Bill Lazor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor

I don't think one season is enough unless the O is prolific on historic levels... If he turns Tannehill into something and the offense is consistently good for 2 seasons, I think he will get an HC gig.

Unfortunately it would be with some other team. If the team enjoys that kinda success, that certainly means playoff runs...and Ross would NEVER let Philbin go then. It'd be like,

Ross: "So you think we can easily fill his spot?"

Tannebaum: "Oh hell ya, just bring in that QB coach from the Jets!"

Unfortunately it would be with some other team. If the team enjoys that kinda success, that certainly means playoff runs...and Ross would NEVER let Philbin go then. It'd be like,

Ross: "So you think we can easily fill his spot?"

Tannebaum: "Oh hell ya, just bring in that QB coach from the Jets!"

You are probably right, so that's why its kind of a rock and a hard place. Unless the defense completely collapses and the team loses even with great offense. In such a case, perhaps Lazor would get a shot as HC.

You are probably right, so that's why its kind of a rock and a hard place. Unless the defense completely collapses and the team loses even with great offense. In such a case, perhaps Lazor would get a shot as HC.

Only way we have Lazor as Head coach is if Philbin is fired in the middle of the year and it would have to be a major collapse.

He's the best coach on our staff. There's a good chance he'll be our HC within the next 2 years.

You gotta love the approach you make practice hard so come game time it's easy

It's a good teaching strategy for a bunch of things in life. My dad taught me how to drive in his Toyota Tundra so that when I actually started driving "normal" sized vehicles it seemed insanely easy by comparison.

if we do have the success we are all hoping for, ross better back up the brinks truck to keep this guy around.

Ever since he was the Offensive Coordinator for UVa I have been extremely impressed with Bill Lazor. He took that less talented bunch and got the best out of every one of them. He manufactured plays for the running backs even when UVa's OL couldn't move anyone. He took a mediocre QB and made him look good and a terrible QB nd made him look inconsistently adequate. He put every player 8n a position to use their strengths and used scheme to expose holes in far superior defenses.

He literally took bad player and coached them up to decent and then took decent players and put them in plays where they could succeed.

I knew the I wanted him either as the future Head Coach of UVa, or coaching the Dolphins.

Getting a good year with the most innovative offensive mind of our generation, Chip Kelly, only added to his appeal as a coach in my book. Seeing what he did with Foles has me very excited for Tannehill long term. Lazor will not always be Tannehill's coach, but Ryan is a bright guy and getting lessons from Lazor now, early in his career, is a very goo thing.

Honestly I'd rather have Lazor as HC instead of Philbin. Philbin always looks like a deer caught in headlights.

Well one thing's for sure: Lazor called a symphony on Friday night.

The pressure will be internally for Philbin to do better as Lazor looks and sounds like he maybe a rising star in the NFL.

If the offense looks really good this year and the defense completely bombs and we end up with an 8-8 or 9-7 record again and miss the playoffs. What do they do?

If the offense looks really good this year and the defense completely bombs and we end up with an 8-8 or 9-7 record again and miss the playoffs. What do they do?
Very good question bro. If you let Philbin go if the Dolphins have a bad year, and don't keep or sweeten the pot for Lazor you could lose him completely to another team and then this organization will take another step backward on offense.

Very good question bro. If you let Philbin go if the Dolphins have a bad year, and don't keep or sweeten the pot for Lazor you could lose him completely to another team and then this organization will take another step backward on offense.

To me, in this scenario you make Lazor HC unless you can manage to bring Harbaugh over somehow. Lazor already acts like an HC should IMO. He will be a HC somewhere in time

In that scenario I'd hope the organization's head would be far enough outta their ass to keep Lazor on and make him HC, letting him pick his OC/DC.

Back
Top Bottom