Best Dolphin Games | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Dolphin Games

I like the 2000-2001 game at NE week 17 when Mare kicked the game winning FG to win the AFC East. Both teams and the Patsy fans left the field/stadium, and then a reviewed showed there was still 1 second left on the clock (another item that proves the NFL loves the Pats). Teams had to redress and come back out for the kickoff to have the same outcome. Dolphins win the AFC EAST!!

Best game hands down, win or lose was the 82 chargers playoff game. Even as a loss, that was an incredible game on both sides of the field.. the hook and lateral was so awesome.. The KC overtime win on Christmas day (Longest game ever) was another incredible game.. then of course the 85 bears game on MNF.. we've had alot of big games and wins since then, but none of them were of the impact of those other games..

The Monday nite game against the 85 Bears, because it preserved the 72 Dolphins undefeated season as the ONLY undefeated season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dominizzo said:
I will never forget that game woow its gotta be a classic

That was the very first dolphin game I went to so it was even more awesome for me. That game was great. Also the Atlanta game a couple of years ago where Crystal Chandelier was hurt and vick ran all over us. But we won the game on a goal line stand at the very end. The second of that game actually.

I hate the Buffalo Bills damn near as much as I love the Dolphins. In my opinion, any time the Dolphins beat the ever-living hell out of the Buffalo Bills was my favorite game. Particulary anytime it was Marino and Kelly. If I could fight one man, it would be Jim Kelly. I really despise everything about Buffalo, their city, their fans and their franchise.

NLude33 said:
I like the 2000-2001 game at NE week 17 when Mare kicked the game winning FG to win the AFC East. Both teams and the Patsy fans left the field/stadium, and then a reviewed showed there was still 1 second left on the clock (another item that proves the NFL loves the Pats). Teams had to redress and come back out for the kickoff to have the same outcome. Dolphins win the AFC EAST!!

That was cool!! Players on the sideline in their street clothes, some wrapped around in towels. Didn't they show the refs going in the locker room and getting the players. Great tv

Dolfan99 said:
when mare kicked a field goal in the last few seconds of a monday night game to beat the broncos.... im thinking 2002?

It was a Sunday night game but yes it was a classic. Hope Mare can get back to that same level this year.

The 28-26 loss to Oakland in the '74 playoffs was a phenomenal game, and also easily the most devastating loss in team history. Famed NBC color analyst Al DeRogatis said after the game it was probably the best football game he had ever seen. The quality of those teams was markedly superior to the '81 Chargers playoff game. Plus we would have hosted Pittsburgh with a legit shot at 3 straight Super Bowl titles. The '81 game merely shipped the victor to dismissal at Cincinnati a week later.

* Christmas Day 1971
* Playoff victory at Pittsburgh 1972
* Monday Night victory over Bears 1985
* Monday Night Game victory vs. Pittsburgh 1973
* Monday Night Loss at Houston 1978

Still, the most important and therefore best win in Dolphin history was the '72 Super Bowl vs. Washington. The implications of that game cannot be overstated. Either immortality or virtual disgrace, losing the big one again after 16 straight wins which would have become meaningless. A loss would have branded Shula, mentioned alongside the '68 Super Bowl loss to the Jets when he coached Baltimore. One victory cleansed everything. Remarkable when we took such decisive control in the second quarter. Just too damn bad the scoreboard didn't reflect the dominance.

My two candidates are the 85 Bears game and the Fake Spike game not because they were the best games but because of the long term significance of the results.

After 20 yrs we are still talking about our unbeaten streak.

The Jets went into a funk after their loss to the fins after the Fake Spike game which they could not overcome until Bill Parcells got them out of the hole they were in.

The Christmas day victory over the Chiefs in '71 was the turning point of this franchise.

Its still recorded as the longest game in NFL history.

The Lamar Smith playoff game against the Colts. 40 carries for over 200 yards. The last TD was a thing of beauty. It looked like everything was happening in slow motion. Smith just cruised outside, and he was so patient (the fatigue setting in?) as his blocks developed, and then BAM he burst into the endzone. I could watch that play every day and I'd smile every time.

it would have to be the 85 bears or the 84 AFC game against the steelers---For pure satisfaction it would be the Jets game which we won 45-3 on MNF i think in 85 or 86 :tongue:

spang13 said:
IMO, of a great game being a great game it was the '81 playoff game against the Chargers when we lost in OT. Hate the outcome....but....best game I've ever seen!

Absolutely. THE best game ever played. It was the worst heartbreak I've ever felt after a loss. But wow, what a game it was.

What about the classic battle Between Dan Marino and Peyton Manning, in 99 I believe. That was a great game, 34-31 Miami won, It was a shootout, where Marino rallied Miami to an amazing comback. I remember him making huge pass on 4th down to help them win the game.

josephreese said:
The Lamar Smith playoff game against the Colts. 40 carries for over 200 yards. The last TD was a thing of beauty. It looked like everything was happening in slow motion. Smith just cruised outside, and he was so patient (the fatigue setting in?) as his blocks developed, and then BAM he burst into the endzone. I could watch that play every day and I'd smile every time.

IMO the only thing about that game I didn't like was Fiedler in the first half, he almost lost the game for the Dolphins single handedly... fortunately for the Fins Lamar Smith was unstoppable and Fiedler started playing better in the second half... but the Colts should have had that game won. I bet they beat themselves up on that one for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom