Berrios Returns | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Berrios Returns

Seems like a good team guy.

But man we need something more explosive on special team.

You’re allowed to score points in the return game.

Btw... Jakeem Grant.

7 years
4 Punt return TDs
10.3 average
2 Kickoff return TDs
24.5 yard average

The memories that some here think they have... of Grant getting 2-3 per year?

Absolute crap.

Never happened.

Look it up.
I'd be interested in knowing how many fumbles he had and how many muffed punts. With Grant back there, it was hold your breath because it was too often going to be a muff, a fumble, or a long return. With Berrios back there I can go take a leak on punt returns if I need to because I can be confident he will do the single most important thing a punt returner must do. Catch the gawd damned ball cleanly.

Btw... Jakeem Grant.

7 years
4 Punt return TDs
10.3 average
2 Kickoff return TDs
24.5 yard average

The memories that some here think they have... of Grant getting 2-3 per year?

Absolute crap.

Never happened.

Look it up.

You watch your post…

What’s the stats on Berrios? Landry?

Ginn might be the most comparable!

This sucks. 3 mil? Worst punt returner ever. I had an AI run 10,000 simulations and it would be better to rush 11 then have barrios return the punt. He offers nothing in WR depth. So I just don't understand how we waste 3 mil. In cap space for garbage.

I like him as a punt returner but it’s obvious Tua doesn’t look to him in the pass game. Tua would rather throw into double coverage elsewhere than take a throw to BB and that tells you all you need to know about BB as a receiving threat. I think we go get 1-2 receivers from outside to go with Hill, Waddle, EE and Berrios.

I'm not convinced TT was the problem. Mcd calls the plays. No time for 'kill.' TH/Waddle were 1st reads (often 1 and 2). No time for progression.

Brother early in the year Tua was hitting Berrios and Cracraft, but the second half of the year not much at all. Was it a combo of the offensive line was so beat up, Tua didn't have enough time to make reads, and the time to throw, plus the plays coming in so late he couldn't get a good read on the defense set up. :ffic:
It was too much of Hill trying to get 2k. Funny enough Hill probably hits 2k if not for several crucial drops.

Anyway there better not be talk of Hill trying to get 2k this year.

I like the signing first. We get a reliable punt returner that does not scare me every time he catches the ball. We get a backup wide receiver that knows the offense, definitiley wants to in Miami, and presumably is good in the locker room.

Contract details are not out, but at up to 3 million the cap hit will be less than 3 million. 1 million is bare minimum.

Lastly we have 4 wide receivers signed. We will probably have 6 on the final 53. We will sign more. I expect our starting third wide receiver will be a free agent signing. Someone like Hunter Renfro, Michael Thomas, or Tyler Boyd.

I'm not convinced TT was the problem. Mcd calls the plays. No time for 'kill.' TH/Waddle were 1st reads (often 1 and 2). No time for progression.
Another thought on this subject: By the time the season ended, I’d lost count of how many times TT had to climb a ladder to chase down a wild snap from Connor Williams. Sometimes they were high, sometimes Tua was scooping them off the ground, but in such a timing based passing offense, it seemed like Williams’ bad snaps blew up some quick passing plays before they even had a chance to develop.

That being said, I’m not a fan of this news. Getting a legit #3 WR on this roster could make a huge difference for this offense and keeping guys like BB could our ability to sign/draft a legit difference maker.

Easily my least favorite signing of the offseason so far.

Back
Top Bottom