Biggest Super Bowl windows: Falcons, Cowboys, Raiders top list | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Super Bowl windows: Falcons, Cowboys, Raiders top list

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
5) Miami Dolphins

The window will be open for: Three years.
I wouldn't say the Dolphins have the best chance in the AFC East to make the Super Bowl in the 2017 season, though I do expect them to be viable contenders. This list is about looking further than one season down the road. Coach Adam Gase is good, and it's easy to see Miami taking a massive step forward soon, not unlike what the NFC champion Falcons did in their second season under Dan Quinn. Provided Ryan Tannehill recovers from his knee injury successfully, all signs are pointing up for the quarterback, who should continue improving after a season in which he completed a career-high 67.1 percent of his passes. Miami scored more points than it did in 2015 and allowed 15 fewer sacks, while first-round pick Laremy Tunsil proved to be a productive member of a beefed-up offensive line. Mostly, I'm betting on Gase.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...bowl-windows-falcons-cowboys-raiders-top-list

"Mostly, I'm betting on Gase."

me too, guy....me too

That kind of says it all right there. Obviously defense was not mentioned lol.

Raiders for that matter...set on offense but very few pieces on the defense.

Dolphins IMO are a seam threat TE and two OGs away from getting to an elite offense provided we have a healthy Parker and Pouncey for 16 games and keep Stills, Sims. Offense would be set.

It just isn't going to happen with Brady and Belichick in NE. Those pieces of **** don't win less than 10 games a year for a million years. They also have homefield advantage in the playoffs. It's rare to win there in the regular season let alone the playoffs. If Miami's window really was 3 years in reality that would mean zero b/c of the Pats.

I believe in Gase but I'm praying for Burke. The offense can score, thats a given especially with Tanne and Pouncey back healthy plus resign Stills. They have a lot of weapons on that side of the ball plus finally a front five I feel pretty good in (even though I do expect some offseason OL changes). If Burke can get some young guys through FA and the draft who can compliment that front 4 plus IAQ and Jones back...whoa. I see a big leap for the D this year that could put this team in contention Pats or not the next few years.

As long as the division remains a lost cause, it's going to be extremely difficult for the Dolphins to get to the Super Bowl.

The Dolphins have been to 7 AFC championship games. Only in 1982-- under that unusual playoff structure occasioned by the strike-- did the Dolphins win two playoff games to advance to the conference championship. The other 6 times that Miami made it as far as the AFC championship, they did not play in the wild card round.

No Dolphins team, under a conventional playoff format, has ever won both a wildcard game and a divisional round game. So unless they manage to unseat the Patriots and get a bye into the divisional round, it'll be very rough sledding to get to the Super Bowl.

Brandt: 6 Teams with the biggest Super Bowl windows

This popped up in my news feed today and I decided to read the article because I was shocked that an analyst would consider the Dolphins to be one of these teams.

5) Miami Dolphins

The window will be open for: Three years.
I wouldn't say the Dolphins have the best chance in the AFC East to make the Super Bowlin the 2017 season, though I do expect them to be viable contenders. This list is about looking further than one season down the road. Coach Adam Gase is good, and it's easy to see Miami taking a massive step forward soon, not unlike what the NFC champion Falcons did in their second season under Dan Quinn. Provided Ryan Tannehillrecovers from his knee injury successfully, all signs are pointing up for the quarterback, who should continue improving after a season in which he completed a career-high 67.1 percent of his passes. Miami scored more points than it did in 2015 and allowed 15 fewer sacks, while first-round pick Laremy Tunsil proved to be a productive member of a beefed-up offensive line. Mostly, I'm betting on Gase.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...bowl-windows-falcons-cowboys-raiders-top-list

According to Gil Brandt of NFL.com he believes that we have a 3 year Super Bowl window. He seems to love Adam Gase and likes the improvement he's seen from Tannehill and thinks we could be a team similar to the Falcons and Dan Quinn next year. One thing is for sure...I believe this could be accurate if our F.O. continues to make smart decisions about players going forward. We obviously have some holes to fill and if we find ways to fill most of the holes and add some quality depth in areas we might enjoy a Super Bowl in our near future.

The Falcons are in a weaker division and that makes a huge difference. Being a division winner with a bye makes getting to the Super Bowl much, much easier.

The Dolphins will not get into the Super Bowl as a wildcard, especially having to win three road games in a row as was the case this past year.

The Falcons are in a weaker division and that makes a huge difference. Being a division winner with a bye makes getting to the Super Bowl much, much easier.

The Dolphins will not get into the Super Bowl as a wildcard, especially having to win three road games in a row as was the case this past year.

If Miami's O-line finally gets fixed, Tannehill gets back at 100%, we can add a few more consistent pieces to the Defense, and Miami is able to get a talnted TE, Miami is fully capable of beating the Patriots consistently, and taking the AFC East from them... I know, a lot of Ifs, but doable with the right HC.

My bad, I looked at didn't see it. Mod's please merge.

Sorry for my garbageness LOL

If Miami's O-line finally gets fixed, Tannehill gets back at 100%, we can add a few more consistent pieces to the Defense, and Miami is able to get a talnted TE, Miami is fully capable of beating the Patriots consistently, and taking the AFC East from them... I know, a lot of Ifs, but doable with the right HC.

Yeah, a lot of ifs. Meanwhile, NE swept us (without Brady in the first game, and without Gronk in the second), got to their sixth AFC championship game in a row, and now their ninth Super Bowl. So I don't share your optimism that the days of the Dolphins dominating them are right around the corner.

Does anyone think Tom Brady retires if New England wins the super bowl? Maybe that's just wishful thinking. But, he has a young family, all the money in the world, a supermodel wife, and a win would give him more titles than any other quarterback. What would be left to play for?

As to Miami, it's certainly looking hopeful. What Gase and the coaching staff did last year with all the injuries was really remarkable. Think how good this team can be with just a few changes.

Obviously, the road still goes through New England so matching up with the Patriots has to be a major concern. Lots of talk in the front office about adding speed and that is huge against the Patriots quick passing game. Need players who can tackle too.

It was nice to hear Grier talking about getting the oline upgraded for Ajayi in a recent article. If the oline becomes dominant, with Ajayi and Tannehill benefiting, and getting the LB spot sured up, then we can start thinking deep playoffs/SB

Back
Top Bottom