Bill Lazor's plays : WTF? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor's plays : WTF?

broccoli rob

Active Roster
Reaction score
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see there is reason for concern in this 2015 Bill Lazor offense, but I thought Ian Wharton (@NFLFilmStudy) makes an argument to point out how ponderous some of these plays the Dolphins are running are.

I am certainly no film expert, but can some of the film guys around here comment on this?

image-2.png

image-3.png

333-1.png

4444-1.png

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

555555-1.png

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Screen_Shot_2015_09_30_at_10_23_33_AM-1.png

^ this right here is puzzling. Tannehill is getting a lot of crap on FH (and I get why, we are all frustrated). But I don't think enough is said about the position our coordinators are putting our players (offense and defense) in.
Is Bill Lazor making things harder on RT17?

Wharton is coming off as a moron in this post.

Many of these designs are classic man vs zone coverage beaters. They all have built in options and are attacking a specific coverage. I agree Lazor has some bad, I mean bad, play calling this year but the designs are fine.

So you're on the Lazor for head coach bandwagon? Seems there were a lot of them last year and still a few around this year.

Wharton is coming off as a moron in this post.

Many of these designs are classic man vs zone coverage beaters. They all have built in options and are attacking a specific coverage. I agree Lazor has some bad, I mean bad, play calling this year but the designs are fine.

Wharton did the same crap last week. It was as pathetic then as it is now.

There's nothing wrong with Lazor's play design. We fall into a hole with lack of execution up front, penalties and drops. Those have been the 3 biggest killers thus far in '15 and it effects the playcalling as well.

yeah he's missing out on some of the option built ins...but i will say that some of these plays like an end around with a 4.6 slot to the short side of the field running towards mario williams side is just plain stupid...the pick at the end of the half he's right though that play is all about getting landry out of the backfield into space with a rub inside from stills pretty much leaving landry one on one with the db...the only problem is the balls gonna be thrown 5 yards short of the sticks and rely on landry beating the coming forward and looking at the play the entire time db

i don't like throwing the ball short of the sticks by actual play design and relying on rac to always gain you the yards...of course the peanut gallery here will call that a "check down" when it's exactly what the offense wants...landry in space vs the single db...if you get zone there the plays fubarred from the get go

What? Who is this directed towards?

:lol: I am not sure, but I don't know how it could be me since my post against Bill Lazor, not supporting him.

I am not even anti Lazor, I just saw these posts on twitter and thought it was an interesting thing to bring up. I think the execution of these plays (as well as any) is harder to come by with the state of our offensive line.. and when you can't establish a running game every week, you certainly aren't doing your offense any favors.

furthermore if lazor calls a screen and miami gets zone cause tanny can't check out that is also fubarred from the get go...and i have seen a lot of that since lazor has been here...tight end screens in the red zone get zone go nowhere or screens to the back or wr vs zone...worthless

So you're on the Lazor for head coach bandwagon? Seems there were a lot of them last year and still a few around this year.

So how does this work now? All the people who were totally wrong about this team have suddenly grown brains and now get to dictate to those that were right how things go? BS.

Yeah, I support Lazor. What is he supposed to do when he has no OL, receivers dropping passes everywhere, and a QB who can't throw past 20 yards (or a ****ing fade route to save his life...). I think he has gotten to the point he just can't work his offense with what he has been handed. Now, the players on the field and the fact that the OL sucks may be partially his fault...

are those square ins vs those zone coverages that parker was catching? whatever they are getting him in space and clean off the ball is a way to make serious hay...the only thing about it is if you keep calling those same route combos teams will pick up on it...looked like square ins to me...presented a nice target to the qb...takes time to develop though which means pass pro has to hold up and tanny almost didnt have time both times...keep running them teams will try to run something late underneath of it if you are chasing the scoreboard or the down and distance allows them to get cute

I am personally tired of putting a guy in motion (RB, WR etc) which draws all 11 defenders' eyes to that player, then throwing to him 5 yards behind the LOS immediately after the snap. That's not even high school level IMO.

I do agree with this guy's assessment that we should run more PA. It seems like Tannehill always makes a good play off of PA and when rolling out.

Yea that Wharton guy is a fool, wonder what he says about New England's play design...very similar route combos

the motion declares man vs zone...get used to it cause its what lazor uses for coverage declarations for the qb...there are no dummy snap counts in this offense to make teams declare...and there are no check outs...he has man coverage route combos and zone ones

And let's be real: Showing routes vs presnap look without the presentation of defensive coverages are useless.

Very very little can be determined by screenshots.

Back
Top Bottom