Berrios Returns | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Berrios Returns

Another thought on this subject: By the time the season ended, I’d lost count of how many times TT had to climb a ladder to chase down a wild snap from Connor Williams. Sometimes they were high, sometimes Tua was scooping them off the ground, but in such a timing based passing offense, it seemed like Williams’ bad snaps blew up some quick passing plays before they even had a chance to develop.

That being said, I’m not a fan of this news. Getting a legit #3 WR on this roster could make a huge difference for this offense and keeping guys like BB could our ability to sign/draft a legit difference maker.

Easily my least favorite signing of the offseason so far.
Fair Tua but also flubbed some snaps he’s pretty clumsy at times imo

Fair Tua but also flubbed some snaps he’s pretty clumsy at times imo
Tua certainly flubbed a few, but not nearly enough for me to think it’s a problem and it’s really hard to evaluate because Williams was SO BAD snapping the ball for the entire season.

Tua never knew how that snap was coming out and I actually give him credit for saving as many as he did.

I think much of the fan base is ignoring the changes in the offense after Cracraft was injured. Up to that point, in the Denver game the offense was spreading the ball around getting Cracraft, Berrios and Smythe involved in the passing game. But things changed for some reason. The offense began to look off the underneath again and focus on the the deeper patterns with Hill and Waddle.

It wasn't until late in the season when the offense began to utilize Smythe, Berrios and also Wilson. It just happens it was due to Injuries to both Waddle and Hill, that kept them out of the lineup for periods of time.

Some fans want to blame Berrios or Smythe or whoever. But in actuality they aren't at fault.

The stability Berrios brings to the return game, as well as, what he can do when he's thrown the ball; is worth every penny he gets paid.

@Martel13 , @Phins up , Did you want something?

scale;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60;progressive.jpg

Back
Top Bottom