Best Free Agent Signing Ever | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Free Agent Signing Ever

Delvin Williams; Bernie Parmalee; Trace Armstrong; Oronde Gadsden; Brett Grimes; Junior Seau; Vonnie Holliday; Chad Pennington (while it lasted); Randy Starks
All of these plus the ones named earlier like Brock Marion, Keith Jackson. And the people finfan41 and FSU Truth pointed out in their excellent posts:

"Kuechenburg, Fernandez, Morrell, Langer"

While I'd have to say those 4 old school guys were definitely the top ones, all but Morral being arguably Hall of Fame consideration caliber with long careers as Dolphins (Bob Keuchenberg nominated HoF numerous times, Manny Fernandez deserved MVP of 1972 Undefeated Season Super Bowl and one of the top NT's ever, Earl Morral backup QB not a HoF or Pro-Bowl guy but helped us win most of the games in the Undefeated Season as our backup QB, and Jim Langer, inducted in the HoF). But fantastic careers of Brock Marion for a few years and Keith Jackson shortly, rank up there as well, along with Brett Grimes short tenure here and Randy Starks longer but not quite as dominant time.

But I'd like to add one more name ... sorry if I'm ripping the Band-Aid off too early from the fresh wound, but, Ndamakong Suh.

I'm sure we're missing a few more, I just cannot think of them.

Thanks to everyone who noted the excellent additions of guys who do not qualify for this thread because they were not technically FA's like Cam Wake, Irving Fryar, etc.

Last edited:
This thread I think demonstrates the importance of building through the draft for our team. We do not seem to hit on free agents, while better teams like the Patriots get the most out of all their free agent acquisitions.
Well said illscriptures!

We're really going back a long time to form a list of less than a dozen or so truly dominant FA signings. The Draft is such a better place to find talent.

Lamar Smith should also be on the list. He was the responsible for our last playoff win.

Pennington has got to be up there for 2008.
Sorry man, just not a fan of Pennington basically because he was a Jet. He's no dolphin to me, although I know what he did for us.
It was best ever in the OP not "for 2008". I just hate seeing "Pennington, best Miami (anything)".

Back
Top Bottom