Biggest FO mistake so far: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest FO mistake so far:

RayFinkle

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Although it's true that we need a veteran QB in case the Feeley experiment fails, I still feel that keeping Jay Fiedler was a stupid thing to do, especially considering his salary. Dumbo has had 4 years to prove himself and I feel like throwing up when I think that it's still possible that he might be our starter this year. Fiedler should have been cut or traded for a 7th round pick or even for a bag of Fritos. I think it's bad for the morale of the team, especially the receivers, like Chambers, to keep a guy that has consistently failed to get them the ball when they were open. A veteran QB with a lower salary would have been a better option and a fresh start for this offense.

Ummm u think what salary he has is bad... look at seau's... i dont think its a bad thing to keep him its just bad to start him...

I am not a Fiedler-Hater, but I was hoping he would be gone, too.
It is a waste having a talent like Chambers when our QB can't even get him the ball. I don't know if Feeley will be any better, but change is needed. Fiedler has had long enough to try and prove himself.
Griese only got 4 games to try and prove himself.....
Fiedler has got to have pics of Wanny.....

Fiedler is a decent back up at best so I agree he would be good as a back up here but the trouble is Dave has left the door open for him to start. I think the best way to prevent such a scenario would be to get rid of him altogether. Trade him for a lollipop.

Originally posted by RayFinkle
Although it's true that we need a veteran QB in case the Feeley experiment fails, I still feel that keeping Jay Fiedler was a stupid thing to do, especially considering his salary. Dumbo has had 4 years to prove himself and I feel like throwing up when I think that it's still possible that he might be our starter this year. Fiedler should have been cut or traded for a 7th round pick or even for a bag of Fritos. I think it's bad for the morale of the team, especially the receivers, like Chambers, to keep a guy that has consistently failed to get them the ball when they were open. A veteran QB with a lower salary would have been a better option and a fresh start for this offense.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but we've been through this topic ten-fold. You can check it out here

Itfinfan... they looked at game tape, and actually wanted to make the playoffs.

I hope Wayne Huizenga fires Chumpstedt at the end of this season. I'm not all that thrilled with Spielman either. We need a Ron Wolf or a Donahue.

I too was wanting the Dolphins rid of Fiedler.

But then I remember that with Fiedler as QB the Dolphins were

11-5
11-5
9-7
10-6

If the Feeley project fails or if he is injured at least we remain competitive.

I completely disagree.
Those "winning" records were despite Fiedler , not because of him. The defense has held it together in recent years. The offense has regressed with Fiedler despite having one of the best RB's behind him as well as one of the best young receiving duos in Chambers and McMichael. Fiedler blows, face it.

Originally posted by RayFinkle
I hope Wayne Huizenga fires Chumpstedt at the end of this season. I'm not all that thrilled with Spielman either. We need a Ron Wolf or a Donahue.

Wanny has a last chance to show us what he can do this year and im my opinion Spielman has been doing a terrific job this offseason. You can say he missed out on some big names but he hasn't broke the bank for one player yet and has made this team better than it was last year on both sides of the ball. And there is still alot of time before football starts and im feeling good about this team.

Also Fiedler makes a great backup, he can come in at any given moment and at least manage the game. He's been competent at times, like 2 years ago before he got hurt and Lucas came in, and if AJ gets dinged hes the man I'd want in there for now.

I think it was smart to keep Fielder as a back up, however I would of been glad to see him gone.

Back
Top Bottom