Biggest Super Bowl windows: Falcons, Cowboys, Raiders top list | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Super Bowl windows: Falcons, Cowboys, Raiders top list

I think the biggest factor is whether Tannehill can morph into a QB that takes us to the SB, that's hard to tell when he hasn't even played a single playoff game

I disagree the window will be open for only three years, Miami is one of the youngest teams in the NFL, once the team finds the right combination of complementary players, and they learn what it takes to win, this will be a team that will be heard from for a good while.

Yeah, a lot of ifs. Meanwhile, NE swept us (without Brady in the first game, and without Gronk in the second), got to their sixth AFC championship game in a row, and now their ninth Super Bowl. So I don't share your optimism that the days of the Dolphins dominating them are right around the corner.

Tannehill and the rest of the team getting used to the new Offense in the 1st game (And still came within a last TD attempt to tie), Missing our starting QB the 2nd time around could be a reason for that...the year before, in a game the Patriots needed to win, Miami pretty much man handled them. Get those IFs taken care of, and I have no doubt Miami has a chance of unseating the Pats.

1. AS been brought up again and again, when the O-line had the whole line healthy, they were I believe 9-1...get a quality Guard if Albert stays, or get at least two solid Guards if he leaves, and Miami fixed one of those IFs.

2. Tannehill has proven to be tough, and to this point, his recovery does not seem to be so critical that surgery is expected, if he is able to get by without surgery, he should be 100% by camp, if they determine that surgery will have to be done, by the 3rd to 4th game at the latest (Team would just need to win a couple of those game with Moore), Tannehill should be at worse back at the helm by a few games into the season. This IF could be the easiest.

3. Kiko proved to at the very least be an OK Mike, and potentially very good Will LB, find at least one more LB that you can count on, with the addition of Jones being back, the corners being one more year together, and with the D-line Miami has, they could be a more consistent defense.

4. Finally the toughest, if they are not able to find that quality TE, then Simms and Gray are solid enough to get it done, but if they do find that TE, this Offense will jump way up in quality.

Your right though, it's just my opinion, and until Miami proves they can do it, it's just hopes and dreams of what could be, but if Gase is the HC I hope he is, this could be a sooner then later reality.

Preview

I think the biggest factor is whether Tannehill can morph into a QB that takes us to the SB, that's hard to tell when he hasn't even played a single playoff game

I'm not the most positive Tannehill guy . . . but I try to be optimistic about the Fins in general.

I saw encouraging improvements from 17 . . . in areas that were clear weaknesses. I'm taking the positive step in believing under Gase it will only get better. It absolutely SUCKS that this kid may have to have surgery and miss valuable time this offseason rehabbing instead of being out there with DVP and company building something special

I agree, it would of been great to see how Ryan handled going up to Buffalo in those conditions . . . or playing @ Pittsburgh with that defense buzzing the way they were. That experience is invaluable . . . but you gotta admire this guys toughness and the work he has put in to become a better QB. The talent is clearly there . . . he puts it all together, anything is possible.

I didn't watch a lot of football in 2016 outside of the Dolphins, but there aren't that many good quarterbacks out there . . . certainly could do a lot worse than Ryan Tannehill behind center. He's a top 15 QB with top 5 potential if he puts it all together under Gase.

Oakland, dallas and falcons have better qb than dolphins. the bottom line is dolphins will only go as fur as thill17 skilled level. is he on superbowl level as qb. the same thing in kc....

Oakland, dallas and falcons have better qb than dolphins. the bottom line is dolphins will only go as fur as thill17 skilled level. is he on superbowl level as qb. the same thing in kc....

Gase and Andy Reid will coach their qb, but at end of day qb on field must make plays.

Ultimately . . . Alex Smith is just too darn limited to ever reach the highs that Tannehill could reach. But Tannehill could certainly take a few thing from Alex Smith's game and add to his arsenal. Alex gets rid of the ball quick and he moves more instinctually than Ryan does. Ryan needs to continue to pick the right spots to use his legs and move those chains. That type of stuff takes a lot of pressure off the offensive line. Just needs to get more natural back there and not overthink things.

I'm not the most positive Tannehill guy . . . but I try to be optimistic about the Fins in general.

I saw encouraging improvements from 17 . . . in areas that were clear weaknesses. I'm taking the positive step in believing under Gase it will only get better. It absolutely SUCKS that this kid may have to have surgery and miss valuable time this offseason rehabbing instead of being out there with DVP and company building something special

I agree, it would of been great to see how Ryan handled going up to Buffalo in those conditions . . . or playing @ Pittsburgh with that defense buzzing the way they were. That experience is invaluable . . . but you gotta admire this guys toughness and the work he has put in to become a better QB. The talent is clearly there . . . he puts it all together, anything is possible.

I didn't watch a lot of football in 2016 outside of the Dolphins, but there aren't that many good quarterbacks out there . . . certainly could do a lot worse than Ryan Tannehill behind center. He's a top 15 QB with top 5 potential if he puts it all together under Gase.

Such ****ty luck, I would have loved to see Tannehill play NE in week 17 or see how he handled the pressure against the Steelers.

Put Tannehill behind those O-line for his career, you would not be saying that.

Put Tannehill behind those O-line for his career, you would not be saying that.
I do not bs. just being real with what dolphins need to do to get too next level. I put it out there how I see it. I am not going say thill17 better than someone if he is not. thill17 rank 20 best qb in nfl.

If you mean a healthy Romo then I'll give you the Cowboys, no way you can say Dak is better, especially with just 1 year under his belt.

The fins must win 12-14 games to have a realistic shot at the superbowl. Without a top 10 defense and offense, we are pissing into the wind.
I think Gase will get us there eventually, and I also believe our window is 8-10 years with Tannehill

You have the qb and you have the coach theres no reason the window should close

3 years probably more about suh and wake and reshads window

The offense is full of pups at the skill positions

Back
Top Bottom