Best Dolphin Games | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Dolphin Games

Roman529 said:
I think for me it was the first game that Dan Marino played after his achilles injury.....it was hard not getting misty eyed. There are so many of them...I also just loved when we beat the Patsies last year.....it was one of the few times I was happy last year. :D

yeah, that was a great game. 475yds, 5 TDs. Just after all the media declared Dan all washed up a few weeks earlier.

yankeehillbilly said:
yeah, that was a great game. 475yds, 5 TDs. Just after all the media declared Dan all washed up a few weeks earlier.

It was a beaut too.Danny has been in a lot of classic games.;)

Kenny_Stang said:
IMO the only thing about that game I didn't like was Fiedler in the first half, he almost lost the game for the Dolphins single handedly... fortunately for the Fins Lamar Smith was unstoppable and Fiedler started playing better in the second half... but the Colts should have had that game won. I bet they beat themselves up on that one for a long time.

A friend of mine is a Colts fan. Yes, he was just a teeny-bit upset. :blowup:

Namor said:
Beating the 85' Bears on Monday Night

right on, It was actually my first ever game. What a way to start off.

Kenny_Stang said:
Recent:
'02 Broncos game (Fiedler comeback w/ broken thumb)
'03 Thanksgiving game
'04 Pats MNF game

Old school:
'85 Bears MNF game
'93 Thanksgiving game (Ice, Leon Lett)
'94 Jets (fake spike game)

Those are some that come to mind...

I gotta go with you on your choices.....all great games.....

I go back a ways, but here are some that I'd rank.

1. SB VII - the win over Wash capped perfect season, team's first title.
2. SB VIII - Dolphins dominate Vikings for two straight
3. 1984 AFC Championship Game - Marino, offense score 48 vs. Steelers
4. 1981 AFC Championship Game - Dolphins shutout Jets (this was Shula's best coaching season IMO)
5. 1985 Monday Night Win over Chicago - stops Bears perfect streak
6. 1971 Christmas Day playoff win over KC, the longest game
7. 1972 AFC Championship Game - hard-fought win over Steelers (needed a fake punt by Seiple to help pull it out).
6. Playoff loss to San Diego - Fouts duels Strock, an all-time classic. The young up and coming Dolphins vs. the veteran Chargers.
7. Playoff loss to Raiders 28-26 - A heartbreaker as Miami was attempting to become the 1st team to win three straight. Team went a long way without Csonka, Kick and Warfield who went to the World Football League.

Off the top of my head, that's it. These wins really meant the most to the Dolphins IMO.

Best game I ever went to was 2001 in Buffalo, Jay Fiedler brought us back for a 34-27 win with 3 fourth quarter touchdown passes.....man that felt good walking out of that stadium....we had fans taunting us all freakin game:lol:

Lamar Smith Colts game is right up there for sure, as is the 1990 playoff game vs KC winning 17-16 when Nick Lowry missed a field goal at the last second (if I remember correctly)....my last home game before moving away:cry:

But best game ever (for me)........Trace Armstrong sacking doug flutie on last play....I can't remember ever being so happy (since i am not old enough to have remembered any superbowls)

SF Dolphin Fan said:
I go back a ways, but here are some that I'd rank.

1. SB VII - the win over Wash capped perfect season, team's first title.
2. SB VIII - Dolphins dominate Vikings for two straight
3. 1984 AFC Championship Game - Marino, offense score 48 vs. Steelers
4. 1981 AFC Championship Game - Dolphins shutout Jets (this was Shula's best coaching season IMO)
5. 1985 Monday Night Win over Chicago - stops Bears perfect streak
6. 1971 Christmas Day playoff win over KC, the longest game
7. 1972 AFC Championship Game - hard-fought win over Steelers (needed a fake punt by Seiple to help pull it out).
6. Playoff loss to San Diego - Fouts duels Strock, an all-time classic. The young up and coming Dolphins vs. the veteran Chargers.
7. Playoff loss to Raiders 28-26 - A heartbreaker as Miami was attempting to become the 1st team to win three straight. Team went a long way without Csonka, Kick and Warfield who went to the World Football League.

Off the top of my head, that's it. These wins really meant the most to the Dolphins IMO.

I like your list. Mine earlier in this thread included many of the same games. I should have included the 14-0 shutout over the Jets in '82 (not '81), as you did.

I'm amazed the victory over the Redskins in the Super Bowl receives so little mention. I guess younger fans take it for granted we were destined to finish off the Perfect Season, but that was anything but the case. I wasn't exactly overwhelmingly confident going into that game. The franchise would be viewed entirely differently minus that victory.

A few posts above, someone listed games in '93 and '94 as old school. That busted me up. Man, I must be getting old.

I think that the best game was when we played @ the colts and dan marino was sacked and ended up injuring his arm in one way or another but he stayed in the game and through a 60 yd pass down the sideline to Oronde Gadsden to set up the game winning field goal.

The best game that I attended was the game that Brian Cox flipped off all of Buffalo,Every Bills fan got the middle finger salute AWSOME the crowd went nuts ..Also saw history in the making Dan the Man RAN yes I said RAN a touchdown into our endzone. That game was the best ever ..and we kicked their A$$..I have been to alot of Miami vs Bills games but that one was the best.:lol:

some of my earliest memories were the playoff comeback win in 90 against the chiefs 17-16 with clayton catching the winning td, another great catch by clayton in overtime vs chicago to set up the gw field goal in a 16-13 win, and the playoff loss to buffalo in buffalo in 90, 44-33. i just loved that game cuz it was played in a snow storm, i was so young it stuck in my mind because of that and how marino played

those are just games that stuck out for me. most of the other great moments have been covered already by you guys

Yea, my two favorite games were the Colts losing against Lamar and last seasons Pats game, that was the happiest ive been in a long time. My dumb friend wore a Brady jersey, he didnt even watch the game he assumed he would win.A$$HOLE!

One of my favorites was Sept. 4 ,1994. Marino's first game back sfter the achilles injury. He had over 400 yards passing and I think 5 TD's. I remember going into that season everyone was saying he was done.
Does anyone remember Bryan Cox going off after that game and lambasting the writers who said Marino was finished? I wish I could find that clip.

how about a couple of losses i know losses suck but i remeber a few classic games we should have won like the 1977 monday nighter at houston delvin williams and earl campel went toe to toe the s.d. playoff game in 1984, the second or third game of the 1974 season against the raiders broke our winning streak at 18 or 19, 1976 regular season game against the rams james harris was qb i think it went to ot 34-28 awesome game, colts on monday night in 1977 bert jones and greise that was a wild one as well!!!!!!!!!!
great topic

My favorite phins game was the thanksgiving day game against dallas..(the one that ended with the field goal, it was snowing i think??) if someone can help me remember the year id appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom