Better Pro WR

Better Pro WR

• Chad Jackson

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Calvin Johnson

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
Skeet84 said:
Yeah He is very up and down and has great games and bad games and you can't blame the QB everytime he has a bad game.
he DIDN'T have bad games. he caught everything every game, he beat the corners many times, even when double-teamed. he had games that weren't jaw-dropping good, but to say he had a bad game is flatout wrong. and you CAN blame reggie ball when he doesn't put up big numbers.

sports24/7 said:
The fact that they are both very different from Pro Offenses was the main point. He will have to make an adjustment. And yes, Jackson's measurables sure seem to point to him being able to be a good WR in a Pro Style offense, but so did Travis Taylor, Taylor Jacobs, and Reche Caldwell.

Well than I misuderstood you or you wrote something, But either way we got it straight that they are not alike and both not pro style offences. :wink: Well just because those guys failed does not mean that Chad Jackson will too. Chad Jackson played under a Pro Style offense under Ron Zook and did really well.

Juan Cribbs said:
he DIDN'T have bad games. he caught everything every game, he beat the corners many times, even when double-teamed. he had games that weren't jaw-dropping good, but to say he had a bad game is flatout wrong. and you CAN blame reggie ball when he doesn't put up big numbers.

Ok Now everytime a Good WR does not have a Great game I will just blame the QB cause its never the WR's fault. :wink: Sure!

Skeet84 said:
Ok Now everytime a Good WR does not have a Great game I will just blame the QB cause its never the WR's fault. :wink: Sure!

In Calvin Johnson's case it is mostly true. He is a great receiver first of all. And second of all if anyone is going to beat him it's going to be triple teams or his own QB's. That is why he is such a great receiver, he can take the double team, open up the running game and the middle and other side of the field, block downfield and then he can still go up and get it if he is double teamed.

Chad Jackson is a good receiver but he is not in Johnson's league, unless he goes up a few levels in the NFL.

Dolfan2788 said:
In Calvin Johnson's case it is mostly true. He is a great receiver first of all. And second of all if anyone is going to beat him it's going to be triple teams or his own QB's. That is why he is such a great receiver, he can take the double team, open up the running game and the middle and other side of the field, block downfield and then he can still go up and get it if he is double teamed.

Chad Jackson is a good receiver but he is not in Johnson's league, unless he goes up a few levels in the NFL.

Jackson not in Johsons League? Wow is one thing to say that Johnson is great and will be better but to say he is not in his league is just crazy! Johnson is great, But so is Chad Jackson and you could blame Chris Leak or the system for as much as you blame on Reggie Ball. Ball is not that bad of a QB and there are much worse out there! The NFL is not College and people should really start to learn this I mean you all talk about double teams and stuff like that well it did not stop Chad Johnson for the Bengals in the NFL or Chris Chambers. I mean alot of great WR in college get double teamed and triple teamed in certain passing situations and they still make plays. Well I know both WR are great and Johnson is better in college they have yet to prove them self in the NFL. We will find out in a few years who the best WR is, But not everyone is the same player as they are in College.

Reggie Ball really is a very inaccurate QB, he throws more balls away than most QB's but even that said he costs Calvin a lot of balls he could be catching

I havent seen enough of Jackson to really say about him, although his 40 time and hands do make me say wow

All in all I think Johnson is a better reciever but Johnson is very good to

Skeet84 said:
Well than I misuderstood you or you wrote something, But either way we got it straight that they are not alike and both not pro style offences. :wink: Well just because those guys failed does not mean that Chad Jackson will too. Chad Jackson played under a Pro Style offense under Ron Zook and did really well.
Your exactly right that just because Gator recievers in the past have underachieved shouldn't be a reason to not draft him and I would be happy if he were our choice. It just makes me a little nervous knowing the history of some of those guys thats all.

damn I remember yatil being drafted as a lock for marino too and we all saw what happened there huh? anything is possible in the nfl.
right now its all speculation until they play.

sports24/7 said:
Your exactly right that just because Gator recievers in the past have underachieved shouldn't be a reason to not draft him and I would be happy if he were our choice. It just makes me a little nervous knowing the history of some of those guys thats all.

I totally understand and i have been whatching the Gators and all those players and Jackson is a totally different player! He could still be a Bust, But I like him alot better than those other gator WR's . I actually have a feeling that Gaffney and Caldwell are gunna do better with there new teams.

Wow... there is still only a 3 vote difference?! There is some serious homerism going on here.

Batman13 said:
Wow... there is still only a 3 vote difference?! There is some serious homerism going on here.

Why don't you start stating some facts and stop crying about people being homers! Maybe people believe in someone that he will succeed and they believe in what someone can do not what people think they can do!

Batman13 said:
You're right and it's coming from both sides.

To say someone never has a bad game is absolutely ridiculous. Everyone has a bad game at some point. That said, Johnson is an amazing WR and alot of this debate will depend on what team they both end up on. I'm personally looking forward to Jackson squashing the stereotype thats so strong around here. But at this point would give the slight edge to Johnson as far as pro prospects go.

Back
Top Bottom