Best Dolphin Games | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Dolphin Games

i believe it was 93, the year of dan's achilles right?

I would have to say the Sunday Night Broncos vs. Phins game where Mare Kicked a 56 yarder with like 0:09 on the clock. The Jets game where the phins pounded the Jets 33-3 where Ricky had that 56 yard TD up the middle. There are so many of them but the one that has to stick out in my mind the most would be the fake spike.

ROCHESTERPHISH said:
how about a couple of losses i know losses suck but i remeber a few classic games we should have won like the 1977 monday nighter at houston delvin williams and earl campel went toe to toe the s.d. playoff game in 1984, the second or third game of the 1974 season against the raiders broke our winning streak at 18 or 19, 1976 regular season game against the rams james harris was qb i think it went to ot 34-28 awesome game, colts on monday night in 1977 bert jones and greise that was a wild one as well!!!!!!!!!!
great topic

Those are excellent additions. I mentioned the Monday Nighter at the Oilers earlier in this thread. I think it was '78.

That Ram game was sickening. We were dominating on the ground like the glory years, even though I guess our backfield was something like Bulaich and Nottingham in that game. But we couldn't threaten to stop James Harris. He put up Marino-type numbers from '84 in that game. After that loss we collapsed the remainder of the year.

Whenever someone on this board downplays the rivalry we had with the Colts I think of the '70s, very early in the decade and also the Bert Jones era. He was the biggest pain in the *** I can ever remember in an opposing uniform, beating us with big plays time after time. A long delivery but what an incredible arm! We finally beat them in the Monday Nighter that Leroy Harris broke one of the best runs in team history down the right sideline.

MiamiD3003 said:
I think that the best game was when we played @ the colts and dan marino was sacked and ended up injuring his arm in one way or another but he stayed in the game and through a 60 yd pass down the sideline to Oronde Gadsden to set up the game winning field goal.

That is also one of my favorites, it proves that Dan even in old age, was the man.

The 85 Bears game, the Colts Playoff Game, the 81 Chargers game, and Marino's first game back after the Achilles will always be rememebred, but because it was one of the first games i truly paid attention to as I was 10 years old.... this one:

Im glad one person posted this briefly... the 1990 Wildcard game against KC was incredible. Down 16-3 Marino threw 2 TDs to Tony Page and Mark Clayton on the Fins last 2 possesions to win 17-16. Ferrell Edmunds with a long catch down the middle... Sammy Smith, yes I said Sammy Smith running extremely hard, and Dave Sczott's holding penalty taking KC out of FG range as Nick Lowrys attempt fell just short as time expired. I still rememeber Al Michael's call vividly.... THAT was an awesome game.

Back
Top Bottom