Best RB in the AFCE | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best RB in the AFCE

B-LO said:
Willis McGahee is currently the league's leading rusher.

He is averaging a yard more per carry than Brown.

Ronnie Brown has TWO 100-yard games in his entire career.

The Bills offense is currently much better than Miami's.

Just some things to consider.

I can't wait till this weekend when Brown has one of his patented 13 carry, 58 yard games and the debate will still rage on because you guys are so excited to have a good running back for once in team history that you'll defend him to the death.

How many points does your team get for rushing for 100 yards? ZERO

How many points has McGahee scored this season? ZERO

When it was 3rd and goal from the 1, who did they Bills give the ball to? LOSMAN.

Career YPC average:

McGahee - 4.0
Brown - 4.2

Career Catches per game:

McGahee - 1.4
Brown - 2.4

1) McGahee
2) Brown
3) Maroney
4) A. Thomas
5) Dillon
6) whoever the jets decide to start next week.

ch19079 said:
1) McGahee
2) Brown
3) Maroney
4) A. Thomas
5) Dillon
6) whoever the jets decide to start next week.

What, Faulk isn't #6?

And it's a coin flip between 1/2 IMO.

running backs RUN ball 25+ times per game, and willis is the best runner so ill take willis over brown anyday, and to see him cought for a loss of 2 and stiff arm two guys to the ground and make it a 6 yard gain was pretty sick

B-LO said:
I'll take the league's current leading rusher. Brown simply isn't the force that McGahee is and doesn't dictate the pace of games like McGahee does. It's as simple as that.

Seriously, no one cares that Brown had two TDs in a game where he carried the ball 15 times for 30 yards and the Dolphins still lost by double digits.

McGahee might not have scored, but against Miami he was extremely instrumental in keeping your offense off the field and taking the pressure of Losman. That is something I've yet to see Ronnie Brown do -- control the flow of the game.

He got the carries vs the Titans, but getting a combined 30 the previous two games does not really give him an opportunity to carry the load. Willis has better numbers right now but we're going by 3 games which is hardly enough to make a good judgement. Willis has looked much better since dropping weight he was an average running back after declaring himself the best back in the league before the Chargers game.

Squish_The_Fish said:
Anyone observe McGahee's excellent blocking yesterday?

Typical McGahee. He seems to need to be called out by his coaches once or twice per year.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Typical McGahee. He seems to need to be called out by his coaches once or twice per year.

Nobody called him out... Its called, "coaching".....say it with me "coaching"

Not that you guys know what that means down in miami with that joke of a staff....... Saban could wear his little sun hat and yell and talk about mouse **** again.....Mularkey would have had Willis throwing passes.....

Willis himself said he had to get better and more consistant and he went out and did it...accountability.....probably another word the Miami guys don't know about.....

Whitner20 said:
Nobody called him out... Its called, "coaching".....say it with me "coaching"

Not that you guys know what that means down in miami with that joke of a staff....... Saban could wear his little sun hat and yell and talk about mouse **** again.....Mularkey would have had Willis throwing passes.....

Willis himself said he had to get better and more consistant and he went out and did it...accountability.....probably another word the Miami guys don't know about.....

Right. Last week he is lazy in his attempts. His head coach calls him out in the press conference. This week he is hitting the blitzers with authority. Coincidence? No. Tell me you didn't hear Jauron do that. Please.......

McGahee is that kind of player. He needs to be motivated externally. It happened when he felt snubbed by Travis Henry getting the starting spot in his second season. It happened when Mularkey called him out for tentative running several times last season. And it happened again this week. He'll get comfortable in a few games and the coaches will ding him again.

It's not a knock. Its just how McGahee is.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Right. Last week he is lazy in his attempts. His head coach calls him out in the press conference. This week he is hitting the blitzers with authority. Coincidence? No. Tell me you didn't hear Jauron do that. Please.......

McGahee is that kind of player. He needs to be motivated externally. It happened when he felt snubbed by Travis Henry getting the starting spot in his second season. It happened when Mularkey called him out for tentative running several times last season. And it happened again this week. He'll get comfortable in a few games and the coaches will ding him again.

It's not a knock. Its just how McGahee is.

What? Mularkey didn't do anything but tell McGahee to put on weight and try to make him something he's not..... Willis quit last year because Mularkey was ruinging his career much like he's ruining Ronnie Browns......

When did Jauron Say "Willis McGahee needs to block better"....link it up for me....Cause I heard Willis say i missed a block, I need to get better" in so many words in his presser after the Jets game......and this was after he ran for 150...... he brought it up himself.....thats called being self motivated....

Whitner20 said:
What? Mularkey didn't do anything but tell McGahee to put on weight and try to make him something he's not..... Willis quit last year because Mularkey was ruinging his career much like he's ruining Ronnie Browns......

When did Jauron Say "Willis McGahee needs to block better"....link it up for me....Cause I heard Willis say i missed a block, I need to get better" in so many words in his presser after the Jets game......and this was after he ran for 150...... he brought it up himself.....thats called being self motivated....

From 2004:

"Travis is the starting running back," Mularkey said. "If he needs a blow, Willis is there in the wings and, hopefully, there's not a dropoff in level of play."

Mularkey also noted McGahee has been tentative at times, something expected from someone who's been out for such a long period.

From last season:

Less dancing, more running.

That's the challenge Buffalo Bills coach Mike Mularkey issued Willis McGahee this week, prodding his running back to be more decisive.

Mularkey was confident the message was received from the straight-ahead pop he saw in McGahee's runs during practice Wednesday.

"Sometimes those negative things that happen in games may be a positive in the long run," Mularkey said. "It obviously was a positive in practice, the way he was hitting the hole. ... It was a noticeable difference."

From last week:

"The second fumble (the blitz) was picked up and he expected it to be picked up and that guy just beat one of our blockers," said Jauron.

This week McGahee was attacking blitzers. Coaching? No. Motivation. McGahee has a huge ego and he needs to be kicked every season.

Who do you think Jauron was talking about?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
From 2004:

From last season:

From last week:

This week McGahee was attacking blitzers. Coaching? No. Motivation. McGahee has a huge ego and he needs to be kicked every season.

Who do you think Jauron was talking about?

You criticising McGahee for listening to his coaches?

McGahee wasnt the only RB to miss a block, In fact our FB missed a block in the NE which lead to a sack.

How does a player have a huge ego but change what he is doing because his head coach says so?

Back
Top Bottom