Best QB class | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best QB class

No you cant, you will never be able to compare any future QB's to the 1983 draft class because of the rule changes and the fact passing is soooooo much easier. If Brady and Rogers played in the 80's and 90's, they would be dead by now.
I guess you could compare them, but the game is to different to pick who is better. Can you imagine what Marino and the Marks brothers could do with these rules?

1) 1983 - Elway/Kelly/Marino
2) 2004 - Manning/Rivers/Roethlisberger

Think the 2020 class has the potential to be as good as 2004. Going to be hard for them to reach 10 combined SB appearances like 1984.

Think the 2020 class has the potential to be as good as 2004. Going to be hard for them to reach 10 combined SB appearances like 1984.
I mean 2004 class has 4 super bowl appearances and titles too. So yeah, quite a ways to go, but potential there. Burrow already has a super bowl appearance, maybe tua will hopefully follow sooner than later

The 2020 QB class has a long ways to go before they can be mentioned with the 1983 class. Talking like this after just 2+ years is ridiculous. Let's give them 10-12 years until we start to consider anointing them as the best QB class ever.
Agreed. The class of ‘83 guys started in 11 superbowls across 4 of the 6 QBs. 3 HOFers

11 SB appearances. Elway 5, Kelly 4, Marino 1 Eason 1 = 11. And O’Brien was damn good too.

No you cant, you will never be able to compare any future QB's to the 1983 draft class because of the rule changes and the fact passing is soooooo much easier. If Brady and Rogers played in the 80's and 90's, they would be dead by now.

I wouldn't rank the 1983 that much higher than the 2004 class just based on that alone. Big Ben and Eli had some of the greatest super bowl winning drives/moments of all time and again have more hardware than the 1983 class.

11 SB appearances. Elway 5, Kelly 4, Marino 1 Eason 1 = 11. And O’Brien was damn good too.

but only two superbowls wins. Eli and Big Ben have two each and those wins were nothing short of legendary super bowl moments, that legacy lives on way more as time goes on.

I wouldn't rank the 1983 that much higher than the 2004 class just based on that alone. Big Ben and Eli had some of the greatest super bowl winning drives/moments of all time and again have more hardware than the 1983 class.
Eli was not that good. He was essentially Matt Stafford.

Eli was not that good. He was essentially Matt Stafford.

Eli Manning had some of the greatest post season runs by a QB, and like I said his super bowls and the plays he made were legendary. David vs Goliath. Thats what people remember. I remember Jim Kelly being a QB who couldnt win a super bowl with 4 hall of famers on his team.

but only two superbowls wins. Eli and Big Ben have two each and those wins were nothing short of legendary super bowl moments, that legacy lives on way more as time goes on.
Fair enough especially about Eli’s heroics in 2007. That said I don’t think many people would put Eli ahead of Kelly, Elway or Marino as a better QB for his career.

Eli Manning had some of the greatest post season runs by a QB, and like I said his super bowls and the plays he made were legendary. David vs Goliath. Thats what people remember. I remember Jim Kelly being a QB who couldnt win a super bowl with 4 hall of famers on his team.
So did Joe Flacco. Who cares about a post season run?

It was a fluke, shown by the rest of his career.

Fair enough especially about Eli’s heroics in 2007. That said I don’t think many people would put Eli ahead of Kelly, Elway or Marino as a better QB for his career.

maybe not but what will we remember about these guys? Heroes get remembered but legends never die.

So did Joe Flacco. Who cares about a post season run?

It was a fluke, shown by the rest of his career.

Fluke? you know Eli did it twice right? 2-0 against the almighty goat Brady right? 18-0 patriots vs a wildcard team led by Eli himself.

Stats are great but like I said what people remember is more important. And Eli's super bowls were unforgettable as was Big Ben super bowl win against the Cards. Stuff of legends.

As a Dolphins fan I would take Manning's career over Marino's in a heart beat.

Fluke? you know Eli did it twice right? 2-0 against the almighty goat Brady right? 18-0 patriots vs a wildcard team led by Eli himself.

Stats are great but like I said what people remember is more important. And Eli's super bowls were unforgettable as was Big Ben super bowl win against the Cards. Stuff of legends.

As a Dolphins fan I would take Manning's career over Marino's in a heart beat.
That's because you're insane.

Give me the guy who opponents have to game plan against or they instantly lose every single game. The rest of the stuff is based on surrounding players, coaching, and luck.

Eli was Robert Horry. His QB rating for his career was 84.1. He lead the NFL in interceptions 3 times and has a 117-117 record.

Get out of here.

2020 may have a say…later on.

Possible, but considering 3 HOFers, along with two other pretty darn good QBs came out of that Draft (11 SB appearances from that class)...2020 has it's work cut out for them.

Back
Top Bottom