Bell is choosing between Phins, Bills, Chiefs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bell is choosing between Phins, Bills, Chiefs

I'd take him. We've got a good enough staff that his asshole tendencies probably won't take over the team.

Hell, look at the time Randy Moss went to the Pats. I'm not saying Bell would be as successful here, but I can see similarities.

Who will we get rid of to acquire him? Don't we have 5 rbs on the roster at this point? Bell>Howard but paying both is ridiculous. Don't really want him but if we can get him on some type of prove it deal he'll be our starter.

We can offer him the most money and biggest role in the offense. Get it done.

Howard was a bust free agent, and Flores doesn’t seem too hot for Breida either. Bell is an elite playmaker and would be an excellent get
Don't write Breida off. He made some good plays against the 49ers.

Bell really has revenge on the mind... the Jets next 3 opponents? Dolphins, Bills, Chiefs
Good point. And I can see him playing hard against the Jets but no so much against any other team.

Well, I take that back. I can see him playing hard the rest of the year then being a diva next year.

I’m all for replacing Howard with Bell. He’s gonna be hungry to prove Jets and Gase wrong. We realistically could make a playoff push this year. And it’s low risk I’m sure he’s only signing a 1 year prove it deal. And if he leaves in offseason he may count for compensatory picks? Not quite sure how that works for someone signed mid season on a 1 year deal

We have a few things in our favor:

1. Much improved young oline
2. He lives in Miami in the offseason to train
3. No taxes
4. Weather (Arrowhead is colder than Antarctica)
5. He can be the feature back if he proves himself.
6. He can crush the Jets (Fresh in his mind)
7. Chan Galey loves to run the ball.
8. If he can regain his form he can be the face of a team that needs a true star player.

All that being said, I'd prefer to draft a guy like Etiene next year than pay Bell long term. However , he would slot in nicely as a lead back for the season. We are going to be a team to be reckoned with in another year two. We are building young depth everywhere with draft capital and frugal cap spending. After 30 years of mediocrity there is finally light at the end of the tunnel.

You have to think if Bell comes here, free agents will actually want to come here if they are paid even within the realm of what they are asking for..... We might not have to overpay people to come here anymore, which is a HUGE turning point in a franchise.

interesting

" If Miami does sign Bell one would think this would be the end of Jordan Howard in Miami as he was a healthy scratch last week vs San Francisco. The Dolphins can cut Howard and would have no dead money on the salary cap in 2021 and it would free up $5 million in salary cap space. "

Back
Top Bottom