Bill Belichik has Ronnie Brown in his sights... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Belichik has Ronnie Brown in his sights...

other teams will throw a boatload of cash at ronnie brown. we probably won't pay the man. We have a history of not paying for elite talent. I have no idea how in the hell we managed to sign brandon marshall.

Perhaps our new MO is to underutilize our best players for the sake of remaining mediocre and not making any "mistakes".

In the past 2 seasons Ronnie Brown has 263 carries and 4 rushes over 20 yards
and if you think thats bad Rickey has 333 carries and 5 rushes over 20 yards

9 RUSHING plays of over 20 yards on 596 carries...FREAKIN SAD

If New England or some other team wants to overpay a 30 year old RB with a history of injuries, then more power to them.

BRADY could make people forget P MANNING if NE had a topshelf running attack. Then again, MANNING could make people forget BRADY if INDY had a topshelf running game.

BROWN has already shown that he can also catch a football, AND be a legit POWER RB. He still runs away from all LBs and S's, and most CBs simply can't handle him. He'd be that proverbial "match made in Heaven" for either of those teams. Maybe that's where the bidding war for his services will be...while stupid PIS, along w/HENNING, continue to sit around and yank each other's chain.

I don't mind letting Ronnie walk. He isn't explosive, dances waaay too much, can't outrun anyone, and is injury prone. As long as he doesn't go to New England I wouldn't care.

Ronnie would have a few career best seasons with NE. I see no reason why that would not be his first stop as a Free Agent. They have no clear cut back and Ronnie is better than anything they currently have on the roster. Not to mention Ronnie is a TEAM PLAYER and NE loves a good team player.

Ronnie is good at picking up a blitz, chip blocking and hitting the flats, catching the ball, pounding the rock late in games, hitting holes (Not that you see more than 2-3 a game here in Miami, but they really do exist and most teams create them 8-12 times a game.)

I do not see the Front Office giving Ronnie a new contract. So he will sign with NE and play like a TOP 10 RB, then people here will say stuff like...

He is only doing it b/c of the Tom Brady factor...
He is only doing it b/c of BilliCheat and his systems...

I have no doubt that in the right system Ronnie Brown will run through holes, not dance behind the pass blocking OL like we have here. That system very well could be New England. If that happens look for Ronnie to be a factor in our losses to NE in the future.

I hate to say it but we need to worry about what our team does first, if that happens, it happens. He has been slightly above average here and injury prone.

Brown stinks. Great guy though. Go to New England. Whatevs.

Only you would say that. Haven't you been around long enough to know that EX dolphin players that go ANYWHERE destroy us. Imagine Ronnie in New England for 5+ years. I doubt u were around in 07 when we went 1-15 and ronnie was having a ridiculous season. He was used properly.

I think our O-line is an issue. Play calling first and foremost is the worst though. We should practice screens, they work.

In Miami we are great at ruining players and talent. Even Marshall isn't his normal self (yes i know the yds/rec are on pace almost)

Let Ricky go. Keep RB and draft a scat back. Ricky and Ronnie are both like the OP said, 20+ carry runners. They may start slow but as you feed them they break runs. Problem is u cant give Ronnie 25 carries and Ricky 20. Thats more than half the offense and ricky has been a fumble machine and is older.

No one is throwing big money at a 30 RB with a long list of injuries. Not sure where anyone thinks he still has all the tools. He no longer has breakaway speed (not sure he every really did) and dances around in the backfield as if he has the quickness if Barry Sanders (he clearly doesn't). One 1000 yard season (barely) in 6 seasons is not elite.

Don't get me wrong, I've always loved his attitude, but don't think for a second he can't be replaced and upgraded. If the Pats get him it will be on the cheap, like they always sign their vets. He may perform there but he will not be a rock star by any means. They don't need a rock star at RB. They have one at QB where it really matters.

I'd rather try M.Tolbert, L.Washington, A.Bradshaw, D.Williams or M.Bush as FA's next year. M.Tolbert and L.Washington would make a real nice one two punch with Washington solving our returnman issues as well.

man brown is a good guy but he sucks balls but you people act like he's going to turn into emmit smith in NE lolloolol he sucks dick

Can't blame him for wanting him, Ronnie B is a play maker. When he was at Auburn he made plays from the rb, fb, te, and wr position, it was awsome to watch. I still can't understand why this regime doesn't use him more in the passing game. To many people here down the guy, not understanding that our o-line and OC is the reason he and Ricky are both struggling to make plays this year.

Back
Top Bottom