Best/worst Benefit/robbed? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best/worst Benefit/robbed?

DolfanBob72

Active Roster
Reaction score
In light of the non pass interference call against the Rams yesterday, do any of you remember any such occurrences in Fin's games that helped/hurt Miami?

Yeah the Big Ben fumble was bad as IAK clearly recovered the fumble as it bounced right to him. I think that play led to a rule change.

Other than that? I cant really think of many. I mean I thin in we can make a good case that the refs did a poor job of protecting Tannehill with late and low hits but nothing specifically that cost us

Steeelers one as mentioned

But against the pats back a few years ago, i recall jimmy Wilson jumping in front of Gronkowski (never touching him) and intercepting a pass. Flagged for pass interference

Steeelers one as mentioned

But against the pats back a few years ago, i recall jimmy Wilson jumping in front of Gronkowski (never touching him) and intercepting a pass. Flagged for pass interference

That actually reminding me of another Pat's one ironically. We sacked Brady and he fumbled and a bunch of players drove for the ball and it got hit backwards. Would have been either 3rd and forever or 4th down but the refs called OV for batting the ball and Pat's got an automatic 1st

That actually reminding me of another Pat's one ironically. We sacked Brady and he fumbled and a bunch of players drove for the ball and it got hit backwards. Would have been either 3rd and forever or 4th down but the refs called OV for batting the ball and Pat's got an automatic 1st
that was the worst call since the tuck rule

RE: The Saints/Rams no-call, the sideline official was looking right at it. Not only was that textbook pass interference, but also looked to me like an obvious personal foul. I usually believe that officials are simply incompetent or just can't make the calls in real time, but in this particular case, it looked like the guy just didn't want to see it.

The NFL needs to take a page from the CFL's playbook and make penalties reviewable in at least some circumstances. There's really no excuse for this. College football absolutely gets it right by making every targeting call subject to video review.

I feel the same way about the NHL. Occasionally, in a hockey game, a major penalty is committed that is blatantly obvious on replay and results in a hefty fine + suspension for the player who committed it. Yet the referees will not look up at the arena video screen and see that a player took three or more strides and launched himself off his skates to commit a major boarding penalty. Seen this happen at least twice already this month. The whole 'integrity of the game and officiating' excuse is a total sham when there's no integrity to begin with.

If immediate video evidence exists to show that a penalty was called incorrectly, not called on a blatant foul, or under-called, then it should be used to immediately change the call on the field. This should be completely self-evident, but apparently it is not.

On-Topic, some of the egregious calls/no-calls I can remember from recent history:

The aforementioned Gene Steratore screw job vs Pittsburgh.

Jamar Fletcher pass interference vs the Patriots in 2002. That was the difference in the team missing the playoffs and it was a really horrible call.

Jimmy Wilson 'pass interference' on Gronkowski vs the Patriots in 2013. The one time since 2008 Miami has actually looked like it was going to win in Foxboro. Dolphins were up by two scores and Wilson jumped in front of the football. It bounced off of his chest and fell incomplete, but this was somehow ruled pass interference, even though he was playing the ball and didn't even contact Gronk. Probably the single most absurd call I have ever seen in my life.

In the same game, Olivier Vernon's penalty for batting the ball. Again, the one game since 2008 that Miami almost won up there, that happened.

RE: The Saints/Rams no-call, the sideline official was looking right at it. Not only was that textbook pass interference, but also looked to me like an obvious personal foul. I usually believe that officials are simply incompetent or just can't make the calls in real time, but in this particular case, it looked like the guy just didn't want to see it.

The NFL needs to take a page from the CFL's playbook and make penalties reviewable in at least some circumstances. There's really no excuse for this. College football absolutely gets it right by making every targeting call subject to video review.

I feel the same way about the NHL. Occasionally, in a hockey game, a major penalty is committed that is blatantly obvious on replay and results in a hefty fine + suspension for the player who committed it. Yet the referees will not look up at the arena video screen and see that a player took three or more strides and launched himself off his skates to commit a major boarding penalty. Seen this happen at least twice already this month. The whole 'integrity of the game and officiating' excuse is a total sham when there's no integrity to begin with.

If immediate video evidence exists to show that a penalty was called incorrectly, not called on a blatant foul, or under-called, then it should be used to immediately change the call on the field. This should be completely self-evident, but apparently it is not.

On-Topic, some of the egregious calls/no-calls I can remember from recent history:

The aforementioned Gene Steratore screw job vs Pittsburgh.

Jamar Fletcher pass interference vs the Patriots in 2002. That was the difference in the team missing the playoffs and it was a really horrible call.

Jimmy Wilson 'pass interference' on Gronkowski vs the Patriots in 2013. The one time since 2008 Miami has actually looked like it was going to win in Foxboro. Dolphins were up by two scores and Wilson jumped in front of the football. It bounced off of his chest and fell incomplete, but this was somehow ruled pass interference, even though he was playing the ball and didn't even contact Gronk. Probably the single most absurd call I have ever seen in my life.

In the same game, Olivier Vernon's penalty for batting the ball. Again, the one game since 2008 that Miami almost won up there, that happened.
Didnt realize they both happened in the same game... Pats certainly got alot of help to maintain that dynasty over the years...

The problem with blown calls like last night in Saints/Rams game is the official will not be fired. Free to suck as his job some more next season.

Didnt realize they both happened in the same game... Pats certainly got alot of help to maintain that dynasty over the years...

That game should be expunged from the NFL record books. Those calls were game-changing, too.

Anyway, I'm extremely glad that horrible officiating changed the result of the NFC Championship game. Even though I love Drew Brees and I think the Saints would have been a more interesting Super Bowl team, maybe this will finally cause enough fan outrage for the NFL to do something. Or at least for the NFL to pretend that it's doing something.

Forget the player but it was a Monday night against the Jets and we smashed one of their receivers and got called for HITTING A DEFENSELESS PLAYER. Mind you this was circa 2002. The first time I ever heard that called in a game. I think it was Brian Walker that made the hit. It was the same game the TERMINATOR predicted the Jets were going to win even though we were up big.

Back
Top Bottom