Best all time dolphins in every position. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best all time dolphins in every position.

Heres my team, factoring in some level of longevity

Qb Dan Marino, Griese, Strock
RB Csonka, R Williams, Morris, Nathan, R Brown
WR Warfield, Duper, Clayton, Fryar, McDuffie, N Moore
TE Jackson, Mandich, McMike
OT Webb, Moore, Giesler, Dixon
OG Little, Kuechenberg, Newman, Sims
C Stephenson, Langer
K Stoyanovich

DE Stanfill, Taylor, Cross, Wake, Den Herder
DT Fernandez, Baumhower, Bowens, Suh
LB Thomas, Buonoconti, Offerdahl, Duhe, Brudzinski
CB Surtain, Madison, Howard, Vincent
S Scott, Anderson, Oliver, Marion
P Roby

I put a couple of place holders in there because I need to think some more.

What about Doug Betters? Edit: Never mind. Two dominant years in 83 and 84 but nothing else.
I have mix feeling about Betters. Seems like his heart wasnt totally into dolphins and s fla. He left for Montana to do whatever he likes to do first chance he got.

Last edited:
Delvin Williams had like one good year for the Dolphins, right? Nathan did more than just run. He was a multipurpose back that made big plays in big games. No way you put Delvin Williams ahead of him.
TN would be deadly in today's offense. Running, passing.....and can you imagine work him into wildcat, jet sweep, rpo....he'll be in probowl every year.

Paul Soliai and Tim Bowens were under the radar type players who played well for Miami at DT. Atkins and Bell are 2 under the radar safeties. Irvin Fryer at WR is an under the radar player. I guess if we were making a second team All Miami team, these guys might fit the bill.

Its very hard not to include the players in the early 70's on most of the 1st team. Just outstanding team chemistry.
Louis Oliver was a big-time hitter too! I think it's too hard to just pick the best; it may be easier to separate the greatest players by era. The affect that rule changes which favored the offensive passing game had on stats and performance must also be taken into account. WRs today don't have defenders holding on and fighting with them all the way down the field. The modern NFL coddles QBs and WRs, and the offense in general because fans want to see lots of points. There are so many rules about how you can tackle... it's definitely not like the Old Days!

Heres my team, factoring in some level of longevity

Qb Dan Marino, Griese, Strock
RB Csonka, R Williams, Morris, Nathan, R Brown
WR Warfield, Duper, Clayton, Fryar, McDuffie, N Moore
TE Jackson, Mandich, McMike
OT Webb, Moore, Giesler, Dixon
OG Little, Kuechenberg, Newman, Sims
C Stephenson, Langer
K Stoyanovich

DE Stanfill, Taylor, Cross, Wake, Den Herder
DT Fernandez, Baumhower, Bowens, Suh
LB Thomas, Buonoconti, Offerdahl, Duhe, Brudzinski
CB Surtain, Madison, Howard, Vincent
S Scott, Anderson, Oliver, Marion
P Roby

I put a couple of place holders in there because I need to think some more.
This is a pretty complete list. Although, I still have nightmares about Stoyo missing that kick in SD.

Here's my team - pretty cool thread..
QB - Marino
RB- Csonka, Ricky
WR - Duper/ Clayton/ Warfield (though I did love McDuffie)
OL - Webb/ Little/ Kuechenberg/ Stephenson/ Langer
TE - Not starting 1 because I have to go with the best 11 and I'd rather the 2 RB/3WR I have here

DL - JT/ Stanfill / Wake/ Baumhower
LB - Z Thomas/ Buoniconti/ Offerdahl (tough choice for me between Offerdahl and Bokamper)
DB - Anderson/ Madison/ Surtain/ Scott - I know it's hard to leave X out but these guys all did it longer - in a few years hopefully he's above these guys
P - Roby
K - J Sanders- OK I know this is a homer pick but I had to take someone from the current team - and I know this contradicts my previous statement about X but that's OK:)
Returner - McDuffie - I found a way to get him on here after all.

Back
Top Bottom