Bill Lazor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
I believe he will be a head coach in next two to three years. Geez, how Saban spoke about Defense, lazor seems liike his clone when he speaks about offense and football in general. I'm impressed.

"There were just certain fundamentals as with any position that we feel is the best way to do it. That's the way we're leading them. No one's perfect. PGA golfers have swing coaches and they're making money and are not done yet. It's just a matter of coaching. We're coaches. We have a great love for what we do and the fundamentals of the game and to try to make guys the best they can be. That's what we're doing with Ryan. For his part and all the quarterbacks here, they're buying in and working hard.

"There is no 'I got it,'" Lazor said. "Never.

""II thought he had 10 good plays. I thought he showed command. I thought he was very decisive on the field. The ball came out of his hand on time with all of them. He has a really good grasp of what we're doing. My job is to push him. I've got to make it very hard for him out here on the practice field. I heard a rumor that some people reported we've made it hard to him on the field. That's on purpsoe. That's how you build a quarterback and he's coming."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...tweak-tannehills-technique.html#storylink=cpy

This press conference has some very power word as to he wants and demands.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...ll-Lazor/a7d26f88-c544-4846-92dc-6e1d9664f6f0

I hope it's as HC of the Dolphins... Last thing we want is the genius OC going off to build a Super Bowl team somewhere else and getting stuck with the mediocre coach instead (Like the Cowboys when Sean Payton left)

Wow, some good reporting from Armando for once.

I'd hold off on calling Lazor a genius until after the season.

Lazor might be the biggest acquisition we've had here in a while. The man is on a mission to right the wrong on our O. Should be a fun year

I hope it's as HC of the Dolphins... Last thing we want is the genius OC going off to build a Super Bowl team somewhere else and getting stuck with the mediocre coach instead (Like the Cowboys when Sean Payton left)

You know that is what will happen

Wow, some good reporting from Armando for once.

I'd hold off on calling Lazor a genius until after the season.

Ya, I don't know if he is or not, just saying if that does end up being the case, I don't want him leaving to go be some super bow HC somewhere else and we get stuck with Philbin and Mike Sherman Part II

Lazor:Tannehill working his butt off

To get fundamentals right.

When Bill Lazor came to the Dolphins with a reputation as something of a quarterback whisperer everyone knew change was coming for Ryan Tannehill. But the degree of the fundamental nature of that change is starting to become clear.

Lazor tweaked Tannehill's footwork. That is supposed to improve accuracy.

"We just taught him how we want it to be. We explained it to him," Lazor said. "We gave him some drills on how to get it. And he worked his butt off, he's working his butt off to get it right.

"There were just certain fundamentals as with any position that we feel is the best way to do it. That's the way we're leading them. No one's perfect. PGA golfers have swing coaches and they're making money and are not done yet. It's just a matter of coaching. We're coaches. We have a great love for what we do and the fundamentals of the game and to try to make guys the best they can be. That's what we're doing with Ryan. For his part and all the quarterbacks here, they're buying in and working hard."
Well, Tannehill was 6 of 6 and led the Dolphins on a touchdown drive in the preseason opener Friday against Atlanta. So has he arrived?

"There is no 'I got it,'" Lazor said. "Never.
""II thought he had 10 good plays. I thought he showed command. I thought he was very decisive on the field. The ball came out of his hand on time with all of them. He has a really good grasp of what we're doing. My job is to push him. I've got to make it very hard for him out here on the practice field. I heard a rumor that some people reported we've made it hard to him on the field. That's on purpose. That's how you build a quarterback and he's coming.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2014/08/dolphins-tweak-tannehills-technique.html

I like how Lazor seems to keep pushing, sounds like no matter how good Tannehill gets, Lazor will still be pushing, trying to make him better.

Sorry, didn't see other thread. Please merge with other thread.

If we have a big turn around this year, with the offense playing really good, I expect him to be gone after this season.

If we have a big turn around this year, with the offense playing really good, I expect him to be gone after this season.

I don't think one season is enough unless the O is prolific on historic levels... If he turns Tannehill into something and the offense is consistently good for 2 seasons, I think he will get an HC gig.

You gotta love the approach you make practice hard so come game time it's easy

was just reading his comments, and felt same way.. I think we may have our nxt HC, in the making.. hope we can keep him

Back
Top Bottom