Best all time dolphins in every position. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best all time dolphins in every position.

I'll give you one who many on here are going to not be happy about, but I think John Offerdahl was a better middle linebacker than Zach Thomas.
In terms of ability, I think it’s certainly a viable argument to be made. But Thomas had the one crucial ability that Offerdahl didn’t have: “availability.” Offerdahl was hurt an awful lot, but he was a great, great player— and he did it without the great linemen up front that Thomas had when he played.

McDuffie was a much better slot receiver in Miami than Welker
Welker shouldn’t be on any all-time Dolphins lists. His production came on a different team with a much better QB than this team has fielded in a very long time.

Lots of safety talk.
How about all-time value? 6th round pick to team captain and Probowler Yeremiah Bell.

Of course I saw him play! I'm 52. He was an excellent player. Tackle machine and was the only good player on that D for a few years. As you should know already, he could not stay healthy. He's well below Zach. Just my opinion.
During the senior bowl that year Don Shula said I seen him back plant Bo Jackson at the goal line. and wanted badly but feared he would not last two the second round We had no first. Gave that in the Hugh Green trade
offerdahl was very good. He beat his body up , so did Zach but he lasted longer

Paul Soliai and Tim Bowens were under the radar type players who played well for Miami at DT. Atkins and Bell are 2 under the radar safeties. Irvin Fryer at WR is an under the radar player. I guess if we were making a second team All Miami team, these guys might fit the bill.

Its very hard not to include the players in the early 70's on most of the 1st team. Just outstanding team chemistry.

Dellenbach had to step in when Stephenson went down Then Jeff Uhlenhake, Tim Ruddy all manned the pivot for twenty years very well , the early O Lines Kuchenburgh Jon Geisel man there are so may all those AFC Championships we lost to Buffalo
Jarvis Williams and Louise Oliver at safety
im gonna have to dust of the VCR tapes of Monday Night games from that Era
what a treat ,
Knocking Off Bears Monday Night Dec 2 1985

Jason Taylor was. Great player
on a Monday night against at Jacksonville Tony Boselli just destroyed Taylor on a play and Jason gestures to him. The Camera crew caught Boselli motioning To Taylor with his hands to bring pal ,
great moment Dan Dierdorf pointed out a Young player learning a lesion from a excellent offensive tackle
Boselli worked him over all night Sharing crumbs

QB - Pat White
RB 1 - Ballage
RB 2- Daniel Thomas
WR - Leonte Carroo
WR - legedu Naanee
WR - Derek Hagan
TE - Michael Egnew
O line - Dallas Thomas

Edge - Dion Jordan
Edge - Charles Harris
LB - Channing Crowder
LB - Philip Wheeler
CB - Jamar Taylor
CB - Jamar Fletcher
DB - Jason Allen
DB - Cameron worrell
Cecil Collins would be available at RB as of May 1, 2013.

1 QB-Marino
2 FB-Csonka
3 HB-Willams
4 WR-Warfield
5 WR- Duper-Clayton
6 LT-Webb
7 G-Little
8 G-Kuechenberg
9 C-Stephenson- Langer. Both HOF and both great
10 RT-Evans
11 TE-Hardy The one position on the offense they have never had a great player but they have had several good TE’s.

12 CB-Madison
13 CB-Surtain. Howard might end up eventually being the best but at this time he has only had 2 excellent seasons in 5 years with the Dolphins.
14 S- Scott
15 S- Anderson
16 MLB- Buoniconti - Thomas was great but Buoniconti was the coach on the field for the great Dolphin defenses of the 1970’s.
17 LB- Duhe
18 LB- Gordon
19 DL- Fernandez
20 DL- Baumhower-Bowens Both are worthy of being on this list of all time greats at the DL position
21 DE- Wake
22 DE-LB Taylor

23 P-Roby
24 FG- Yepremian

HC- Shula- and it isn’t even close.
The best thing about this list for me is that I was fortunate enough to be in the stadium to watch everyone of these players play for the Dolphins.

Last edited:
Honestly, Warfield did more of his damage in Cleveland. I think you have to go with 3 guys who played with Marino.

We never threw the ball back then. Warfield didn't catch a lot of passes, but he made them count.

1970: 11 games: 28 703 6 25.1 avg
1971: 14 games: 43 996 11 23.2 avg
1972: 11 games: 29 606 3 20.9 avg
1973: 14 games: 29 514 11 17.7 avg
1974: 9 games: 27 536 2 19.9 avg

Big play receiver if ever there was one!

Back
Top Bottom