Bigger joke than AJ Feeley... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bigger joke than AJ Feeley...

buckeyenic said:
Call me stupid or whatever...but the way I see it, teams typically address problems in their roster...I see NO problem at DE (maybe you do)...BUT I do see some major concerns at QB. If you can't see that problem, you're blind.

#1 It is tempting to do so.
#2 Were you happy with David Bowens as a starting defensive end?
#3 Kevin Carter more or less has turned into more of a defensive tackle type over the last couple of years, therefore a young and mean end who can rush the passer would be welcomed.
#4 As for quarterback play, well it was not good in 2004, but poor line play, and no running game hurt it a lot also. The major albatross at the posistion(Jay Fiedler) is gone, so that will automaticly improve the posiston.
#5 The staff did bring in Gus Ferrotte, so an attempt(maybe not all that good of one) has been made to improve the posistion already.
#6 Outside of Alex Smith, it appeared that Saban and the staff did not particularly like any of the quarterbacks in the draft.

buckeyenic said:
I can't beleive the way the NFL Draft went for Miami. It was a JOKE! They got "ok" players, and wasted the 2nd round pick on ANOTHER DE. I mean, the last time I checked Jason Taylor/Kevin Carter were both pretty solid players. Why in the world would the Fins take Roth?!?! What a waste of a pick. And taking a LB when QB's such as Lefour and Frye were available?!?! JOKE, JOKE, JOKE. I'm not quite sure how anyone expects the team to do well when the Dolphins front offices are ran by morons.

thanks for your opinion, but leave the coaching to Saban
if you were are coach we would pick all qbs and have them all sit on the bench

Look, this is not a popularity contest. Nick and Staff took the best available player at the time of the pick. Just because they didn't pick the players you think they should have picked, the draft was a bust. Give me a break. :boohoo:

buckeyenic said:
Call me stupid or whatever...but the way I see it, teams typically address problems in their roster...I see NO problem at DE (maybe you do)...BUT I do see some major concerns at QB. If you can't see that problem, you're blind.

How do you know how feely will do with new coaches, especially OL coach, wide recievers coach? Last year, Ghandi couldnt have got out of the rush displayed by the opposition. We have a RUNNING BACK who can take some of the pressure off, and a Defense that will obviously be giving feely and co. great field positon. I AM PUMPED!!!

Qbs were in place

I really feel that Saban went into the draft looking at most every position but qb. I think he gave that position a pass for many reasons.
1.) the o-line was so badly coached that pass protection and the running game were rendered mute.

2.) Most teams have a real offensive cord.

3.) The passing game is set up by the running game, and we all know what that was like last year.

4.) He (Saban) may just like what he see's in his three qb's and nothing in the draft outside of Smith may have been considered by his staff to be an immediate upgrade.

Its patience and tolerance of the vast majority here that allows a 'monkey -spunk for brains' like yourself be heard. There really IS no sense in knocking sense into you. You make NO point, and its obviously a part o' your charm.

buckeyenic said:
AJ will be fine?!?!?! How do you figure?!!? And if he's going to be fine, why would Miami have picked Alex Smith if he was available?!?

You're assuming we would have. Guess we may never know. And just having an effective running game makes a QB that much more effective (see Fiedlers record when we had Smith and Williams)

There are no more vowels left, would you like to buy a clue?
:lol:

buckeyenic said:
I can't beleive the way the NFL Draft went for Miami. It was a JOKE! They got "ok" players, and wasted the 2nd round pick on ANOTHER DE. I mean, the last time I checked Jason Taylor/Kevin Carter were both pretty solid players. Why in the world would the Fins take Roth?!?! What a waste of a pick. And taking a LB when QB's such as Lefour and Frye were available?!?! JOKE, JOKE, JOKE. I'm not quite sure how anyone expects the team to do well when the Dolphins front offices are ran by morons.

You know, being Benson's biggest advocate you'd think I'D have a gripe with the draft, but I don't, I think it went GREAT. Yeah, I woulda liked Benson, but c'mon, if we HAD to take someone beside him I think Brown is a pretty good one to take, lol. About the only problem I have is that we didn't take QB. I know a bunch of potentials got picked right before our pick, but the one that REALLY gets me is the McPherson one, because we WOULD have gotten him (or he would have been there anyway, don't know if Saban woulda taken him) had we not swapped 5th rounders with KC in that deal. I'm sorry, I know we HAD to deal Surtain so we could get SOMETHING for him instead of just releasing him, but basically THEY got a Pro Bowl corner and a BETTER 5th rounder. If we just did Surtain for their 2nd we had a shot at McPherson. O well, I am very pleased wth our draft, and I hope Ronnie has a CRAZY year. I liked Saban's interview where he was like "well, basically he was the only RB we played that left half my defense sore for DAYS afterwards", that was funny.

I was reading Dr. Z's mock draft in the most recent Sports Illustrated today. He had the Eagles selecting Roth at #31 in the FIRST ROUND! We got him at #46 in the second round. That's great value. I think we did well in this draft. I'm so glad that we have someone who knows how to evaluate talent. I think Roth will be a very good player.

buckeyenic said:

You have got to be kidding:roflmao: . Da Phins had a great draft:cooldude: , they got both value and impact:wink:. Lefour and Frye please:shakeno: noway they are backups at best:eek:

the only QB worth drafting was taken number 1 overall, Frye and the others will never become a starting QB... remeber, QB is one of the most riskiest positions to draft at, for every peyton manning their is a ryan leaf, AJ did fine the last half of last year, and has both Sabans and my trust to rold the reigns for next year, our biggest hole(RB) was filled by a great player, and we got young guys to coach into the starting role when our older guys hang up their cleats...

great draft dolphins!!!!

buckeyenic said:
BUT, there were no personnel available at our 2nd pick that would have fit that bill. if YOU think so, name who....

Frye, Lefours, plenty of OL players...anymore!?!?

Only a complete moron:shakeno: would pick "Frye or Lefours" at number 2:eek: . Man the ESPN staff would think all of da Phins front office were on drugs if they or anybody were supid enough to draft Frye or Lefours at number 2:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom