Bigger-Stronger-Faster | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bigger-Stronger-Faster

Bigger Stronger Faster. Seems like oxymorons to me.

Bigger and Stronger almost always means slower.
That's why Usain Bolt is 6'4" at 203 and Mitchell Hooper is 6'3 at 320. If Usain was 320 LBs I doubt he would hit a 9.58 100M and if MItchell Hooper was 203 I doubt he would deadlift 700Lbs and bench 400.

There's a speed cost to weight gain just as there is a strength cost to weight loss.

We get fast lineman that can block downfield we are going to have weaker lineman that struggle against a mauling pass rush. Same thing in reverse, same thing for every ball handler.

Somewhere out there is a perfect blend of speed and strength for each position but I don't know our Dolphins (or anyone else really) have figured that out quite yet...

This should always be the goal

Starting with Tua except the bigger part

Tua has busted his ass from rehab, to playbook when McD came in, to jujitsu. I’m confident he’ll put the work in to improve this offseason.

The truth is the offense scheme can’t win you games by itself and good defenses will figure them out. Players have to execute and win 1-on-1 battles for a play to be successful.

In my opinion, the OL dictates everything a team can do on offense. Our mishmash of OL players with all the injuries did a beyond respectable job. However, we need healthy horses up front to have success against the top tier teams and in the post season.

I've been screaming this for a while. Big physical maulers in the trenches is what I want. Killers for MLB and OLBs is what I want.

I also want a total change in offense. I don't mind some of the motions but it is so much overkill it actually hurts us. I want to get to the point that even if the defense knows what we're about to do, they can't effing stop it anyway. A Derrick Henry or someone like him would help that alot with a mauling o line. I think that would help Tua so much if we keep him.

This is the slogan for one of those programs to develop young athletes into college and professional football players.

We have the "Faster" down for the most part. We can check off that box. McDaniel loves speed and that is a good thing!

Now, what I would like to see is for us to put a premium on "Bigger" and "Stonger"!

I want to see us build a Brick Wall on both sides of the Line of Scrimmage. Big and Stong players that are intimidating, mean, and Nasty!
You know the kind. The ones who can walk into a bar and start a fight.
But more importantly, are able to finish the fight!
The kind of players that are the first to walk off the bus or on to the field and set the tone!
They should be "Rocked Up" and willing to play through the whistle and then some on every play! (I see you Richie Incognito)
I want two Chris Brooks type of players that can be the "Hammer" to the "Lightning" of Achane and Mostert! I want to get a Bigger, more physical TE that can maul and catch the ball.
I want explosive Linebackers that can blow up the other teams running back and then help him up and tell him that it will hurt worse the next time!

I want a team that is the Biggest, Strongest, and the most intimidating team in the NFL to complement our Speed advantage.

This will create a team that can compete in the Cold, Nasty, conditions that you might have to play in later in the year.

Finally, should someone in the organization look seriously into what we are doing with our strength and conditioning program? We seem to have more soft tissue injuries then every other team in the league every season.
At least that is what the optics look like to me.
And can we also be six deep at every position?
And feed the hungry?
And secure world peace?
And find a cure for the debilitating illness known as being a Jets fan?

And can we also be six deep at every position?
And feed the hungry?
And secure world peace?
And find a cure for the debilitating illness known as being a Jets fan?
I am happy to see that you are on board with me on this!

I've been screaming this for a while. Big physical maulers in the trenches is what I want. Killers for MLB and OLBs is what I want.

I also want a total change in offense. I don't mind some of the motions but it is so much overkill it actually hurts us. I want to get to the point that even if the defense knows what we're about to do, they can't effing stop it anyway. A Derrick Henry or someone like him would help that alot with a mauling o line. I think that would help Tua so much if we keep him.
+1,000,000

For the life of me I can't understand why Miami keeps refusing to get tough, physical players to play a tough, physical game. Philbin started it by wanting "finesse" linemen to execute his fancy blocking schemes, and McDaniel's entire offense is based on finesse timing routes in the passing game and fancy blocking schemes in the running game. So, it's no coincidence that both teams' o-lines were consistently pushed around and dominated by tough, physical d-lines.

On defense, over the years Miami has had numerous players who could make a difference. After the "No-Name Defense" and "Killer Bees" eras, Miami had guys like Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Cameron Wake, Louis Oliver, Brian Cox, and others. Zach was like a heat-seeking missile going after the ball and a tackling machine... who is like that on today's team? Taylor and Wake were sack machines, and Louis Oliver put a hurting on a lot of WRs. Who is doing this today? There are teams who have extremely talented defensive players that have to be accounted for by opposing OCs, so I know that those types of players are out there, but Miami never seems to care for getting players like that. The result is always the same; Miami's finesse teams continually get punched in the mouth by tough teams.

art news GIF

I'd add smarter. Too many "low football IQ" type mistakes.

Hate to point out Chubb's helmet throw because he had a great season, especially after Phillips went down. But that played a huge part in Miami losing to Tennessee.

One more win would have meant a home playoff game against Pittsburgh.

Chubb, of course, wasn't the only one who made dumb mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom