Best Free Agent Signing Ever | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Free Agent Signing Ever

Keith Jackson immediately came to mind. I remember us signing him and everyone saying it would take a few weeks until he was ready to make an impact. I think he caught two TDs vs. the Bills in his very first game.

Would Jim Langer count?

Jim Langer, Bob Kuechenberg & Manny Fernandez are the 3 greatest ever...but if you limit it 90’s on....Cam Wake, Keith Jackson, Ndamukong Suh & Karlos Dansby come to mind.

So now that things have slowed down, I would like to post a question:
Since the advent of free agency in the early 90's, who do you believe to be our best free agent signing?
(Not undrafted, or CFL guy like Wake- but an NFL vet we got in free agency at the beginning of the NFL calendar year) Best in the sense that we got a lot of years out of the player at a high level, at a reasonable price, good value, and was a team guy.
The name that keeps coming to mind for me is Brock Marion. Consistent starter, made plays, returned kicks, veteran leader, never a problem while he was here- and I think he lasted 6 seasons or so.
Anyone else come to mind that comes close?

Ricky Williams. For the years he was here, he gave me a reason to watch this team. He was a beast and a weed smoking fornicator. Weaknesses like that, I can understand...

I think we gave up a 1st round pick for Don Shula.
Does that count?

Ricky Williams. For the years he was here, he gave me a reason to watch this team. He was a beast and a weed smoking fornicator. Weaknesses like that, I can understand...

I believe he was a trade too.

I still have my Steve Emtman jersey.

Jason Taylor from the New York Jets!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, to name a name that nobody has said yet and far from the best FA ever... Sammy Knight anybody? May have only been two years but he really did help the secondary

Jason Taylor from the New York Jets!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, to name a name that nobody has said yet and far from the best FA ever... Sammy Knight anybody? May have only been two years but he really did help the secondary

I was a fan of Knight. He was basically a glorified LB whose best days - especially in coverage - were spent in NO but he brought a much needed toughness to the defense at the time. Good gawd he was slow though. He was a pass catcher's dream if the play got behind him -- much like the guy who took his place later in Bell.

Fryar and Armstrong were trades.
Oronde wasn't such a FA signing like I was thinking, in that he fulfilled his time with another team and then was signed in free agency. He was more of a street free agent I believe.
Parmalee also a street free agent. Delvin Williams might have been a trade with San Fran- plus he was prior to the advent of free agency in 1992. He was 1978 or so.
Delvin was obtained in a trade w SF for Freddie Solomon

Back
Top Bottom