Bill Belichik has Ronnie Brown in his sights... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Belichik has Ronnie Brown in his sights...

I hope we let him go. He hasn't lived up to #2 pick status because of injuries and he is starting to get up there in age as far as RBs go. He could have been great if he wasn't made of glass. Time to move on.

Ronnie would have a few career best seasons with NE. I see no reason why that would not be his first stop as a Free Agent. They have no clear cut back and Ronnie is better than anything they currently have on the roster. Not to mention Ronnie is a TEAM PLAYER and NE loves a good team player.

Ronnie is good at picking up a blitz, chip blocking and hitting the flats, catching the ball, pounding the rock late in games, hitting holes (Not that you see more than 2-3 a game here in Miami, but they really do exist and most teams create them 8-12 times a game.)

I do not see the Front Office giving Ronnie a new contract. So he will sign with NE and play like a TOP 10 RB, then people here will say stuff like...

He is only doing it b/c of the Tom Brady factor...
He is only doing it b/c of BilliCheat and his systems...

I have no doubt that in the right system Ronnie Brown will run through holes, not dance behind the pass blocking OL like we have here. That system very well could be New England. If that happens look for Ronnie to be a factor in our losses to NE in the future.
I totally agree. I would offer him a 2 year 6 million deal (incentives), 2 million singing bonus and then have an option on a 3r year. I think that is fair, would almost pay it not to see him go to NE and play like I think he can.

Brown stinks. Great guy though. Go to New England. Whatevs.

You may not care right now but once you see him in NE tearing it up (which I am 100% sure if he Cora to NE he will tear it up) everyone that bash's him will be woundering why we let him go mark my word on that he will be the Ronnie we had in 07 before he tore his acl

You may not care right now but once you see him in NE tearing it up (which I am 100% sure if he Cora to NE he will tear it up) everyone that bash's him will be woundering why we let him go mark my word on that he will be the Ronnie we had in 07 before he tore his acl

You damn right. Then these people here saying hes washed up and bad will say "WOW IRELAND AND CO MESS UP AGAIN"

They made HEATH ****ING EVANS run for 100 on us. A fullback who sucks.

Ronnie hasn't been featured in this offense since 07 and we know what happened then. Ricky needs to go. Ronnie needs to be resigned for something like 3 years 20 mill. Draft a scat back.

I know his injury history but they aren't nagging things like a player with a bad knee or something. He has had 2 freak injuries. ACL tear while trying to tackle someone. Breaks foot, freak play. And another injury where he broke his fingers or hand or something getting caught in a face mask.

Show me the stats... I'm pretty sure this guy has averagers 5 YPC + when getting 20+ carries. Whens the last time he's had 20 carries? Jesus who the **** knows.

Unfortunately, IMO, I don't think we re-sign Ronnie. He wants to get PAID and we will want to go younger and cheaper.

He is not going . BB never pays for RB.
Let see with 2 First and 2 2nd [one of them panther looks like low First rds]
2 3rd and 2 4th why pay alot for a RB when you can draft 1 .

I have seen it come up multiple times. Good ole coach Bill has seen the potential of this guy and wants him badly. He has made the like of Danny "I Cant see over high curbs" Woodhead and "The Law Firm" BenJavis Green Ellis, look like probowl running backs. Imagine what he will do with Ronnie Brown.

Belicheat himself said "He is underutilized and has loads of talent". Any of you guys who believe he doesnt, are either nuts or have the intelligence level of Tony Sparano (yes that's an insult). Any running back can look sub-par if they are only handed the ball 3 times, 5 times, 7 times, etc. Running backs like Ronnie and Ricky need to get going. How many times in 2003 did Ricky Williams enter the 3rd quarter with stats that looked like this...14 carries 35 yards....or similar? TONS! But we fed him the ball over and over and he would end up with 28 carries for 150. Barry Sanders would have 2 yards on his first 10 carries SO MANY TIMES! When it was said and done he had over 100 yards most of the time. You need to feed them the ball! Bill Belichik knows this and Tom Brady would play with constant smile on that pretty little face of his if he had the smiling #23 lined up behind him.

