BIGO is on. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BIGO is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiedler should thank the Miami Dolphins for giving him so much money for a QB that has no passing skills what so ever.

Fiedler has pulled the best prank of all. He's acted like a football player and got LOTS of money for it.

Nonetheless, it came from my favortie teams' pocket.

Muck, usually I'd say you really gave it the guy. On this occasion however, I feel he just doesn't have the skills to express himself as eleoquently as you do. His point is well taken by myself and many others ( even if his tone wasn't).

We may not have a real qB on this roster, maybe we do, but one thing that's for certain is Jay is not the answer and by giving him that high salary and keeping him we are opening ourselves up to failure for alot of the same reasons as you said.

He is respected by his peers, he is atough mofo, and he will compete. Those attributes may get him to have his fellow athletes rise to his side, at the detriment of the team. I truly admire the man for his toughness and his heart ( I've played the game and now those hits can make a weak man back down), but when a man just doesn't have enough to take your team to the promised land eventually you've got to go another direction. The Phins right now are stuck in neutral, not really going in another direction and not really staying the course either.

We have to cut the cord loose and go in another direction before we really ever see any changes, for the better, or for worse.

Don't take me wrong man, I;m not calling you out or anything, I just think at this time another perspective is needed.

Originally posted by Muck

It's not that my opinion is more important than anyone else's. I just think your opinion is completely off base. For some reason, it really rubbed me the wrong way. So I guess I'm going to call you out on it and not pull many punches.

First of all, show me where I professed all this love and worship of Jay Fiedler. Heck, I challenge you to look thru this thread and show ONE SENTENCE where I said anything regarding Jay Fiedler's ability, performance, or my like or dislike of the guy. You can't, because I never said anything about it.

So in short, you're not even addressing what I wrote. And you're making stuff up. And if that's how you're gonna play it, you're out of your league here.

And the "immature" part I referred to was the "foot up the ***, etc" stuff. I mean, come on. And here you go again with the "hole" comment. It's just that crude, uninformed, I'm-an-expert character that irritates me. You aren't the first. Unfortunately, it's an all too common phenomenon.

If you felt insulted, well, I'm not sorry for it. That was sort of the intent. I was insulted by your post (although it was not directed at me). I just get tired of people dogpiling the guy for things that just aren't true.

Jay is a "me first" player?? I guess you missed the 2000 season, where he played with his arms falling off. Or all the times he gave up his body to make a play. All the times he played injured. Or how he has the absolute respect of his teammates for being a warrior. Me first players typically don't do well in the locker room. Or in the huddle. Or with their coaches. But for some reason, this "me first player" does. Hmmm.....

If all you can muster for "evidence" of "me first" are these business aspects of things, then I guess we have 53 "me first" players on the team.

And once again, I still have not made even one reference to my like or dislike of Jay Fiedler.

Also, I find the "step aside and let a real QB take over the team" part laughable. First, show me this "real QB" we have on our roster. Secondly, I challenge you to show me one newspaper article, quote, etc that has the gaul to even insinuate that Jay is afraid of competition. If there is one thing that's agreed upon by the papers, it's the fact that guy isn't afraid to compete.

Thirdly, the Dolphins made it clear they were trying to replace him. They told him they were cutting his pay. They told him to seek a trade. Say what you want about the guy, but he isn't running away from anything. It would be easier to just leave all this hate behind and join a new team. But he's sticking it out. And again, that leads us to the business side of things and protecting yourself financially. And you know what?? It worked. The Dolphins waffled and Jay got to keep his money. Again, he beats the odds and keeps a job.

Finally, just to clarify (and further shoot down your post), I called for the guy's head last year, along with Wanny's. I was ready to move on. Still am. And I feel that his current pricetag is far too high for a backup. But if he wins the competition, he should keep his salary. If he loses, we have one of the best backup QBs in football. But we would need to cut his salary down.

I don't care much for your opinion either so we even there. The first thing, you said you think the team was showing Jay respect and the way you worded it it seemed as though you agree. Then you tell me "I have no Idea what so ever, what I'm talking about" add this up sounds like your defending Jay, to me.

You resopnd in just one paragraph about me and others, we are"Out of our league,crude, uninformed and an, I'm- an-expert type of characters Unfourtunetley you arent the first it's an all to common phenomenon"? Where do get this stuff? You say, "I don't think my opinion is more important then anyone elses" and you turn around and contradict yourself with that response.Then you tell me you not only don't care that you insulted me but it was your intent and, I'm the immature one?

You have no problem jumping into other peoples conversations and telling them about the rules and you ban people for it, and you not only do it yourself but you then brag about it, you then in a later paragraph tell me how "you will further shoot down my post", another insult and knowing no one will ban you....all I can say to that is, WOW!

As for Jay I've read several stories about Jay not being lockeroom favorite. I never said Jay did not have heart, I said he stinks as a QB and has no talent, I stand by that. I'm not talking about Jay being a me first type of player when it comes to his contract I'm refering to where he stands on this team and he did not want to be here if he was not going to be a starter, the sad part is Jay only came back because his homeboy Dave talked to him and we all Know how Dave feels about Jay. Dave to me, is just as useless as Jay.

As for Jay not running away your right, he's not he knows he has no other option, NOBODY ELSE WANTS HIM!!!!!!!! Jay knows Dave is the only idiot in the league that would give him a shot to start...sounds self motivated to me.
You say, " It would be eaiser for Jay to just leave all this hate behind"?????? Obviously if there is so much hate, then there must be a lot of "uninformed,crude,I'm-an-expert type of fans such as myself that HATE him. Thank you for helping me prove many of my points from above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay not being a locker room favorite ? What planet have you been on? Jay get's nothing but love from the locker room. Just because you hate the guy don't mean you have to start making **** up. Jay may suck, but no one questions his toughness and the respect he gets from the 53 guys he plays with every sunday..

Originally posted by DolphinzD

So going into training camps, is Derrius Thompson listed to start ahead of David Boston? :D

Ya know, it wouldn't *surprise* me, just for the sake of respect, BUT, that is one of the situations where the bona fide superstar walks in and gets the snaps with the first team from day one.

Look at it this way. Let's say we had kept Lamar Smith and picked up Ricky. I would expect they'd have Lamar penciled in as the starter the day Ricky arrives at his first camp, then, well ... you know how it goes ... they start working them both with the first team equally, then as camp goes along, Ricky starts getting more and more of the snaps.

That's how I imagine Feeley's camp will go, as long as Feeley demonstrates he can get the job done. Jay's been the starter for 4 years, and in THIS particular offense for 2 years. They'll make allowance for that in assessing Feeley's performance. He'll just have to show (which I have no doubt that he will), that he can pick it up and execute it with good awareness. They'll cut him some slack for mistakes due to lack of familiarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to worry about here IMO. If the competition is anything near close, A.J. gets the job.

I don't agree. I think Jay will have to play awfully bad in preseason coupled with AJ being spectacular in order for AJ to win the starting job. Wannstedt still decides who will play on Sunday, and that will be Jay if the competition is close IMO.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Muck, usually I'd say you really gave it the guy. On this occasion however, I feel he just doesn't have the skills to express himself as eleoquently as you do. His point is well taken by myself and many others ( even if his tone wasn't).

We may not have a real qB on this roster, maybe we do, but one thing that's for certain is Jay is not the answer and by giving him that high salary and keeping him we are opening ourselves up to failure for alot of the same reasons as you said.

He is respected by his peers, he is atough mofo, and he will compete. Those attributes may get him to have his fellow athletes rise to his side, at the detriment of the team. I truly admire the man for his toughness and his heart ( I've played the game and now those hits can make a weak man back down), but when a man just doesn't have enough to take your team to the promised land eventually you've got to go another direction. The Phins right now are stuck in neutral, not really going in another direction and not really staying the course either.

We have to cut the cord loose and go in another direction before we really ever see any changes, for the better, or for worse.

Don't take me wrong man, I;m not calling you out or anything, I just think at this time another perspective is needed.

That's totally fine. I'm not insulted or anything like that. And I certainly don't disagree with your opinion on Fiedler. I think we all can agree that he isn't the answer. And I never stated otherwise.

I just don't agree when people start adding BS reasons to it.

Originally posted by feelthepain
I don't care much for your opinion either so we even there. The first thing, you said you think the team was showing Jay respect and the way you worded it it seemed as though you agree. Then you tell me "I have no Idea what so ever, what I'm talking about" add this up sounds like your defending Jay, to me.

I do agree with the team showing him respect. If he is on this team, and they don't bring in a Steve McNair/Peyton Manning type of player, then I think he deserves that. So in that sense, I am defending Jay. Is that wrong?? I don't think so. Things aren't "all or nothing" with me, whereas they are the opposite with you.

You think I might be defending one aspect of the "Jay Fiedler era". So I'm automatically a "Jay worshipper" in your book. You feel that Jay isn't the man for the job. So you disregard several facts to strengthen your point.

I think competition is a good thing. And besides being the classy thing to do, letting Jay compete for his job....with better lineman and receivers....says something to other Dolphins, current or potential. It paints the organization in a good light.

You resopnd in just one paragraph about me and others, we are"Out of our league,crude, uninformed and an, I'm- an-expert type of characters Unfourtunetley you arent the first it's an all to common phenomenon"? Where do get this stuff?

- The only thing Jay gets from me is a foot up his a**, and a don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!"
- "Are you posting from the little dark brown hole that follows Jay everywhere he goes?"

Oh, my bad. :rolleyes:

As for uninformed, see "me first", "not a locker room favorite", etc.

You say, "I don't think my opinion is more important then anyone elses" and you turn around and contradict yourself with that response.Then you tell me you not only don't care that you insulted me but it was your intent and, I'm the immature one?

You don't see me talking about "brown holes" and "sticking my foot in someone's ***", do you? Nor do you see me inventing facts. My opinion is no more relevant than anyone else's here. I just feel like mine is more accurate than yours.

You have no problem jumping into other peoples conversations and telling them about the rules and you ban people for it, and you not only do it yourself but you then brag about it

Now your really grasping at straws. Show me where I broke TOS. Good luck there. :lol: All I did was call you out, and had fun reading your responses. :tongue:

...you then in a later paragraph tell me how "you will further shoot down my post", another insult and knowing no one will ban you....all I can say to that is, WOW!

:rofl: Here's what I said to "futher insult you"........

"Finally, just to clarify (and further shoot down your post), I called for the guy's head last year, along with Wanny's. I was ready to move on. Still am. And I feel that his current pricetag is far too high for a backup. But if he wins the competition, he should keep his salary. If he loses, we have one of the best backup QBs in football. But we would need to cut his salary down."

Wow, I wasn't aware that debunking incorrect assumptions of my opinion was a bannable offense. Thanks for the clarification. I will now ban 3,400 other members for stating their opinions as well.

I'm sorry for insulting you when I cleared up your misconceptions about where I stand on the subject. Next time I'll just change my opinion and go with the flow. Seriously, If your claims are baseless, then you should be insulted.....by your own misconceptions.

As for Jay I've read several stories about Jay not being lockeroom favorite.

Really?? I've never read one in four years. All I've read is that he keeps to himself and doesn't make waves. Never once read about him not being liked.

I never said Jay did not have heart, I said he stinks as a QB and has no talent, I stand by that. I'm not talking about Jay being a me first type of player when it comes to his contract I'm refering to where he stands on this team and he did not want to be here if he was not going to be a starter, the sad part is Jay only came back because his homeboy Dave talked to him and we all Know how Dave feels about Jay. Dave to me, is just as useless as Jay.

This is where you're wrong. Jay didn't want to stay if he wasn't going to get the chance to compete. Name one starter in this league who after being told #1) that he would be replaced #2) he must take a pay cut #3) to seek a trade.....all despite the fact that no other relevant QB was on the roster and the identity of said replacement was not even known........would want to stick around without the assurance that he would be able to at least compete for his job. Those are some pretty big concessions to make.

As for Jay not running away your right, he's not he knows he has no other option, NOBODY ELSE WANTS HIM!!!!!!!! Jay knows Dave is the only idiot in the league that would give him a shot to start...sounds self motivated to me.

Is there a valid point here??

Miami proved to be the best fit for him once again, both financially and professionally. He gets his chance to compete again for a good team and has his original contract intact (although there are rumors that Jay will restructure if he loses the competition). He knows the offense. He knows the coaches, teammates, the area. Sounds like he got exactly what he wanted. Wouldn't you do the same thing?? Who gives a rat's behind what everyone else thinks. This was his ideal situation.

As for motivation, if you're an NFL player and you're not looking out for yourself, you really need to reevaluate. But once the "business" end of things is taken care of, everything shifts back to football. And as you said, there's no question about his heart or motivation there.

You say, " It would be eaiser for Jay to just leave all this hate behind"?????? Obviously if there is so much hate, then there must be a lot of "uninformed,crude,I'm-an-expert type of fans such as myself that HATE him.

I agree.

Thank you for helping me prove many of my points from above.

You're welcome. :tongue:

I dont see all of this locker room support for j. I remember Chester saying something about if we are going to turn the ball over so much on O then the D has to get some TOs to make up for it. When we win j is up in front of the press saying me, i and moi, when we lose hes sayin we us and them. Hes not a pro calibre QB and everyone in that locker room knows this.

The players respect jay but deep down they know he's not the answer waiting for the FO to draft RD1 or trade or sign a FA QB that warrents them to get a star for the future or present and cough up the money and stop signing 2nd and 3rd stringers and trying to get lucky for peanuts:cool:

I do agree with the team showing him respect. If he is on this team, and they don't bring in a Steve McNair/Peyton Manning type of player, then I think he deserves that. So in that sense, I am defending Jay. Is that wrong?? I don't think so. Things aren't "all or nothing" with me, whereas they are the opposite with you.

You think I might be defending one aspect of the "Jay Fiedler era". So I'm automatically a "Jay worshipper" in your book. You feel that Jay isn't the man for the job. So you disregard several facts to strengthen your point.

I think competition is a good thing. And besides being the classy thing to do, letting Jay compete for his job....with better lineman and receivers....says something to other Dolphins, current or potential. It paints the organization in a good light.

- The only thing Jay gets from me is a foot up his a**, and a don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!"
- "Are you posting from the little dark brown hole that follows Jay everywhere he goes?"

Oh, my bad. :rolleyes:

As for uninformed, see "me first", "not a locker room favorite", etc.

You don't see me talking about "brown holes" and "sticking my foot in someone's ***", do you? Nor do you see me inventing facts. My opinion is no more relevant than anyone else's here. I just feel like mine is more accurate than yours.

Now your really grasping at straws. Show me where I broke TOS. Good luck there. :lol: All I did was call you out, and had fun reading your responses. :tongue:

:rofl: Here's what I said to "futher insult you"........

"Finally, just to clarify (and further shoot down your post), I called for the guy's head last year, along with Wanny's. I was ready to move on. Still am. And I feel that his current pricetag is far too high for a backup. But if he wins the competition, he should keep his salary. If he loses, we have one of the best backup QBs in football. But we would need to cut his salary down."

Wow, I wasn't aware that debunking incorrect assumptions of my opinion was a bannable offense. Thanks for the clarification. I will now ban 3,400 other members for stating their opinions as well.

I'm sorry for insulting you when I cleared up your misconceptions about where I stand on the subject. Next time I'll just change my opinion and go with the flow. Seriously, If your claims are baseless, then you should be insulted.....by your own misconceptions.

Really?? I've never read one in four years. All I've read is that he keeps to himself and doesn't make waves. Never once read about him not being liked.

This is where you're wrong. Jay didn't want to stay if he wasn't going to get the chance to compete. Name one starter in this league who after being told #1) that he would be replaced #2) he must take a pay cut #3) to seek a trade.....all despite the fact that no other relevant QB was on the roster and the identity of said replacement was not even known........would want to stick around without the assurance that he would be able to at least compete for his job. Those are some pretty big concessions to make.

Is there a valid point here??

Miami proved to be the best fit for him once again, both financially and professionally. He gets his chance to compete again for a good team and has his original contract intact (although there are rumors that Jay will restructure if he loses the competition). He knows the offense. He knows the coaches, teammates, the area. Sounds like he got exactly what he wanted. Wouldn't you do the same thing?? Who gives a rat's behind what everyone else thinks. This was his ideal situation.

As for motivation, if you're an NFL player and you're not looking out for yourself, you really need to reevaluate. But once the "business" end of things is taken care of, everything shifts back to football. And as you said, there's no question about his heart or motivation there.

I agree.

Your welcome. :tongue:

Ya' know your opinion is yours and mine is mine, everything I have written is based opinion and facts. Just because you and you self proclaimed all knowing knowledge is not the same as mine does not mean I make things up. I'm to old for that. Who do you think you are telling me I'm wrong based on your opinion? Your not the teams personal speaker and we are all able to feel and think what we like based on what we see read and hear.

Just because you don't agree does not make make you right. It's sad that you feel because another member of this site says something you don't care for you have to respond with this almighty attitude. Why do you feel you need to respond this way? You invite rebuttle by responding the way you do nobody likes to feel like an *** just because of their own opinion. You keep saying I make things up, If I say jay is not a locker room Favorite I'm not making this up I read it in a press clip so if it's wrong ,and I don't believe it is then who are you to tell me I'm making things up? Is this how you respond when someone doesn't say what you want to hear?

This whole thing started from me responding to your opinion on Jay. I then responded to your opinion with one of my own. This is the way it should be. You then returned a response with attitude and insults. I'll just pass on resonding to anything you say as you think your opinion is always right and everyone elses is wrong and made up.

say tuned for previews of the next episode of "As Finheaven Turns"........

Originally posted by phinsfan1221
The players respect jay but deep down they know he's not the answer waiting for the FO to draft RD1 or trade or sign a FA QB that warrents them to get a star for the future or present and cough up the money and stop signing 2nd and 3rd stringers and trying to get lucky for peanuts:cool:

And there you have it. I believe the same thing.

:lol: I know man. It's dumb. We could go on forever. The last post is just sitting there, thrown underhand. Usually I'd just ignore all this mess. But when my post was quoted and responded to with stuff that just irks me, I couldn't help myself. :chuckle:

No more fighting unarmed men. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom