Best all time dolphins in every position. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best all time dolphins in every position.

Williams had one good season. That's it Blue
Mercury you may have a case
Are we discussing who was the best players in Dolphin history to ever play the positions? Or who hung around for several years and amassed numbers with an average career and never achieved greatness in any given year?

Honestly, Warfield did more of his damage in Cleveland. I think you have to go with 3 guys who played with Marino:

Duper
Clayton
Nat Moore as slot WR.
Again...I’m basing it on who was the best player to ever play the position in Miami....Nat Moore who played in the 70’s and 80’s will tell you (and I heard the interview on “Fishtank”...) Warfield was on another level than any receiver he’s been around. I’m not going to downgrade any player for the era they played in...the rules were much different!

I’ve personally watched all these players...Warfield was an all-time great whose mere presence drove those great Dolphin running games with the threat of Griese hitting him downfield!

Last edited:
I'm 36. I think I qualify as 'old' among the modern era. I hardly have any recollections from before the Leon Lett FG block/fumble/touchdown/deadball/ FG win incident, though. I was like 8 at the time.

I have tried watching some of the older stuff just so I can honor the teams and players that made us into the proud franchise Marino was willing to go down as a cokehead to play for but it still feels like watching black and white overly dramatic cinema.

Other than Brian Cox, Troy Vincent and Terrence Buckley I can't recall any pre-JJ defensive players.

On offense other than Marino, I recall McDuffie, Fryar and Drayton pre-JJ but that's it.

I came to love Lamar Smith, Abdul Jabbar, Ricky, Chambers, Gadsden, McMichael, Taylor, Bowens, Thomas, Madison and Surtain.

My opinion on players stretches only as far back as 1991 or so.

I remember Shula besting the all-time win record on one of the first few games I watched. It's like I watched all the decadence of the Dolphins glory but none of its climax. I was literally born in 1984 and can't say I felt that excitement we had a bright future ahead when Marino made the SB. I did get to watch Ace Ventura on the big screen to get a taste of the bitterness it was all for naught...

I really feel you bro ...I really do...you are 6 years younger than me so you were around, but not around...Youtube has a bunch of the games from the 1990, 1991 and 1992 seasons...I think most if not all of them...watch those seasons if you can if only to really feel the heartbreak that is what it was to be a young Dolphins fan during that era...

The tragic 1993 and the sour end to 1994 are good too...

Those were my teams...I grew up with those teams, and those players, and their highlights are etched into my mind...

The highs... the lows...hell look at my avatar...MARK HIGGS... true underdog...never got to 1000 but boy did he get thisclose if not for an injury he'd of had it...The Marks brothers still had some juice along with Tony Paige, Keith Jackson...

Watching Dan scramble for a TD in the playoffs...in the snow...I don't know man... even if we never won it all I just feel like it was awesome back then...anyway....sorry to stray off topic here...

Over Jake Scott and Dick Anderson!? I'd even take Louis Oliver and Jarvis Williams over the Blackwood boys in a heartbeat!
Brock Marion and Rashad Jones for the modern era

I'll give you one who many on here are going to not be happy about, but I think John Offerdahl was a better middle linebacker than Zach Thomas.
No freakin way. All due respect, Z Thomas hopefully makes the HOF this week. 3 down LB. One of the smartest to play that position. Don't take my word for it, take Payton Manning and Keven Mawaii's name for it.

Nathan is not on an all-time Dolphin team...Csonka at fullback and Ricky at RB....Delvin Williams was a superior RB to Nathan, so was Mercury Morris.
Delvin Williams had like one good year for the Dolphins, right? Nathan did more than just run. He was a multipurpose back that made big plays in big games. No way you put Delvin Williams ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom