BIG Changes Needed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BIG Changes Needed

In truth I was looking for a monkey throwing his poop, but ended up settling for that one…
Naw that are way better imo. The little girl giving pats & comfort, it’s like you’re ok buddy… just get it out, while the dog takes a dump is what makes it so hilarious and appropriate.

That should be posted in 90% of the complaint threads on here. Just get it out buddy!

The Office Reaction GIF

Hate to say it but having highest expectations this year while not really seeing us as a SB contender and seeing the results with questionable Draft choices like ( biggest imo, Sewell could have been a Dol.) lack of basic structural insight ( even on a fan level) Grier is not the answer.

Love McD personality but not as a HC. To soft, forgiving philosophical excuses, turning failures into learning experience were it under achieves and has made our NFL team more a player friendly social club. Not saying McD will not develop but from seeing a to slow growth and not being effective at timely necessary basic changes wonder if its a lack of self awareness or just an ego thing for as a HC he's just over his head but IMO we need a change Now.

Really hate to say it but we MUST have drastic changes even just to start to be a solid team that means GM & HC. Not saying this to be negative for I see positiveness in these changes 1. being recognized 2. something done about it. ( which I dont see ). Who to gamble on is a completely different topic.

Tua also a separate discussion
Yeah, I think this ground has been covered here since the season ended

Hate to say it but having highest expectations this year while not really seeing us as a SB contender and seeing the results with questionable Draft choices like ( biggest imo, Sewell could have been a Dol.) lack of basic structural insight ( even on a fan level) Grier is not the answer.

Love McD personality but not as a HC. To soft, forgiving philosophical excuses, turning failures into learning experience were it under achieves and has made our NFL team more a player friendly social club. Not saying McD will not develop but from seeing a to slow growth and not being effective at timely necessary basic changes wonder if its a lack of self awareness or just an ego thing for as a HC he's just over his head but IMO we need a change Now.

Really hate to say it but we MUST have drastic changes even just to start to be a solid team that means GM & HC. Not saying this to be negative for I see positiveness in these changes 1. being recognized 2. something done about it. ( which I dont see ). Who to gamble on is a completely different topic.

Trading down with SF was one of the best trades in recent nfl history. Sewell is a good player but I don’t believe in drafting RT’s that high. Grier has provided a stacked roster and the best roster we’ve had since the 1970’s. He has done his job.
As far as McDaniel goes, you can’t get rid of a guy who just lead us to back to back playoffs for the first time since the 1990’s. Yes he needs to win playoff games but but you can’t discount the fact that we were down half our starters at the end of the year. It’s not an excuse, it’s an absolute fact that we were the most injured team by far in the entire nfl

Ya, we need a tough talkin’ mustache coach like Bowl Cowher, damnit all to hell. I’ve been sayin’ the same thing for years, partner.

Here’s a big change concept - offer KC our entire draft for the next 7 years for Mahomes.

Laugh all you want, we’d probably be just as good if not better.

I don’t even know if they’d take that deal.
I read that Vince Lombardi biography.

Lombardi knew football was TEAM game. But he knew one teammate — the QB — matters most. It’s always been the nature of the sport.

Trading down with SF was one of the best trades in recent nfl history. Sewell is a good player but I don’t believe in drafting RT’s that high. Grier has provided a stacked roster and the best roster we’ve had since the 1970’s. He has done his job.
As far as McDaniel goes, you can’t get rid of a guy who just lead us to back to back playoffs for the first time since the 1990’s. Yes he needs to win playoff games but but you can’t discount the fact that we were down half our starters at the end of the year. It’s not an excuse, it’s an absolute fact that we were the most injured team by far in the entire nfl
Very interesting takes.

While there are some nice pieces… is this roster better than the early to mid 1980s Dolphin rosters?

Im old and biased but those teams were solid. Made it to two SBs in three years. Two H of Famers (Marino, Stephenson).

Not sure bro, he's giving the team to his daughter. So we're ****ed with Ross' for the foreseeable future

That right there reminds me of the daughter in Any Given Sunday in control after her father died and wanting the team to tank so she could move the team.

God forbid if you pick the wrong combo (like Flores) you might gain a few pieces but set the organization back for a decade, and by then many have aged out of the league.

Chris Grier handpicked Brian Flores and hired him. We all know the result of that wondrous decision.

Zero accountability.

Anyone that thought this was a SB quality roster was kidding themselves.

You want a SB? Win in the trenches. That was never going to happen this year.

Pre-season we all saw people setting unrealistic expectations for this team.

We will be fine if they fix the lines.

Nothing wrong with criticism of McD and Grier, they certainly have their weaknesses.

But there is no way I would "blow it all up and start all over again". In my opinion, this franchise showed progress the last two years, and I put most of that on McD. For the last 20 years, we have had a coaching carousel of changes every 3 years or less and all it does is reset the clock on mediocrity. McD needs to improve in some areas, but he has moved the needle more than any other coach we have had in a long while. I'm letting him continue to develop his vision and as long as we see continued improvement, I would not be willing to change course.

Nothing wrong with criticism of McD and Grier, they certainly have their weaknesses.

