Bill Lazor needs to go. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor needs to go.

The OC and 'mental midget' at QB are putting up 24 points per game, which isn't bad. It's 14th in the NFL right now (top half), and it's the most we've put up per game since Don Shula was the head coach.

Bill Lazor is doing good work right now. There are things you can criticize, but when viewed through the prism of him being a first year NFL coordinator, that's minor stuff.

The OC and 'mental midget' at QB are putting up 24 points per game, which isn't bad. It's 14th in the NFL right now (top half), and it's the most we've put up per game since Don Shula was the head coach.

Bill Lazor is doing good work right now. There are things you can criticize, but when viewed through the prism of him being a first year NFL coordinator, that's minor stuff.

Lazor is very good. I have no idea why anyone would want him gone. Unfortunately, he is handicapped with QB. This offense would be a juggernaut with a more capable qb.

Agreed. However, in the interest of balance & levity, the intrawebz isn't exactly a Mensa meeting waiting to happen.

I don't care about any other site but this one regarding an IQ test. I think the site should be closed from posting threads during live games. If someone's going to make a foolish statement such as the one at the start of this thread at least it can be done after the game has ended.

RT a mental midget? RT may or may not be up there with Fitzpatrick or Alex Smith but he's heads & tails smarter than at least 90% of NFL QB's (Benny in potsburgh & Colin K for example)

JDW has a great point re: the scoring average.

My only gripe with Lazor is he seems to have given Tannehill no audible ability. That 4th and goal was an obvious audible. There were a few others. I never see him audible so I don't think he has the freedom to. Also the option runs are not true options. I would let Tannehill run a true option more often. He has a walk in TD on 1 goal line play if he keeps it. Predetermined handoff...

I don't care about any other site but this one regarding an IQ test. I think the site should be closed from posting threads during live games. If someone's going to make a foolish statement such as the one at the start of this thread at least it can be done after the game has ended.

I don't know about an IQ test. But, only the rational or pragmatic should post during games.

Lol blame the oc for ****ty qb play

Yep. Here we go again. Its always the play calling and/or the OC. Its never the execution of the plays.

We can keep switching OCs every year or we can get a competent QB.

Ever notice how the great QBs always have OCs who wind up getting head coaching gigs? Its funny how that works. When you have a good QB executing the offense, most play calls look genius. Because almost any play call will work when it is executed properly.

So we had an OC who had head coaching experience, had SUCCESS in the NFL with the exact same offense we were running, but it was his fault that the offense suddenly did not work for us the last 2 years. Sherman's plays would work just fine if a good QB ran them. Sherman was also handicapped as to what he could call because he was working with a QB who is very limited. Lazor is finding this out the hard way.

Lazor has the running game going with a rebuilt offensive line and is certainly mixing it up more than Sherman and while RT is not carrying the torch as well as we would like he appears to be flashing more under this system this year. Seeing as this really is Lazors first year as a OC I am willing to wait to see a bigger body of his work before throwing him under the bus as he is hsowing some promise so far. Half time adjustments by both he and Coyle appear to be working what is worrying is the team appears not to be prepared as well as they should in the first half of the game which comes back to Philbin IMO.

Yeah, our OC is so bad that our rushing attack is better than at any time I can remember outside of prime Ricky Williams or Lamar Smith. Plus, RT's 2nd half was fantastic because those play calls were damn good.
Our last offensive possession was frustrating but came down to execution. You could feel that we were more afraid of turning it over than going 3-out cuz the 3rd down run. We needed to play that possession as if we were the team trailing. It was that important.

But what we should have done there, IMO, was read-option. Make GB guess on where the ball's going. RT could easily picked up 4-5 yds a carry. He needs to keep it more. He hands off too many times when his path is open and the back has a D wall in front of him.

RT just seems too stupid, sadly. The accuracy thing is barely a problem compared to the rice pudding between his ears. He just doesn't get it.

Yeah, our OC is so bad that our rushing attack is better than at any time I can remember outside of prime Ricky Williams or Lamar Smith. Plus, RT's 2nd half was fantastic because those play calls were damn good.
Our last offensive possession was frustrating but came down to execution. You could feel that we were more afraid of turning it over than going 3-out cuz the 3rd down run. We needed to play that possession as if we were the team trailing. It was that important.

But what we should have done there, IMO, was read-option. Make GB guess on where the ball's going. RT could easily picked up 4-5 yds a carry. He needs to keep it more. He hands off too many times when his path is open and the back has a D wall in front of him.

RT just seems too stupid, sadly. The accuracy thing is barely a problem compared to the rice pudding between his ears. He just doesn't get it.

Ya sure its the QB making those decisions and not the head coach?

My only beef with Lazer today was in the fourth quarter when we should have been pounding the ball down their throats with 3 minutes left in the game, instead, he keeps passing and stopping the clock. It's like him and philbin were just giving the game away on purpose.
It was stated out of philbins mouth that the decision to run was his

Back
Top Bottom