Best D in the League | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best D in the League

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Oh I think it shows up on the stats.

1 sack
2 forced fumbles
1 fumble recovery
1 pass defense that led to an interception

not to mention all the holding and hands to the face deals he got all day. the refs were one sided today on holding calls for sure. that one on tim ruddy was absolutely rediculous. but anyways, it is a win. thats all i care about in the end. anyone can bitch all day and yes we need to improve some things. But we have three road game wins against very tough teams who supposedly knew exactly what we were doing. so if they knew what we were doing, then why didnt they stop it for four quarters? the thing is, none of then can.

Originally posted by dolfan87

It's also a bunch of bull**** because we didn't play the Cardinals on the road in 99.

I would of been there.

:rolleyes:

Yes, you're right...it was at home. I guess that makes it even worse, given that we barely beat them.

Here here CK. I thought I was overly critical at times but these guys are taking the cake. We've won 3 road games....beaten up on divisional rivals without 2 of our defensive stars and our defense looks amazing.

Now if our offensive line could step it up and our receivers could hold onto balls this team would be uber dangerous!

Rik, I never got a response from you. Or is that you don't acknowledge posts that you know you can't argue with? Just curious......

Originally posted by Bazinet37
Rik, I never got a response from you. Or is that you don't acknowledge posts that you know you can't argue with? Just curious......

Heh don't rub it in :tongue:

People will notice when someone entirely leaves a debate :)

No, it means we've lost to the Texans this season. Last season, we lost to the Bills twice, the Jets once, the Vikings, and the Patriots. The season before that, we lost to the Jets twice. In that same span, we've beaten the Raiders twice, beaten the Broncos, the Colts, and other good teams I can't remember right now. So don't give me that crap. We've ALWAYS played the good teams tough, and looked past the weak teams.

I said under JJ it turned around. Under Wanny it has started to go back the other way, just last season, although the Vikes, as it turns out, were not a bad team. And I didn't say "we never lose to bad teams" I said it's rare. And it has been, if you'd bother to check rather than running your mouth without engaging your brain.

My previous post was meant to show my disgust for your "holier than thou" attitude. I get tired of this "I'm never wrong" crap from you......

I couldn't care less what you think of me as my opinion of you is pretty damn low.

Originally posted by RikWriter

I couldn't care less what you think of me as my opinion of you is pretty damn low.

No, you said this......

"No, actually you're wrong. That was the case under Shula, but under JJ that totally changed. Under JJ, we beat the teams we should have beat and lost to the better teams. It's been very rare since 96 that we've been beaten by a less talented team."

You mentioned NOTHING about Wanny. In fact, you said since the JJ era, implying up until now, which is what you meant at the time, but decided to change it once you saw you were wrong......

I couldn't give a rat's a$$ about your opinion about me. Outside of school and practice, I have only an hour of time to be on this site a day, and I'm not going to waste it wondering about what some little kid thinks about me.......

Originally posted by SDFinFan
After 5 games, our defense has allowed no more than 1 TD in a game and 4 TDs overall. That's what you call a damn good defense. It seems like all our games are 23-10 or something close to that. But 4-1 is a good record considering most "Fin fans" were writing off the season after the week 1 loss.

Good to see a thread putting the credit where the credit is due.
This D has stepped up!

Yes it was the Jags.
Any time your offense takes a dump on the field though, against ANY team, it is real easy for the Defense to fold at some point in the game. This Dolphin team has had problems playing D on the road in past seasons.... let alone playing D in a game where your offense is dying to give the game away. In the past we've seen the Fins D fold in a game like this.

Not today. The D.... with a couple of backups playing no doubt stepped up big time. The Defense deserve's all the credit for this one and it looks like were going to have to win the bowl like the Ravens did if we do it.

Way to go Fins D!

I couldn't give a rat's a$$ about your opinion about me.

Then we do have something in common after all.

Outside of school and practice, I have only an hour of time to be on this site a day, and I'm not going to waste it wondering about what some little kid thinks about me.......

ROFL! You're so predictable.

Instead of resorting to childish remarks, why don't you try debating the topic at hand? Oh yeah, thats right, there is no arguement, so you can't......

LMAO, this is just as I expected. You don't have an argument, so you resort to childish remarks and personal attacks. Come back when you mature a little but and I'll be more than happy to debate this topic with you......

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Good to see a thread putting the credit where the credit is due.
This D has stepped up!

Yes it was the Jags.
Any time your offense takes a dump on the field though, against ANY team, it is real easy for the Defense to fold at some point in the game. This Dolphin team has had problems playing D on the road in past seasons.... let alone playing D in a game where your offense is dying to give the game away. In the past we've seen the Fins D fold in a game like this.

Not today. The D.... with a couple of backups playing no doubt stepped up big time. The Defense deserve's all the credit for this one and it looks like were going to have to win the bowl like the Ravens did if we do it.

Way to go Fins D!

Truth man, the D has been fricken unbelievable theese past 3 weeks... and as soon as the O-Line gets it's act together this team is gonna start rolling hard. :)

Back
Top Bottom