Bill Cowher | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher

:bobdole:

I hate the society we live in. All this national coverage about some sensitive little bitch who got his feelings hurt, took his ball, and went home to his parents.

If turns out that he truly is bi-polar or something like that, then fine I'll sing a different tune, but this mental issue card is played way too much so I'm not inclined to believe it until all the facts come out. Frankly, it's disrespectful to those who truly have mental issues.

LOL I am sorry but I just can't buy it. Faking a mental disorder is like faking being gay. You aren't gaining ANYTHING. There are people that won't trust him or understand him. He already has plenty of money, I just can't see someone throwing away their reputation just to get some sympathy, and CERTAINLY not for more money.

Chemical imbalances are real. Brains get damaged and need to be treated just like broken legs or torn ACLs. Brains can be treated but sometimes people need time to get the right treatments to again become healthy. I just don't buy someone in the public would throw his life away to fake such a thing.

It all depends who are we blaming for the Martin pick? Ireland or Philbin?

Ignorance of facts, knowing what is going on, how to get along with others, and so on. This "ignorance" is likely to have far reaching impact on Dolphin land. Could see that shakeup many of have wanted in terms of seeing a culture change in Miami. At the very least, I have concern about Philbin. I supported him in the beginning, but he has lost some of my support since all this shook down. I realize his faults in this may be overblown or understated, but all of this puts Ross in a tough position.

He was a sorry excuse for an offensive lineman anyway. Just cut bait and replace him in next year's draft.

Kinda funny when you consider the putzburgh locker has its fair share of thugs (all the way back to Ham & Lambert) and cheaters.

What the hell are you guys even talking about? It is clear that Martin was the one with the issue. Philbin is not on the hook for the little prank that was pulled that sent Martin over the edge.

So Martin is dealing with some personal issues, having troubles with "the game" and everything that
comes with it and it is Philbins fault?

None of you know how much Philbin knew, or if Martin even talked with anyone regarding his issues. Pure speculation... Need to reserve a seat for all you guys on a TMZ show with all this gossip.
He probably had no idea this was going on or turned a blind eye to it. Just the same way he didn't know he was raising a rapist in his own home.

Armando just tweeted this: ArmandoSalguero 1m
Former Dolphins DT Tim Bowens packed and was ready to leave team because he didn't want to be hazed. Don Shula found out. Hazing stopped.

I miss Don Shula now more than ever.

I have a problem with everyone defending Incognito, et al. Jonathan Martin is a genuine intellectual and has been the probable victim of 2 years sustained personal attack by Incognito and others, in the name of trying to toughen him up. He has effectively been coerced to squander his hard earned money on their dinners ($?K - not cheap, they are all big eaters) and extravaganzas in Las Vegas ($15K), because he was rookie and this is part of one of the team rituals. The cafeteria incident was probably just the straw that broke the camel's back. After a probable litany of abuse (aka hazing), JMart reached his threshold. With the attention that this gathered, and Martin's unique position of having both parents Harvard educated (corporate attorney and professor), he is in a position to get top class legal advice.
While most probably think that Martin is at fault, I would argue that his teammates should have shown better judgement than persistently behaving in this manner. Richie Incognito has a proud track record of being the dirtiest player in the NFL. He is a decent player, but his contract is up at the end of this season and he is expendable.
My immediate reaction is that a strong case can be made that Martin is a victim and he is in a position of legal strength and the team and the NFL and the NFLPA all probably know it. All will get top legal advice and Incognito's days are probably numbered. Martin's days as a Dolphin are probably numbered too.
Question - Who are the likely winners? Answer - The Attorneys

I have a problem with everyone defending Incognito, et al. Jonathan Martin is a genuine intellectual and has been the probable victim of 2 years sustained personal attack by Incognito and others, in the name of trying to toughen him up. He has effectively been coerced to squander his hard earned money on their dinners ($?K - not cheap, they are all big eaters) and
extravaganzas in Las Vegas ($15K), because he was rookie and this is part of one of the team rituals. The cafeteria incident was probably just the straw that broke the camel's back. After a probable litany of abuse (aka hazing), JMart reached his threshold. With the attention that this gathered, and Martin's unique position of having both parents Harvard educated (corporate attorney and professor), he is in a position to get top class legal advice.
While most probably think that Martin is at fault, I would argue that his teammates should have shown better judgement than persistently behaving in this manner. Richie Incognito has a proud track record of being the dirtiest player in the NFL. He is a decent player, but his contract is up at the end of this season and he is expendable.
My immediate reaction is that a strong case can be made that Martin is a victim and he is in a position of legal strength and the team and the NFL and the NFLPA all probably know it. All will get top legal advice and Incognito's days are probably numbered. Martin's days as a Dolphin are probably numbered too.
Question - Who are the likely winners? Answer - The Attorneys
I agree with everything you said. Further more I refuse to believe the higher ups did not know about any of this.

It all depends who are we blaming for the Martin pick? Ireland or Philbin?

Look, Martin was a first or second round guy on pretty much every board. It wasn't any reach to draft him. He was successful, well spoken, came from a pro style offense under a terrific coaching staff, and was probably recommended by Harbaugh on the side.

Not good for Joe....either
1. He did not know about it hence has no pulse of the team
2. Let it go
3. Tried to do something about it and it went on anyways

I do think Martin is a snake in this. I think he is handling it in very lawyer like fashion. Anyone know what his parents do for work?

Once Martin figured out what goes on on the NFL, he and his parents decided to "fix" the problem...IE..eventually sue.
I doubt he actually intended on playing a career in football. He has been over matched since his arrival.
Just sue the NFL and get his big payday.
Thanks to Jeff Ireland for another black eye.
Philbin has been asleep at the wheel. He doesn't command respect from the players. His mind is somewhere over the rainbow.

Once Martin figured out what goes on on the NFL, he and his parents decided to "fix" the problem...IE..eventually sue.
I doubt he actually intended on playing a career in football. He has been over matched since his arrival.
Just sue the NFL and get his big payday.
Thanks to Jeff Ireland for another black eye.
Philbin has been asleep at the wheel. He doesn't command respect from the players. His mind is somewhere over the rainbow.

I just can't see that someone would throw away a potential multimillion dollar job for the chance to sue the NFL and maybe get nothing. There's got to be something else to it.....

I just can't see that someone would throw away a potential multimillion dollar job for the chance to sue the NFL and maybe get nothing. There's got to be something else to it.....

Hypothetically, if there was a lawsuit, it would be huge. Think about the players coming out of the woodwork. Lawyers are always looking for another angle.

And let me be clear. Richie Incognito is a massive dickbag, and even though he is one of the only two decent starters we have on the OL, I don't want to see him extended.

But Jon Martin... this **** stinks. Let's find out what's really going on here, because I bet this is a lot more about #71 than about #68 and the rest.

IMO we need linemen with a mean streak , but not a bully against our own players , we need to find out the true aspect of what happen , but we need more Gs Ts with that Mean Streak , gotta be Mean and Tuff to be successful in todays league .

Back
Top Bottom