Best QB class | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best QB class

sorry but the 83 class had 3 HOF QB's and Eason went to a SB.....O'Brien was pretty good too......the 2020 has a long way to go before they can be in that conversation .....we need to keep in mind that the NFL has made everything they can to make it a QB friendly game now. When Marino,Elway and Kelly did it things were not as easy for QB's to put up high numbers.

sorry but the 83 class had 3 HOF QB's and Eason went to a SB.....O'Brien was pretty good too......the 2020 has a long way to go before they can be in that conversation .....we need to keep in mind that the NFL has made everything they can to make it a QB friendly game now. When Marino,Elway and Kelly did it things were not as easy for QB's to put up high numbers.
Yeah this one might be the greatest ever. 5 of the 6 QBs taken in round one were excellent w the only bust being Blackledge. 4 of the 6 played in SuperBowls. The class w Eli, Big Ben and Rivers is another good one. 2020 is shaping up to be the best in some time

As an aside, if you have a VPN and set it to a European location, the ESPN+ NFL articles are free, regular articles as opposed to requiring a subscription.

Great tip. Good looking out

Last edited:
Not sure how Chad Pennington and some guy named Tom Brady don’t find their way on that top 10 list.

So sort of off topic, whenever I see Marino’s name I just hear the sizzle from the velocity in which he threw.

Sssssssss…..POP!

I will contest this until I die but there will never be a total QB package like him again.

Eyes, footwork, arm strength, release, mastery of an offense, accuracy (60% career completion percentage in an era where you could smack QBs and play physical with WRs) , anticipation and guts all top 2/3 for the position ever and I do not say that lightly.

So sort of off topic, whenever I see Marino’s name I just hear the sizzle from the velocity in which he threw.

Sssssssss…..POP!

I will contest this until I die but there will never be a total QB package like him again.

Eyes, footwork, arm strength, release, mastery of an offense, accuracy (60% career completion percentage in an era where you could smack QBs and play physical with WRs) , anticipation and guts all top 2/3 for the position ever and I do not say that lightly.
Amen brother. I witness the marino era as well. A thing of beauty.

2020 may be when it’s all said and done. Herbert/burrow/Tua/Hurts who knows what love can do as well. Justin Jefferson looks like this generations elite wideout and Jonathan Taylor may be that as well for the running back position.

Back
Top Bottom