Better Pro WR

Better Pro WR

• Chad Jackson

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Calvin Johnson

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
Marino2Clayton said:
For Calvin Johnson only to be winning this poll by 2 votes is an embarrassment to Finheaven.
luckily it's up to 6 now. although it SHOULD be 36-0.

I just cannot believe the Chad Jackson has more than 5 votes, and I would expect those to be homer votes.

Calvin Johnson is THE next receiver of the NFL, he looks and plays like a man among boys every single game with the way he blocks, runs routes, finds holes and goes up to get the contested ball like no other in college football (comparable to Randy Moss in that aspect).

I cannot believe how much hype gets to people and that people cannot take a step back and look at this with an unbiased view or a view that is not blinded by hype and a 4.3 40 time.

sports24/7 said:
I'm not saying Jackson won't be a good WR, because he certainly has everything you look for in a WR, but Calvin Johnson is a once in a lifetime type WR. The only thing that scares me is that Jackson is coming from UF where we have seen some big dissapointments in 1st round guys like Reche Caldwell, Travis Taylor, and Taylor Jacobs. Those guys all came out of a very unorthodox Fun and Gun system that isn't that far off of Urban Meyer's spread offense that Jackson played in last year. Jackson has the talent to break the mold though and I wouldn't be upset if he were our pick at 16 even though Denver could snatch him up now that they jumped ahead of us.

All of what you said makes no real sense. Urban Meyer system same as the Fun and Gun? Your crazy and he was recrutied by Ron Zook and played great in a Pro Style offense. Chad Jackson is not like any WR ever at the Universty of Florida.

Like I said before I voted for Chad Jackson because yes he was a Gator. However I am not saying he will be better than Chad Jackson either. Anything can happen in the NFL and it wouold not shock me at all that Calvin Johnson was a bust. I know he has all the tools and everything else, But we will just have to wait and see what they do. It does not matter what you do in College and what kind of tools you have its how you use them and the best example of that is Jerry Rice Miss. Valley State! Also Chad Jackson goes up v.s. a great corner almost every week in the SEC, So if you were IMPLYING that Calvin Johnson goes up againist better talent I think your crazy.

Skeet84 said:
Anything can happen in the NFL and it wouold not shock me at all that Calvin Johnson was a bust.
that would actually be EXTREMELY shocking. i don't think you've watched him play.

Calvin Johnson reminds me of Randy Moss without the attitude

Skeet84 said:
All of what you said makes no real sense. Urban Meyer system same as the Fun and Gun? Your crazy and he was recrutied by Ron Zook and played great in a Pro Style offense. Chad Jackson is not like any WR ever at the Universty of Florida.
Urban Meyer's spread offense is not that much different than Spurrier's Fun and Gun. I'm not crazy and Pro Football Weekly's draft magazine says the exact same thing. I'm not saying Jackson won't be a good WR, but it makes me a little weary that he is coming from UF.

sports24/7 said:
Urban Meyer's spread offense is not that much different than Spurrier's Fun and Gun. I'm not crazy and Pro Football Weekly's draft magazine says the exact same thing. I'm not saying Jackson won't be a good WR, but it makes me a little weary that he is coming from UF.

Well as a person who whatches every Florida game I am telling you they are no where near the same and just because a magazine says so does not means its true!

Juan Cribbs said:
that would actually be EXTREMELY shocking. i don't think you've watched him play.

I have whatched him play I just don't think that anyone is a Lock to be great. Calvin Johnson has alot more upside than Chad Jackson and I am not saying he won't be better and I am not saying he is not a great college WR. I am just saying its a hard transition.

what are you talking about?? you're going in circles or something...i'm not sure what you're saying actually. you've watched him play but said he has bad games, which isn't true. you said you'll take jackson over him just because he gets no respect?

Skeet84 said:
Well as a person who whatches every Florida game I am telling you they are no where near the same and just because a magazine says so does not means its true!
Its true in that both are very different than most NFL offenses. And the writers of Pro Football weekly get payed alot of money to know what they are talking about. Either way coming from UF makes me worry a little bit about the guy. Like I said, he has everything you look for in a WR and could be good, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a Gator and Gator WR's have been major dissapointments in the NFL.

Canadi-Phin said:
Next year's class of receivers if they all come out is unreal. Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith, and Terry Ginn Jr. Nice year to get a receiver.

Don't forget Tyrone Prothro will probably come out then too.

Calvin Johnson is a BEAST I could see him being a combination of a Randy Moss (size / strength wise) and a Jerry Rice (route running rise) this guy is AMAZING in a VERY mediocore / bad offense.

Juan Cribbs said:
what are you talking about?? you're going in circles or something...i'm not sure what you're saying actually. you've watched him play but said he has bad games, which isn't true. you said you'll take jackson over him just because he gets no respect?

Yeah He is very up and down and has great games and bad games and you can't blame the QB everytime he has a bad game. I did say I would take Jackson over him because of the respect I just am sticking with Jackson cause well he is a Gator and I wanted there to be at least someone to disagree. I did not actually think Jackson would even get 5 votes. However Jackson has almost every chance to be just as good as Johnson in the NFL

sports24/7 said:
Its true in that both are very different than most NFL offenses. And the writers of Pro Football weekly get payed alot of money to know what they are talking about. Either way coming from UF makes me worry a little bit about the guy. Like I said, he has everything you look for in a WR and could be good, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a Gator and Gator WR's have been major dissapointments in the NFL.

They are both very different from Pro Offenses yes, But they are still no where near the same. Jackson is much more fitted for a Pro Style Offense and just becaus ePFW said it does not mean its true!

Skeet84 said:
They are both very different from Pro Offenses yes, But they are still no where near the same. Jackson is much more fitted for a Pro Style Offense and just becaus ePFW said it does not mean its true!
The fact that they are both very different from Pro Offenses was the main point. He will have to make an adjustment. And yes, Jackson's measurables sure seem to point to him being able to be a good WR in a Pro Style offense, but so did Travis Taylor, Taylor Jacobs, and Reche Caldwell.

Back
Top Bottom