Biggest FO mistake so far: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest FO mistake so far:

Originally posted by RayFinkle
I completely disagree.
Those "winning" records were despite Fiedler , not because of him. The defense has held it together in recent years. The offense has regressed with Fiedler despite having one of the best RB's behind him as well as one of the best young receiving duos in Chambers and McMichael. Fiedler blows, face it.

yup, i love how all the stupid commentators talk about how the dolphins would be absurd to get rid of fiedler and wannstedt because they've gone "10-6, 10-6..." like it was because of those 2 people we had those records. please, if we had a capable qb and a competent coach we would of gone 12-4, and 13-3 and actually went to the damn playoffs passed the first round

Originally posted by scodoublet
I am not a Fiedler-Hater, but I was hoping he would be gone, too.
It is a waste having a talent like Chambers when our QB can't even get him the ball. I don't know if Feeley will be any better, but change is needed. Fiedler has had long enough to try and prove himself.
Griese only got 4 games to try and prove himself.....
Fiedler has got to have pics of Wanny.....

If Wanny has total control, Feeley will get 4 minutes to prove himself before they switch to Jay.:rolleyes: Oh well Gruden made a pretty good choice in signing Griese. Jon's been burned by Brian before so he knows Griese's strengths and weaknesses. But it doesn't matter, if Tampa wins it all or goes deep again, it's all good. Hopefully Feeley will come through, otherwise I want that 2nd round pick back. I'd rather have Rivers or Rosenfels as backup than Jay. U kno his agent will complain for playing time even if Feeley goes to Pro Bowl.

Other than the FO's blunder in keeping Jay, they made some huge mistakes in special teams/backup defense. I still hate the Hendricks loss. And with Moore in who knows where, Seau getting old, and Greenwood a FA, depth doesn't look so good. O-Line is a mix. We got an injured tackle (remind anyone of Mark Dixon?) and prolly an injured guard (Page?). We lost out on Orlando Brown, Greg Randall, Salaam, Tait, Woody, and other FA O-linemen. But if we can get some in the draft and maybe Philip Rivers if we trade up or become lucky, the FO did decently.

Although it's true that we need a veteran QB in case the Feeley experiment fails, I still feel that keeping Jay Fiedler was a stupid thing to do, especially considering his salary. Dumbo has had 4 years to prove himself and I feel like throwing up when I think that it's still possible that he might be our starter this year. Fiedler should have been cut or traded for a 7th round pick or even for a bag of Fritos. I think it's bad for the morale of the team, especially the receivers, like Chambers, to keep a guy that has consistently failed to get them the ball when they were open. A veteran QB with a lower salary would have been a better option and a fresh start for this offense.

Yes! finally someone with the same sarcastic tone as me. I think he should have been traded for a bag of dogsh!t. This chump has had 4 years to earn the starters position (and maybe a smidgen of respect) but he's just sucked boll weevil dung. Then I have to listen to the BS that he never gets a fair shot and everyone is out to get him. I'd like to fill a bus with all of that sympathy and send it careening off the seven mile bridge in pretty pretty flames. The dudes a bust the best thing he can do is be backup. Which I'm actually cool with because he's got enough clangers to get us out of a jam if Feely get's hurt but thats all he's got in the tank baby! My shoe's still stuck inside my television from the game against KC in '02 where he threw 4 int's! Get this a$$hole's bags for him he's riding the pine!

saves,
I think it's great that you're optimistic and all and that chick in your avatar looks great but I think you are letting your optimism blind you of reality. Chumpstedt has had four years to prove himself also and he has done nothing but regressed to the point of not making the playoffs two years in a row with a great deal of talent. I think he should have been fired this offseason without question. As for Spielman, it can be argued that he should be given the benefit of the doubt this year since it's the first year in which he has the last word in personnel matters. In fact, I like some of the moves he has made in free agency (Howard, Jeno James) and the trade for Boston. But he offsets those good moves with questionable moves that makes you think he has not prepared sufficiently. For example, 2nd round pick for Feeley- a 3rd string QB; A move that left many personnel men puzzled. Keeping Jay Fiedler at the same salary. He could have asked Dumbo to take a pay cut at least. I think he flinched when Fiedler's agent said teams were interested in his client - a bluff. The dismantling of the offensive line for a more inexperienced, unproven group. I think if you are gonna dismantle the line this way you better have at least a couple of proven veterans in mind to replace them. We are more patchwork than last year thus far. It's his own fault for not locking up Wade last year when he had the chance at a more reasonable contract extension. You know you're in trouble when the lone starter left from last year is Wade "turnstile" Smith. I am willing to give Rick this year to prove himself but he needs toput together a decent line ( top off-season priority ), Feeley needs to pan out, and he needs to have a good draft in order for him to stay.

