Best all time dolphins in every position. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best all time dolphins in every position.

What about TE, all I can think of is Kieth Jackson.
Bruce Hardy 12 year career 1978-89 - 95 starts, 151 games although last 2 season injured a lot.
Began as a blocking TE and only had modest numbers of 25 td's and 2,455 yds.
He played in time of some other great wr's like Clayton, Duper, Moore so would of been down the list in first option to pass.

Bruce Hardy 12 year career 1978-89 - 95 starts, 151 games although last 2 season injured a lot.
Began as a blocking TE and only had modest numbers of 25 td's and 2,455 yds.
He played in time of some other great wr's like Clayton, Duper, Moore so would of been down the list in first option to pass.
Joe Rose? and Dan Johnson for his short run.

Paul Warfield was the most talented receiver in Dolphin history...also in the Hall!
Talent wise probably but we ran the ball back then

He never broke 1,000 yards receiving

I'm 36. I think I qualify as 'old' among the modern era. I hardly have any recollections from before the Leon Lett FG block/fumble/touchdown/deadball/ FG win incident, though. I was like 8 at the time.

I have tried watching some of the older stuff just so I can honor the teams and players that made us into the proud franchise Marino was willing to go down as a cokehead to play for but it still feels like watching black and white overly dramatic cinema.

Other than Brian Cox, Troy Vincent and Terrence Buckley I can't recall any pre-JJ defensive players.

On offense other than Marino, I recall McDuffie, Fryar and Drayton pre-JJ but that's it.

I came to love Lamar Smith, Abdul Jabbar, Ricky, Chambers, Gadsden, McMichael, Taylor, Bowens, Thomas, Madison and Surtain.

My opinion on players stretches only as far back as 1991 or so.

I remember Shula besting the all-time win record on one of the first few games I watched. It's like I watched all the decadence of the Dolphins glory but none of its climax. I was literally born in 1984 and can't say I felt that excitement we had a bright future ahead when Marino made the SB. I did get to watch Ace Ventura on the big screen to get a taste of the bitterness it was all for naught...

Last edited:
Nathan is not on an all-time Dolphin team...Csonka at fullback and Ricky at RB....Delvin Williams was a superior RB to Nathan, so was Mercury Morris.
All true. But I am sticking up for Nathan. I don't have stats in front of me. But if you look at combine yardage, rushing and catching, Nathan is up there. And as overall effectiveness, run and catch, I like my man Nathan.

Last edited:
I'm 36. I think I qualify as 'old' among the modern era. I hardly have any recollections from before the Leon Lett FG block/fumble/touchdown/deadball/ FG win incident, though. I was like 8 at the time.

I have tried watching some of the older stuff just so I can honor the teams and players that made us into the proud franchise Marino was willing to go down as a cokehead to play for but it still feels like watching black and white overly dramatic cinema.

Other than Brian Cox, Troy Vincent and Terrence Buckley I can't recall any pre-JJ defensive players.

On offense other than Marino, I recall McDuffie, Fryar and Drayton pre-JJ but that's it.

I came to love Lamar Smith, Abdul Jabbar, Ricky, Chambers, Gadsden, McMichael, Taylor, Bowens, Thomas, Madison and Surtain.

My opinion on players stretches only as far back as 1991 or so.
Cox is a good one. Love to see him playing the Bills.

Back
Top Bottom