But there is no way I would "blow it all up and start all over again". In my opinion, this franchise showed progress the last two years, and I put most of that on McD. For the last 20 years, we have had a coaching carousel of changes every 3 years or less and all it does is reset the clock on mediocrity. McD needs to improve in some areas, but he has moved the needle more than any other coach we have had in a long while. I'm letting him continue to develop his vision and as long as we see continued improvement, I would not be willing to change course.
Fair enough statement.
Moving the needle more than who ? and for me moving the needle is not such a big deal to base judgement on IMO. Looking at the results and potential achievements with this core doesn't begin to get me excited anymore. I see your view as pretty much the approach and its fine if you want to live for getting and possibly winning one playoff game (again highly questionable.
I think we have a good quality as a foundation but not built correctly (great in certain ares and piddly in to many others. Not speaking of all pros but a foundation of players going in to build from. And those that stated they didnt want a OT (like Sewell ) well not worth debating in my view.
Tired of trying to develop coaches and hoping they make major changes and learn (fast enough) in their own approach.
Will have to live with these non decisions and be back to the same situation next season.....
Damn seen this played out way to many times. We need a fundamental over haul in which I believe we could actually turn out not only better next season but for the future. JMO from what I witness has gone on...

This is King Theoden and Grima Wormtongue syndrome (poisoning the well and King). I’ve never seen anything quite like it in all of professional sports: you continually fail (Chris Grier), but then get promoted from within, and become a mainstay with the organization for over 20 years.

Conspiracy theories and damning Polaroid pictures aside, let’s look at things rationally and from an organizational optics standpoint:

Diversity checkmark, we have a black General Manager that has never won a playoff game under his stewardship and blueprint. From an optics standpoint that looks all fine and dandy from the outside for the organization, but doesn’t there come a point in time wherein Chris Grier MUST have to actually produce RESULTS?! Apparently not with King Theoden (Ross), so long as you still make money with your team and the optics are right with the NFL.

I don’t care about the color of a person’s skin, gender, sexual orientation (what have you), but if you continually fail to deliver results and are consistent with crippling bad decisions with your job: you SHOULD BE removed from said job unceremoniously. Instead, we (the fan base) are left stuck in a cyclical web of mediocrity (and another year without a playoff win).

And let’s talk about lead balloon of just making the playoffs. I don’t care what the weather was, if we’re traveling on the road, what the injuries were, or who they’re playing: we got absolutely EMBARRASSED in that football game.

It wasn’t competitive, and it looked like a JV team playing a college team. It was an unmitigated disaster in every way, shape, and form.

Mahomes missed his first two passes to start the game, and from that point onward they never slowed down and Dolphins continually sputtered, floundered, and just absolutely **** the bed. The only, and mean scraping the bottom of the barrel here, was the fact that the defense held them to field goals instead of touchdowns. Otherwise, that would have been even more lopsided than the drubbing it was.

At the end of the day, it’s simply unacceptable! Chris Grier was given a king’s ransom of draft picks and money, and he has NOTHING TO SHOW for the work he has done. We deserve better.

Hopefully, some day the fog will lift from Ross (Theoden) and Grier (Wormtongue) will be tossed out on his ass and the doors close on him.

A substandard track record and zero tangible results (playoff wins) should have drastic consequence.
Hey L, as you know, in any business, people who say "yes" and toe the company line, always survive, because it is hard to fire someone like that why? Human emotion, also ego plays a part, hearing an employee saying "yes sir yes sir nine bags full" really appeals to managers and owners. Remember how Gase got fired, he blew up on Ross, if that would not have happened, he would have been around longer, thus prolonging the fans agony. Flores was kind of obvious, he saw Tua for Tua, and did not want to continue with him, but of course "Grier". I have no doubt there were some very vocal discussions about this, and poof Flores gone.

My big concern, throwing the minutiae out, Oct 1 '23 48-20 loss against the Bills, Oct 22 '23 31-17 loss against eagles, Nov 5 '23 21-14 against the Chiefs, on a neutral field. Dec 11 '23 28-27 Home loss Titans. With all of the "talent" this team has, blow outs should never happen, and close game against near peers at home and at neutral sites should not be losses.

This team shows a huge amount if inconsistency and lack of depth to sustain injuries. I think we will see Grier and Mikey for at least two more years, maybe three. Sputtered, Floundered, Foundered on a sea of mistakes and miscues, all of these are true.

Frankly, Tua, Armstead, Williams (out of position player), T Hill, Fangio, Wilkins leaving, all are on Griers doorstep, but, there still is a "possibility" that it works, notice I say "possibility" and not probability. In Football, a lot of things are possible, look at Joe Flacco.

The Ever Endless Possibilities VIPER

He fired his ass too.

Yeah, of course…that’s what happens when your handpicked guy tries to sabotage your team, and later goes on to sue the NFL.

That kind of egg on your face moment is a given when all the damage had already been done.

The underlying point: how many more “reset” or “course corrections” are granted to him, before finally drawing a line in the sand? Hard, concrete results should be the judge and jury at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom