Best D in the League | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best D in the League

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know what is the matter with you guys. The Dolphins just won and it feels like the Houston loss all over again around here.

Everyone's going overboard with all these criticisms. We just won the game by two TDs. We did it in the 4th quarter. Relax. Try shifting gears here. Instead of shouting about penalties, Fiedler, Ricky, the OL, etc why don't we do what we should REALLY be doing right now...calling for the Jaguars fans to come eat some crow and celebrating the best damn defense in the NFL.

The D has allowed 51 points in 5 games! Thats pretty damn good in my book. They've intercepted 10 of the last 120 passes thrown against them. Thats phenomenal! They forced 5 turnovers today and scored a defensive TD. UNBELIEVABLE. The defense is now allowing an average of 10 points a game on the ROAD, with 10 forced turnovers in 3 road games....eh hem, 3 road WINS I meant to say. Oh did I mention thats already 1 more road win than we had all last season?!?!?!?

An ugly win is a win. Like I had been saying before the game, there was a lot going against Miami in this game. Jacksonville looked like they had just settled in with their rookie QB, and he's been playing well. Fred Taylor is healthy and back to asserting himself in the league. Jimmy Smith is back, and last week already showed he is in midseason form despite missing 4 games with suspension. The Jags defense has been playing real well. Miami, does not usually take advantage of opportunities to extend their AFC East lead, and they have only won 4 games in a row twice in the last 7 years. They already dropped a game against a "bad" team, so they were poised to be surprised yet again by another "bad" team. Did I mention that Miami tends to lay a hot stink biscuit on the field whenever they are flying high off one or more huge wins?

Today they proved that they are NOT that kind of team, no matter WHAT you say about whether it was pretty or not. Jacksonville looked pretty good last week and looked pretty good to me today. The scariest thing about Byron Leftwich is that we harried that man all fricking day long, forced hard-fought interceptions with pressure and whatnot, and he kept 'choppin wood' so to speak all the way until it finally all got to him at the end of the freakin 4th quarter. The guy was like Rocky...he sat there and took more of a beating than any QB we've faced this season, he had a ton of bad breaks and yet the guy kept coming at us...until finally, you could see it was just too much at the very end. Thats scary, and Jacksonville should have a bright future with Mr.Leftwich at the helm.

As for us, QB controversy or no QB controversy, this season Miami has shown that any kind of QB controversy will take a backseat to the defense's dominance.

We've got issues. What team doesn't? We don't need to be playing our best football in October or September. Our job in those months is to get the W's and guess what...we're doing just that. Now start serving up the Jags fans some crow and start celebrating this he||a nasty defense before my opinion of Dolfans is forever changed.

JT was ALL OVER Gary today.

May not show up on the stats but JT had a great game.

Oh I think it shows up on the stats.

1 sack
2 forced fumbles
1 fumble recovery
1 pass defense that led to an interception

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I don't know what is the matter with you guys. The Dolphins just won and it feels like the Houston loss all over again around here.

Everyone's going overboard with all these criticisms. We just won the game by two TDs. We did it in the 4th quarter. Relax. Try shifting gears here. Instead of shouting about penalties, Fiedler, Ricky, the OL, etc why don't we do what we should REALLY be doing right now...calling for the Jaguars fans to come eat some crow and celebrating the best damn defense in the NFL.

Why am I not doing that?
Because frankly the Jaguars suck. They aren't worth talking crap to. We should have dominated them and it's disturbing we didn't.
If this had been a game against the Patriots or the Titans, you bet your a$$ I would be crowing and singing Hosanas. But this was a game against a bad team and we barely beat them. It's depressing that we can't dominate bad teams. It makes me worried when we get to the really tough part of our schedule.

You just can't be satisfied can you? We won, Jay only threw one pick, which was in essence a punt, our defense held the Jags to 10 points, and the only injury we had was to Konrad. What else do you need? The number one passing game, running game, and defense? Absolutely ridiculous......

ck is right somewhat. There isn't any celebrating going on after another win. So lets start by giving a solid resounding HUZZAH! to the team.

However, on a more solemn note, the mood in the locker room after the game, was not a good one if you believe the tone in the interviews. Wanny did not seem to happy with his offense. He had to divert to praising JT and Madison (rightfully so mind you) to keep from exploding. I have a feeling practice this week is going into timing routes and offense in general.

No one is questioning the defense.. They are absolutely dominating the past 3 games and all 3 of those games were still down to the wire because of the offenses inability to put a game away.. Do we have enough offense to win week after week?? Or will Miami have to depend on "dominating" defensive performances every week for Miami to win??

I hope this Miami passing game turns around whether it's Fiedler or Griese at QB...

4-1 BABY!!!!!!!!

They know they cant take this offensive show into the playoffs. They cant even take it to December. The OL is the main problem. It's making Ricky and Jay look bad.

Until Dixon is healthy again I believe the coaches are a bit handcuffed where it concerns the OL.

Nails made a block on a counter play by Ricky and landed on his stomach and his man was still standing. Last year he'd have blew the defender up. There's alot of pressure comming from the DE's but Jay's not stepping up in the pocket as well as he should to buy more time.

ck is absolutely right, WE WON, WE WON ON THE ROAD, so relax guys 3-0 on the road, 2-0 in the division, buffalo not looking good so far, NE coming in for a big game next week.....i´m confident in this team, the most surprising thing today must have been greenwood stepped up to the plate, our offense has ways to go but in the last 2 weeks we learned that because of our defense we can win without ricky beeing effective and we can win even if we play the penalty game.....that is good news. so lets celebrate for a couple of days and get ready for NE......

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen Ck..

This team has played some ugly football, but they keep piling on the "w's" There is definetly something different about this dolphin team and look I'm not suggesting the NFL cancel the regular season and just hand us the trophy, by no means no...

But I've watched this team fold in games like this dating back to the Marino era... Miami winning three games on the road..un heard of. Miami winning against the supposedly "easy opponent"..unthinkable. Miami capitalizing on it's AFC east opponents bad play and gaining seperation...immposible...

Everybody be glad, because we have the one thing that we lacked most importantly last year, and that's the swagger and leadership to win even in adversity.

Do we need alot of work..absolutely. The o-line needs to step up. The wr's need less drops and Feidler needs to hit those open wide open recievers, however football is both an offensive and defensive effort. Jay Feidler has single handidly make plays when they count the most to move the chains. Celebarte the win, becasue it doesn't get any easier, but at least team is getting better.

I'm just so glad that our defense is showing up on the road. Remember that last year they allowed something ridiculous like 26 points per game on the road. This year, 10 points per game...in 3 games.

Even when we won on the road, our D was allowing a fair amount of points

Originally posted by Bazinet37
You just can't be satisfied can you?

I remember a game back in 99 where we beat the Cardinals on the road in a defensive game where our offense looked like crap. I was happy we won a game on the road. I learned my lesson later in the season. If you can't dominate the bad teams, you can't beat the good ones.

Originally posted by RikWriter

I remember a game back in 99 where we beat the Cardinals on the road in a defensive game where our offense looked like crap. I was happy we won a game on the road. I learned my lesson later in the season. If you can't dominate the bad teams, you can't beat the good ones.

That's a buncha dog **** because Miami is notorious for beating the "good" teams and losing to the "bad teams.

Back
Top Bottom