downright silly. Lets chill out and see if he MAKES the team.

Predaphin said:
can we get a list of undrafted free agents that blossomed to be all pro's just to prove this guy wrong???

flawed logic. That would open the door for him to show you a list of all the undrafted free agents that never played a single down in the NFL.
Trust me, that list would be MUCH longer than yours.

KingFin...back with the negative comments again hey ??
Lighten up...KJ will either do ok or be cut, at this time it makes no difference what you think of him...He does have some potential, and was mentioned as even with a lot of other backs in this draft. The 4 years in the minors (age) cost him the ability to be drafted early...He has similar skills to several of the backs that came out.

Even if KJ winds up filling a role similar to Bernie Parmalee, another undrafted guy, he would be productive. Of course Bernie never had this guys hubris...or potential.

vt_dolfan said:
Those that Doubt Kay Jay...have never seen him play. Hes a big fast back with very good vision. Does he need work...yes. Is he Brown? Probably not. Would he start for many NFL teams....your damn right. Be lucky we got him when we did. At worst we can trade him for some good draft picks. The hype is warranted because of how we aquired him. Would the hype be so much if he went in the first three rounds..no. And..by the way...Priest Holmes was never drafted...so for a chance at a running back like that....I say...shut the F up. and watch to see what happens in camp. If you have ANYTHING to back up any smack...then bring it...other wise...HUSH!!!!!

U forgot to mention that Priest didnt become a Super-Star until he signed with the Chiefs who have had the best OL in the league over the last 4-5 seasons!

Kay Jay isnt a stud hes a project!

Kay Jay i solid, I would bet he makes the team if Ricky doesnt come back. I dont know if he beats out Gordon, but Minor? Yes, Henry isnt even a factor. I thought he had talent (Henry) but he doesnt have the vision to hit the holes.

phinphan11 said:
I guess you didn't see what he did to one of the best run defenses in college football (FSU) when they played. He basically was unstoppable...

FSU couldnt stop Ceatrick Fason either.Having said that I think he will make the team and contribute to the overall scheme.I am anxious to see him play.

kingfin said:
being hear too much tak on Kay Jay. I would love to no this.

I'm guessing alcohol was involved in the creation of this thread. :D

I think Kay Jay is a solid backup, I thought he was going to get drafted. I was hoping Brandon Jacobs would go undrafted so we could have picked him up....but he was drafted in the 4th by the Giants, so it was quite a surprise when Kay Jay was available...glad we took him. :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom