Bill Belichick Comments On Dolphins' Improvements Since Week 2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Belichick Comments On Dolphins' Improvements Since Week 2

Belichick never gives the opposition bulletin board material. He's known for complimenting his competitors strengths and playing into their perceived goals. Buyer beware - because on game day, his intention is to smash and dominate you.

Last edited:
1) I think the Patriots are going to put a hurting on the Dolphins this week.
2) While he does always fluff the opposing team, I believe he’s actually being somewhat honest this time.
3) Point 2 doesn’t negate point 1.

BB and "honest" are 2 words that are rarely used in the same sentence, but since you put the qualifier of somewhat in there, I'll let it slide.

BB's presser's are always objective about what his opponents positives are and he never discusses their weaknesses.

This isn't lying, it is just a limited observation of his opponent referencing what is generally known to be true and only on the positive aspects of their performance. Everything he says can be confirmed by watching NFL game day tapes and the other teams record. He's not looking to start any arguments and he doesn't allow himself to be drawn into any. New NFL players could learn a lot about dealing with the press by watching his pressers.

I've found that when the press stays with questions about football, he gives straightforward responses and occasionally some insight into what's going on during a given play. This doesn't play well with the hyper emotional fans of the opposition, but that's not his problem.

BB's presser's are always objective about what his opponents positives are and he never discusses their weaknesses.

This isn't lying, it is just a limited observation of his opponent referencing what is generally known to be true and only on the positive aspects of their performance. Everything he says can be confirmed by watching NFL game day tapes and the other teams record. He's not looking to start any arguments and he doesn't allow himself to be drawn into any. New NFL players could learn a lot about dealing with the press by watching his pressers.

I've found that when the press stays with questions about football, he gives straightforward responses and occasionally some insight into what's going on during a given play. This doesn't play well with the hyper emotional fans of the opposition, but that's not his problem.
Spot on. BB and the patriots beat us in Gillette. But there is a lot of truth to what he said.

Belichick is always praising his upcoming opponent and then he sends his team out to devour them, It will be no different this week. The only chance the Dolphins might have had in the game would have been if the game meant nothing to the Patriots in regards to the playoffs and Belichick decided to rest Brady and most of the starters. Since they need the win to secure a first round bye, it should be a fairly easy win for the Patriots.

He always makes it sound as if the other team is the 72 Dolphins.

It's a psych job.

He is trying to psych HIS players and our players.

The media just make it easy for him by always asking the same IDIOTIC questions

like lobotomized little parrots.

Guys, we get what Bellichick does with praise for opponent before a game. I think a dozen of you have already said that. :rolleyes: Can we talk about how what he said is actually accurate this time? I expect us to be beaten, but I also think we'll be a scrappy irritation for them, if nothing else.

The real questions are these:

1) Can we move the ball relatively mistake free against their #1 defense?
2) Can we limit the Patriots' running game, forcing them to throw to a depleted Patriot WR core?

If we can do either of those things, the game will be competitive. If not, it will be a long day.

He always basically says “Imagine that team with that talent if I were coaching them” no matter who it is.

Back
Top Bottom