Bell is choosing between Phins, Bills, Chiefs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bell is choosing between Phins, Bills, Chiefs

interesting

" If Miami does sign Bell one would think this would be the end of Jordan Howard in Miami as he was a healthy scratch last week vs San Francisco. The Dolphins can cut Howard and would have no dead money on the salary cap in 2021 and it would free up $5 million in salary cap space. "

With that information I’d welcome him then.

That's like saying you don't want to drive a Ferrari because you're getting great mileage out of a Hyundai.
Can you really compare him to a Ferrari anymore though? More like an old beat up Ferrari that needs more than just an oil change, given his recent play and injury issues.

I'm thinking he'll go to the Chiefs, who wouldn't then the Bills. Miami is a possibility but I would think we'd have to outbid the Chiefs and frankly I wouldn't mind him but his health and dollars are big considertions.

I have to wonder how much his year away from football has hurt his ability? I also wonder now that he's banked $25m plus; if his effort is all in? Don't get me wrong Bell was seriously talented. But ya gotta wonder about his motivation?

Aren’t the Jets on the hook for his contract anyway?

I would assume the Jets are on the hook for the rest of the $6 Million for this year, minus any compensation he gets from his new club. Unless it was going to be more than $6 Million (which it can't or someone would've claimed him), in which case it would make no sense for Bell to take more than league minimum to help out his new team and let the Jets pay the rest.

The caveat being that maybe someone signs him to a multi year deal in which their is some negotiating to do. I would Bell just wants to play out the season and regain some acclaim and look to sign a new deal in the off-season.

KC can't offer him anything more than a contributing role (and a likely super bowl appearance) for just 2020.

Bell has spent his life playing football in Ohio, Michigan, Penn and NJ. Going to Buffalo isn't that daunting to a guy like that vs. a Florida kid who grew up needing a jacket if the temp dips below 70.

anyone but myles gaskin, please.

...or patrick laird.

Not the type of guy I want on one of the youngest aged teams. It would be terrible if some of our young potential gets tainted by his brain. Different story if he had a more mature, veteran roster. But we don't.

I'm thinking he'll go to the Chiefs, who wouldn't then the Bills. Miami is a possibility but I would think we'd have to outbid the Chiefs and frankly I wouldn't mind him but his health and dollars are big considertions.

He won’t be the featured back in KC, clyde is their future and Reid won’t sour that by putting someone in front of him. I know Gaskin is doing alright, but I don’t think he is better than Bell, and this run game has a lot of room for improvement.

I’m wrong a lot but geeesh Bell looks so slow. But I’ll blindly support the decision if Bell signs.

I think Bell's strength are his patience, vision and his ability to get extra yards. He can also catch. We wanted that from Howard but he's done.

I think he'd be crazy to turn down the Chiefs at the mo, but I'd take him in a heartbeat. If he's an ass, cut him. But if he can get close to his play in Pitt, he'd be a huge bargain for a season and be one less piece to look for if he can be signed for a couple more years.

Bell's home is in Miami, that and hatred towards the Jets is probably why we are in the hunt.

Learning the recent Jordan Howard cap info, I'm all for Bell with the release of Howard. man, he has been atrocious this year.

KC has a good thing going with Edwards-Helaire, I wouldn't bring Bell in if I were them. Don't mess with E-Hs reps, and Bell isn't going to sit quietly and contribute like LeSean McCoy did last year.

If it was L Bell of years ago, sure... but what about his greed? Idk.. I wouldn’t want to take away snaps from gaskin or Breida who have been effective just try to get Bell snaps, but if he is still close to his prime ... could be a good move

But i don’t want his cancer

Back
Top Bottom