Belichik also knows that RB is much more than a ...well...RB. He can catch, command an offense and even throw. He is a leader, a balls to the wall, pedal to the medal Running Back, who deserves a heck of a lot better than he is getting in South Florida. I love my Dolphins, but I am officially making a plea to management and asking "PLEASE KEEP RONNIE BROWN (AND RICKY) AND GET RID OF THE REAL PROBLEMS...THE COACHING STAFF".

Ronnie is NOT old, he is NOT worn out....what he is, is UNDER UTILIZED. Miami needs to get the ball to their best players and those players include our running backs, and more importantly Ronnie "Big Game" Brown.

Come on Ron, demand the ball and prove me right....while you are still on our side. Because I know you will prove me right when you are on someone elses sidelines next year.

yeah, hey, at least hes not getting hurt this year....we finally font a way to keep him healthy, only hand it to him 5 times a game and let him dance in the backfield...

I want to get better, not keep average injury prone players, i dont care what they are paid. It amazes me how some people can't see past their love for a player. Whats the difference if he plays for free if he doesn't get it done on sundays we still suck. The guy is the definition of mediocr, and Bellicheck isn't paying him what he thinks he is worth. Time to upgrade here, not stay the same.

Miami has to be ready to beat ANY team with ANY players, even if they are old Dolphins players. If they can't do that, they will never rise up to the elite teams in the NFL.

RB will not make or break the Dolphins.... NE is not going to pay RB what his handlers think he is worth.... NE has proven they can win in a rebuilding year with multiple backs.... RB is a "nice" player... and that's about it.

Ronnie will take less money from NE than us, and will fill the roll of Corey Dillion II quite well for them. They have so many weapons, RB will see favorable matchups every time he hits the field for them. Of course he will be successful if he goes up there.

Meanwhile, when the salary cap comes back do you want big money tied up in a 30 year old perpetually dinged up running back who is not able to put the entire team on his shoulders and carry it to the playoffs? Until our offense is overhauled and we have weapons as diverse as the Patriots that's pretty much what we need him to do. For us, bad value. For the Patriots, good value.

i remember when people said the same thing about chris chambers.......

I have seen it come up multiple times. Good ole coach Bill has seen the potential of this guy and wants him badly. He has made the like of Danny "I Cant see over high curbs" Woodhead and "The Law Firm" BenJavis Green Ellis, look like probowl running backs. Imagine what he will do with Ronnie Brown.

Belicheat himself said "He is underutilized and has loads of talent". Any of you guys who believe he doesnt, are either nuts or have the intelligence level of Tony Sparano (yes that's an insult). Any running back can look sub-par if they are only handed the ball 3 times, 5 times, 7 times, etc. Running backs like Ronnie and Ricky need to get going. How many times in 2003 did Ricky Williams enter the 3rd quarter with stats that looked like this...14 carries 35 yards....or similar? TONS! But we fed him the ball over and over and he would end up with 28 carries for 150. Barry Sanders would have 2 yards on his first 10 carries SO MANY TIMES! When it was said and done he had over 100 yards most of the time. You need to feed them the ball! Bill Belichik knows this and Tom Brady would play with constant smile on that pretty little face of his if he had the smiling #23 lined up behind him.

Belichik also knows that RB is much more than a ...well...RB. He can catch, command an offense and even throw. He is a leader, a balls to the wall, pedal to the medal Running Back, who deserves a heck of a lot better than he is getting in South Florida. I love my Dolphins, but I am officially making a plea to management and asking "PLEASE KEEP RONNIE BROWN (AND RICKY) AND GET RID OF THE REAL PROBLEMS...THE COACHING STAFF".

Ronnie is NOT old, he is NOT worn out....what he is, is UNDER UTILIZED. Miami needs to get the ball to their best players and those players include our running backs, and more importantly Ronnie "Big Game" Brown.

Come on Ron, demand the ball and prove me right....while you are still on our side. Because I know you will prove me right when you are on someone elses sidelines next year.

Somebody needs to tell this to Henning

Back
Top Bottom