Best D in the League | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best D in the League

Game 1- 21 points
Game 2- 10 points
Game 3- 7 points(defensive score)
Game 4- 10 points
Game 5- 10 points

That's pretty damn amazing. Especially considering the fact that you've played Buffalo's O, the Giants' O, and a hot Leftwhich.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Oh I think it shows up on the stats.

1 sack
2 forced fumbles
1 fumble recovery
1 pass defense that led to an interception

2 sacks!!!

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

That's a buncha dog **** because Miami is notorious for beating the "good" teams and losing to the "bad teams.

No, actually you're wrong. That was the case under Shula, but under JJ that totally changed. Under JJ, we beat the teams we should have beat and lost to the better teams. It's been very rare since 96 that we've been beaten by a less talented team.

Originally posted by RikWriter

No, actually you're wrong. That was the case under Shula, but under JJ that totally changed. Under JJ, we beat the teams we should have beat and lost to the better teams. It's been very rare since 96 that we've been beaten by a less talented team.

:rolleyes:

I am more than happy to get the win.

Was it pretty? Nope.

Do we lose points in the standings because it wasn't a "great" win? Nope.

Miami is seriously playing down to the level of the team they are playing this year. I listen to WQAM on the net and even after the Bills win on Sunday night, people were still moaning. Everyone being happy about a win is never going to happen. Last year, our biggest road win was in Denver and it cost us the entire season (Fielder, Chambers and Gadsen injured) and this year we finally win in the Swamp, and, we win there twice.

I am offically rambling.

Nothing more to see here, drive through. :sleep:

Re: Re: Best D in the League

Originally posted by RikWriter

Why am I not doing that?
Because frankly the Jaguars suck. They aren't worth talking crap to. We should have dominated them and it's disturbing we didn't.
If this had been a game against the Patriots or the Titans, you bet your a$$ I would be crowing and singing Hosanas. But this was a game against a bad team and we barely beat them. It's depressing that we can't dominate bad teams. It makes me worried when we get to the really tough part of our schedule.

:cry: there goes the finfan cry baby:cry:

dont' mind him he's always crying:cry:lol:

No, it means we've lost to the Texans this season. Last season, we lost to the Bills twice, the Jets once, the Vikings, and the Patriots. The season before that, we lost to the Jets twice. In that same span, we've beaten the Raiders twice, beaten the Broncos, the Colts, and other good teams I can't remember right now. So don't give me that crap. We've ALWAYS played the good teams tough, and looked past the weak teams.

My previous post was meant to show my disgust for your "holier than thou" attitude. I get tired of this "I'm never wrong" crap from you......

We got basically two more "expected" wins coming up. Then it gets grueling.

Originally posted by rikwriter

I remember a game back in 99 where we beat the Cardinals on the road in a defensive game where our offense looked like crap. I was happy we won a game on the road. I learned my lesson later in the season. If you can't dominate the bad teams, you can't beat the good ones.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

That's a buncha dog **** because Miami is notorious for beating the "good" teams and losing to the "bad teams.

It's also a bunch of bull**** because we didn't play the Cardinals on the road in 99.

I would of been there.

:rolleyes:

Good post CK. Its like that line from White Men Can't Jump:-

"Rather look good and lose than look bad and win"

Heck, a few weeks ago this team had just lost to Houston and were facing two divisional foes at 0-1. Maybe its me, but this D has the look of a championship team. Offensively, with all the talent on this roster, it can only be a matter of time before things begin to click. Personally, I really like what I see. As long as we win games, who cares how it is done.

That's BS

Why am I not doing that?
Because frankly the Jaguars suck. They aren't worth talking crap to. We should have dominated them and it's disturbing we didn't.
If this had been a game against the Patriots or the Titans, you bet your a$$ I would be crowing and singing Hosanas. But this was a game against a bad team and we barely beat them. It's depressing that we can't dominate bad teams. It makes me worried when we get to the really tough part of our schedule.

Just because a team has not won alot of games does not mean, we should run up the score. You fail to realize that there's a reason we have most of our salary spent on defense and RW. We're a smashmouth football team. You'll rarely see us blow teams out, when we have ricky to grind out the hard yards. If anything our defense should be praised for their dominance, because we've invested our cap into that aspect of our team.

Unlike teams of old, you'll start to realize that if we have a lead going into the fourth quarter we are "GOING TO WIN" most of our games. Ricky always shows up in the fourth quarter and we ask the defense to hold the opponent in check. The only real aspect of our game to work on is less turnovers and less penalties.

For stress reasons, I dont necesarily like that games always seem to be close and we can't simply shut an opponent down defensively and blow them out offensively in the same game. Hopefully that will change.

I would bet that had we made one of those bombs. We would've went into play not to lose ball instead of play to win ball.

Just be gald we have this monster D and a sick running back who always shows up in the 4th quarter when it counts the most.

After 5 games, our defense has allowed no more than 1 TD in a game and 4 TDs overall. That's what you call a damn good defense. It seems like all our games are 23-10 or something close to that. But 4-1 is a good record considering most "Fin fans" were writing off the season after the week 1 loss.

Thanks CK for the stance of reason, when our O looked good last year against Minn, and NE. we lost. Our O has not jelled yet and it's obvious...hopefully they get better and with some OL getting healthy, they should..right now, they're not on track to include Jay. A slow start for the O, but I think they will get better and that's something I like, the fact they can improve and know they have to...They can't take any team for granted offensively and this should keep them on their toes..I'd rather our O than the Bills right now..since our game, the bills O has gone south, and I'm not sure why, they have as much talent as our O, but underachieving, but our O is playing good enough to win, with upside.

Back
Top Bottom