Bigger-Stronger-Faster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bigger-Stronger-Faster

This is the slogan for one of those programs to develop young athletes into college and professional football players.

We have the "Faster" down for the most part. We can check off that box. McDaniel loves speed and that is a good thing!

Now, what I would like to see is for us to put a premium on "Bigger" and "Stonger"!

I want to see us build a Brick Wall on both sides of the Line of Scrimmage. Big and Stong players that are intimidating, mean, and Nasty!
You know the kind. The ones who can walk into a bar and start a fight.
But more importantly, are able to finish the fight!
The kind of players that are the first to walk off the bus or on to the field and set the tone!
They should be "Rocked Up" and willing to play through the whistle and then some on every play! (I see you Richie Incognito)
I want two Chris Brooks type of players that can be the "Hammer" to the "Lightning" of Achane and Mostert! I want to get a Bigger, more physical TE that can maul and catch the ball.
I want explosive Linebackers that can blow up the other teams running back and then help him up and tell him that it will hurt worse the next time!

I want a team that is the Biggest, Strongest, and the most intimidating team in the NFL to complement our Speed advantage.

This will create a team that can compete in the Cold, Nasty, conditions that you might have to play in later in the year.

Finally, should someone in the organization look seriously into what we are doing with our strength and conditioning program? We seem to have more soft tissue injuries then every other team in the league every season.
At least that is what the optics look like to me.
If we had kept Dan Campbell as our head coach thats what we would have.

This team forgot what an LB should look like since 54 hung 'em up...pathetic.

Could not agree more. It’s no coincidence that the teams that don’t value off ball LB’s are all considered soft. It’s one of the reasons that even when things were good, this team didn’t impress me.

What happened to EZ? He flashed many times but then vanished. He was a tall rangy WR. Agreed on Bigger-Stronger, especially at the MLB. We always seem to be soft in that area, and teams aren't afraid to run it up our gut.
He was placed on the non football injury list in week 3 due to a neck issue he has from his days at Texas Tech.

I agree! Our speed/soft team will not win on the road vs northern AFC teams. I would love to see a power back splitting reps with Achane. I just don’t think McD can break away from the cuteness

I definitely think bigger will translate better to cold weather games. Were the 70’s teams and the killer b’s considered bigger teams compared to others?
I was 7-8 years old in the early 1970s but have watched those teams as much as possible on YouTube. Smarter. Better and a step ahead. I’d say more physical on offence with a great OL and Csonka.

As for the killer Bs… I would not describe them as bigger, stronger, faster. Smart and error free. Great schemes. Well coached. Amazing.

Washington’s OL, known as the Hogs, blocking for John Riggins, known as the Diesel, dominated in SB 17.

They were sadly bigger, stronger, faster.

Right so as Rob Konrad said the other day “get better so you have home field advantage or get bigger so you can play in the cold.”
Rob Konrad - ha that guy always looked like he worked on his tan more than his conditioning when he played. 😆

I was 7-8 years old in the early 1970s but have watched those teams as much as possible on YouTube. Smarter. Better and a step ahead. I’d say more physical on offence with a great OL and Csonka.

As for the killer Bs… I would not describe them as bigger, stronger, faster. Smart and error free. Great schemes. Well coached. Amazing.

Washington’s OL, known as the Hogs, blocking for John Riggins, known as the Diesel, dominated in SB 17.

They were sadly bigger, stronger, faster.
This. The Hogs started a trend of NFC teams building OL that mauled the AFC DL for the next 15-17 years winning all but 1 SB in ‘83 from ‘82 - ‘96. It didn’t matter that the AFC had all the best QBs (minus Montana). When Elway, Marino, Kelly, Esiason, etc got to the SB, their teams got mopped up by the bigger, more physical lines they faced. This is why so many pedestrian QBs won SBs during that era - Simms, Hostetler, Rypien, Theisman, Williams, McMahon (yes, McMahon) and so on. They played on the team that had the big nasty guys blocking smaller, quicker DL and it was no contest. Blowouts galore

I think there are two answers here. One we need to get more physical, tougher, bigger as a team in the trenches. Too many guys are not tough - Jackson, Liam… Second we don’t have leaders on this team. When Marino, Zack, Jason Taylor, Wake… played they were leaders on the field. On this team we don’t have that. Guys are either too young or not confident enough to lead. Look at our D - maybe Wilkins or Ramsey but when you can’t find an easy answer you don’t have a leader. Offense there are none - Tua can’t or won’t lead, Hill is worried about himself, and nobody on the OL leads. Find a veteran who can do it and this team changes for the better.

They team lacks toughness. Seiler… he’s gritty.

If you’re old you remember the Dolphin guard Bob Kuechenberg. Tough. Gritty.

Mark Bavaro, the NYG TE from the late 1980s. Tough. Gritty. Or his teammate Carl Banks.

Those two practiced against each other everyday. Made each better.

We need more of that.

watch the last interview with the GM and the Coach and you can clearly see why this organization will ever win anything noteworthy.

The owner is a cheat and an idiot when it comes to football.

The GM is a making millions to draft midgets, and failures (too many to name here) and never answer a single question in simple and informative way, and a coach who seems to be on some kind of prescription drug.

Ownership has to change before we see a championship in Miami. But the Floridians not need to worry.
Jacksonville will win two Super Bowls before dolphins get to play in one.

I think there are two answers here. One we need to get more physical, tougher, bigger as a team in the trenches. Too many guys are not tough - Jackson, Liam… Second we don’t have leaders on this team. When Marino, Zack, Jason Taylor, Wake… played they were leaders on the field. On this team we don’t have that. Guys are either too young or not confident enough to lead. Look at our D - maybe Wilkins or Ramsey but when you can’t find an easy answer you don’t have a leader. Offense there are none - Tua can’t or won’t lead, Hill is worried about himself, and nobody on the OL leads. Find a veteran who can do it and this team changes for the better.
Tua seems too nice - like Tannehill was

We’ve been a finesse team for a long time. Seems like since Marino we have gotten away from that. We’ve fallen in love with the flash.
Dolphins weren't finesse under Sporano (RIP!). Big physical D line. Just couldn't get the QB right. Also, weren't finesse in the Rickey Williams days. Again, no QB. There's no reason why this team can't continue to grow and become more physical. The run game concepts are there. When oline was healthy, we had guys pulling and pancaking dudes down the field. I wouldn't call that finesse. Excuse us for having speed. I will say we need to incorp a physical TE and need a big #3WR. And..actually use them.

Back
Top Bottom