Biegel for Alonso trade looks like a steal... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biegel for Alonso trade looks like a steal...

Burt Macklin

Active Roster
Reaction score
He's looking like one of the more consistent pass-rushing LBs on the team...I know Alonso racked up a ton of tackles with the occasional INT or TFL, but Beigel has been a great acquisition so far. Alonso isn't even starting for the Saints, which is saying a lot for a guy with three consecutive 100+ tackle seasons in Miami.

I always found Alonso to be overrated. A lot of his tackles were because the run defense sucked and he would get consistently beat in pass coverage.

I always found Alonso to be overrated. A lot of his tackles were because the run defense sucked and he would get consistently beat in pass coverage.
Agreed, he was essentially useless in pass coverage, so much so that at the end of every game last season, the other team would check-down us to death. NYJ and Buffalo both did that and would pick on him and McMillan almost exclusively for chunk yards.

I say all that, and Alonso will probably get a ring this year....

5 INTs and 6 FFs across three seasons is the definition of occasional. Kiko regularly made TFL plays, but was never a turnover machine or sack guy.
Don’t forget fumble recoveries. Then find us an LB who racked up more. All I’m saying is he was a guy who could make big plays and get turnovers. I was not a big Kiko fan but he was one of the few LBs we’ve had who seemed to find the ball a lot.

Too many love to rip this coaching staff.
But they've been doing a serious job with this nearly talentless roster.

I can't wait to see what they do when we get an infusion of talent.
Think about how epically untalented our defensive backs were today.

Don’t forget fumble recoveries. Then find us an LB who racked up more. All I’m saying is he was a guy who could make big plays and get turnovers. I was not a big Kiko fan but he was one of the few LBs we’ve had who seemed to find the ball a lot.

He found the bench relatively quick too.

Back
Top Bottom