Bench Rickey | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bench Rickey

shall we trade for manning, mcnabb, warner? guess what, jay's won more regular season games than all of them the last 3 years...dude, welcome to the boards. we're glad to have you. but you need to bring facts along with your bashes, dont just go along with what the "bandwagon" media says

Bro, really, relax...I've never really liked Fiedler, not because of what the "bandwagon or media" says about him, I just dont think he can get it done. Trust me when I tell you that I hope he does, there would be nothing in this world that would make me happier than us winning the big game with Fiedler at the helm to silence me and all the critics.
And by the way, hell yeah we make that trade for manning,mcnabb or etc. we would be nuts if we didnt. Thanks for the welcoming to the board and heres to #9!!!

typical

Originally posted by WiLLT429
WOW!!!! I seriously never thought I would get a post like that about Fiedler....to each his own I guess.
I just would rather see us with someone that we could rely on thru every game, I mean when we reach the Super Bowl, can this guy get it done? I really hope so, cause I didnt wait this long to get a super bowl caliber team only to let our "MVP QB" throw the game, thats all. Sorry if I offended you.

playing the odds.....since only one team can win it all you may have plenty of opportunities to blame Jay.

I suggest to take the blinders off....its looking great in my "rose colored" world.....but go ahead and pout.....

Now tell me what QB u can rely on EVERY game?

I apologize to all. I dont want to come off as the dickhead my first day on these boards. So, I am sorry for the lack of respect.
Fiedler is the man for now and we must all respect that if we wanna get anything accomplished in this league. I truly apologize for being a dickhead on the boards.

Fiedler is a pretty good QB who has done very well so far this year. If he continues this, he will be going to Hawaii in Feburary to play some football the week after he wins the Super Bowl.

I am a Saints fan and even I was waiting for the punch line. I was like, "This guys has got to be a Saints fan. No way have Dolphins fans turned this hard this early." You got me..., then you didn't. Like I said I was waiting for punch line.

Guys that is the key. Can he do it consistantly, and over a period of time?
When he is good he is very good. When he is bad he is horrible. He was terrific this week. Which Jay will we get next week?

Originally posted by fin-atic
When he is good he is very good. When he is bad he is horrible. He was terrific this week. Which Jay will we get next week?
yeah he has only played well in 19 out of 20 quarter this season :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I understand the Fielder thing people have against him...When Marino would throw int's and incompletions to lose a game, I don't remember all the hate writings..yet with all Marino had he attended one SB.. and after the 1st half of that game got stuck down..until this year Marino had plenty of weapons except for a super star running back..but then again, we don't know if one of the backs could have become one, because Dan was going to pass his way down the field,,,great football in the fall, terrible ball in the winter..when you need a running game..I think Jay has manage whatever O the phins have run and won a lot of games because of his smarts, his legs, (which Dan couldn't do) and his arm....CC didn't have the avg he did last year because Fielder couldn't throw...This guy had taken Fan and media criticism for over 2 years because he's not a Marino..who by the way didn't win any SB's that I can remember...correct me if I'm wrong..I loved Dan, but I realize that all his passing wasn't going to get us to the SB..I love Feidler for playing tough and good enough to give us hope..and for taking all the crap that the so call fans and media gives him and he continues to win...go Jay...I'm glad he got the game ball..because the only lost Miami has is not Jay's fault, but the D...The O score 30 points..that means Jay did his job..and then was force in the 4th to push for more that led to int's...I love the fact Jay scambles and we get either td's or 1st down..Dan couldn't do this, not even in his young days.., Like any player he will have his bad days..I remember Dan's 5 int's against Dallas..or int's for td's to the other team so many times..but overall, There's a lot of QB's I'm glad are not on this team...There is no QB who consistently have better games than fielder...even Kurt when he meets the TB's Buc's seem out of sync,, and bye the way,,,that's the only qb to win more than Jay in the last 3 years..Jay would catch him this year if he was still playing..so hark all yall want,..I rather have Jay than some of the burst we see on other teams..Kurt has Marshall, and the WR's, Jay didn't have that until this year and he still managed the games well enough to win.

I think RW should get less carries this week, he carried alot last week in a physical game and could get weary in the altitude. RE has shown he can do it and would be a nice change up with the game plan. I'm not saying bench RW, I'm saying give him 15 carries and RE 10.

It would help with him not getting 1500 as well.

Originally posted by fin-atic

The thing is, just about the only time he is bad, is when out defense decides to take the game off, and our coaches are doing horrible things with the game-plan.

If everyone else around him executes... he plas his part, and does it well. That's all we need.

If we use last week as an example, the only reason that Fiedler may and I emphasize MAY play poorly is that there would be no other way to win but for him to force the issue. When we're down in the fourth quarter by more than a touchdown time is of the essence so we have to start passing. Naturally, the opposing defense starts stacking its defensive backfield. The quarterback has to be incredibly precise and often precise very quickly often leading to interceptions.

Furthermore, since Jay is a member of a TEAM, we have to remember that this is a TEAM effort and if the defense isn't doing the job, it's all up to the offense to try to outscore the other team and again if it's the fourth quarter, we have to start passing.

Third, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Jay I don't think that Jay is among the most well paid members of the team and not one of the most well paid quarterbacks in the league, so bringing in a big name like Kurt Warner would give us cap issues. Therefore, if you add up the costs and benefits, Fiedler is a bargain that allows us to have a top running back and defense.

Back
Top Bottom