I'll restric my comments to the original post.

When you look at the combined salary space Feeley and Fiedler will take up, and the amount of experience Fiedler has in the offense, and the likelihood of Feeley being named the starter (I'd be willing to bet on it as of now) ... the Dolphins have one of the best value QB combos in the league.

Notice I didn't say "one of the best combos, period." But when it comes to the production we will receive compared to what we are spending, I think the value level is quite high.

Ray...so RS has to pay for what DW has not done for four years...If he doesn't produce this year, he's gone ?? I agree that DW has had his time and he probably has his best balanced (talent wise) team coming into this year, with the changes we've made so far, so he has to show this year that he can coach these guys....but the jury will still be out for RS...One offseason is not going to be enough for him to rectify the OL and defensive depth/STs. We still have the draft and the rest of the offseason to go for RS. I think we ought to give him a little slack....

Wow, all the same people who slam me for being negative are on here saying...negative things!

Wanny should have gone
We should have hired a real GM
We should have gotten Garcia or
Dropped Fiedler and decided to go Feeley/Rivers
Signed Woody regardless of price. Yes he is worth it.
Made Tressman OC instead of Collier
Cut Fiedler the day after the season ended.

Take your pick. This is what has me in an uproar. We added Bosotn and James. The only tow legitimate upgrades. Even they have questions.

Originally posted by fin-atic

Take your pick. This is what has me in an uproar.

Don't fool yourself, you're always in an uproar!

Oliver...

Well Wanny isn't making personel decisions anymore and he never really made offensive play calls, and those two things are what i've thought was so bad the past years. I think with a chance to just be a coach and with a new face running the offense we should be fine with him doing the yelling.

As for Spielman I like what he's done, I won't back down from my stance on him. A 2nd for Feeley, if thats what it takes to get a starting caliber Q before the Browns did. And the O-Line looks to be shaping up with some good players in there,and more to come.

We really can't make good judgment until after the draft, and to a lesser extent the June 1st cuts anyway. But imma keep my positive attitude towards this year. :)

The biggest FO mistake.

The FO not telling Wanny to FO after missing the playoffs again.

I thought LAST year was supposed to be Wanny's last shot to prove himself!

I might be wrong but I think I remember reading something that said if we traded Fiedler the salary cap took a hit so we might as well just keep him...maybe Chambers will look at Fiedler on the bench and use that as motivation, like "Thank God I don't have that throwing to me any more!"
I still can't believe the salary Fiedler is drawing, I mean that was a serious F/U by the FO

I completely disagree.
Those "winning" records were despite Fiedler , not because of him. The defense has held it together in recent years. The offense has regressed with Fiedler despite having one of the best RB's behind him as well as one of the best young receiving duos in Chambers and McMichael. Fiedler blows, face it.

You can't even kick a football without the laces out!!

My suggestion would be that if we could trade Fiedler, we should include YOU in the deal so you can remain miserable!

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by fin-atic
Wow, all the same people who slam me for being negative are on here saying...negative things!

Wanny should have gone
We should have hired a real GM
We should have gotten Garcia or
Dropped Fiedler and decided to go Feeley/Rivers
Signed Woody regardless of price. Yes he is worth it.
Made Tressman OC instead of Collier
Cut Fiedler the day after the season ended.

Take your pick. This is what has me in an uproar. We added Bosotn and James. The only tow legitimate upgrades. Even they have questions.

But when you post mostly negative things, you have to expect this!

Of course you have your right to your own opinion, but the majority of fans in the NFL take the positive road. Or at least try too.

And it's not about being realistic, or correct, or wrong for that matter. All anyone can offer is their own individual opinions.

I do like some of your post's even if I don't often agree with them. Because they offer a different opinion.

But It's these type of post's where I think your demanding respect, or to be left alone on a public message board that are getting you ripped more than any.........IMO

griese had 4 yrs plus 4 games to prove himself. Stop insane arguments. After 4 yrs in teh league, you should be able to show a ton more after 4 games than Griese did. He stunk in Denver he stunk for us. Jay is an ideal backup, but after being teh starter for 4 years I thought he should go, clean break as they say. That would have made the decision easy and forced them to stick with it. W/ Jay still there it is too easy for Wanny to use him as crutch. We did not win all our games in spite of Jay, he was as much responsible for teh wins as well as the losses as everyone else. The problem is Jay has peaked and unfortunately his physical skills dont match his heart and desire. If we get a qb that has all teh skills physically that can match Jays fire and competitiveness, we will have a very good qb.

Back
Top Bottom