Biggest FO mistake so far: | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest FO mistake so far:

Basically it boils down to this, until we get over the hump and end the drought, there will always be pessimism. especially considering how we have been losing out the past what 7 years, 6 years? I disagree with what Fin Atic and Gray believe, I do understand it though. How many times have we heard these mnoves are the final piece of teh puzzle? What gets me to respond is not the opinion just the lack of respect that comes out in the tone of teh post. So yeah I get a little sarcastic (ok alot), but noone can realistically for fact predict what Feeley is capable of, nor that Wanny will fail. I think everyone realizes our offense was not as good as we thought, and was not good enough to win it all. That is the sole reason Wanny is back but w/o the GM job. Basically it is Wayne saying "Your a good coach but you suk at picking players" Now if Wayne beleives the talent is there and we still fail, then Wanny will be gone.

Originally posted by RayFinkle
I completely disagree.
Those "winning" records were despite Fiedler , not because of him. The defense has held it together in recent years. The offense has regressed with Fiedler despite having one of the best RB's behind him as well as one of the best young receiving duos in Chambers and McMichael. Fiedler blows, face it.

Where you looking at the same games as the rest of us...Jay brought us back against the Raiders 2 years ago, the Skins last year, he's own the Bills, won the better of the Jets game, the midnight miracle was not Jay's fault, how many points do you have to score for your so call D to win with? The Denver game, 2 years ago the NE game at NE, and the Vikings game just before that game, and I could name others that it was your vaulted D, not Jay that lose it for us. So please be factual when writing something like this..

Although it's true that we need a veteran QB in case the Feeley experiment fails, I still feel that keeping Jay Fiedler was a stupid thing to do, especially considering his salary. Dumbo has had 4 years to prove himself and I feel like throwing up when I think that it's still possible that he might be our starter this year. Fiedler should have been cut or traded for a 7th round pick or even for a bag of Fritos. I think it's bad for the morale of the team, especially the receivers, like Chambers, to keep a guy that has consistently failed to get them the ball when they were open. A veteran QB with a lower salary would have been a better option and a fresh start for this offense.

Agreed completely.
If you feel your franchise needs to head in a different direction you don't keep driving the same car after you buy your new one.
If you want an insurance policy you go out and purchase an old reliable back up car. Keeping Fiedler was a mistake and it may in fact interfere with Whether Feeley gets a fair shot to make this team his.

The situation is what it is and it's not changing now. Regardless, if the rookie lineman step up like Speilman thinks they can, the questionable RT pick ups somehow pan out and if we are able to come up with another good OL to add in the mix then it will be a successful offseason......

Some BIG question marks reside there though!

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Where you looking at the same games as the rest of us...Jay brought us back against the Raiders 2 years ago, the Skins last year, he's own the Bills, won the better of the Jets game, the midnight miracle was not Jay's fault, how many points do you have to score for your so call D to win with? The Denver game, 2 years ago the NE game at NE, and the Vikings game just before that game, and I could name others that it was your vaulted D, not Jay that lose it for us. So please be factual when writing something like this..

Shaddapp!!!
Either you are a blind homer or you are Fiedler's mommy. In that Raiders game that you mention for example, who put us behind in the first place?? That's right it was Dumbo and his bonehead mistakes. The Jests haven't even been a playoff team the past few years so that's that and the same goes for the Jills, so that's nothing to be too proud of. In the Denver game, Jay got lucky at the end of the game that one of the dead ducks he usually throws went right through Mobley's hands and into the hands of the receiver. That kept us alive, LUCK!!! It is obvious that Jay is a back-up and most sane people on this board will not dispute that. Guess that leaves you out. I don't know how many times I have seen Chambers blow by a receiver only to have Dumbo throw up a dead duck!! You could see Chambers' frustration. If that was Terrell Owens, he would have punched that floppy eared Jew right in that big nose. Bye Fiedler's mom.

I do blame the defense fro the monday night miracle, however all the offense had to do was get one first down and the game was over. Just one.

Yeah, exactly...the offense played its part in that debacle!

Shaddapp!!!
Either you are a blind homer or you are Fiedler's mommy.

If that was Terrell Owens, he would have punched that floppy eared Jew right in that big nose. Bye Fiedler's mom.

1. Ease off on the personal attacks

2. No more anti-semitic comments.

We don't allow either here.

Thanks

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

he's own the Bills, won the better of the Jets game,
the fins own the bills not Fiedler. The fins beat the bills inspite of Fiedler's 48% qb rating in the first game. Fiedler kept the game close by playing horribly. RW killed us. :rolleyes:

....... If that was Terrell Owens, he would have punched that floppy eared Jew right in that big nose. Bye Fiedler's mom.

Not called for, this is the 2nd guy that has been banned for crap like this....

I know most of you know better but if you have any animosity towards a certain ethnicity, if I were you, I wouldn't share it on this forum....

[EDIT]Now i see that Wharf warned him after those comments after I banned him, oh well...it was ban-worthy, this behavior should not be tolerated....

I wanted him gone even tho I always suported him. But when you think about the fact that we were not getting some of the players we wanted(I said some)then I can see why they wanted to cover theirs butts by keeping him since we did win our share of games with him. I'm not saying we won all those games thanks to him, but we can win games with him. Anyway, only time will tell if it was the right thing to do.

Ozzy rules!!

(Directed to Original Post)
Are you kidding?? Keeping Jay as a backup was one of the best things weve done. Youre obviously a big Jay hater because having a QB that started 4 years in our offense as a backup is such a good move. If you bring in 2 new guys, 1 starts, 1 sits you now have 2 with no experience with the offense. Jay knows the offense very well and wins games. Hes a leader at times but only on occasion (Broncos 02, Cowboys 03, Redskins 03, Jets 03) those are off the top of my head. He will be a DAMN good 2nd string, you cant ask for anything better than that, having a guy with 4 years of experience STARTING for our team as a backup? Its brilliant. Sure he makes some mistakes sometimes but doesnt every backup QB????? Backup Qbs are usually awful and the fact we have our past 1st string who won us tons of games a 2nd string is awesome. BTW if we had Jay the past 2 years for all 16 games we would have been in the playoffs both years. All it would have taken was 1 more win both years....and Lucas and Griese screwed us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom