Bill Lazor's plays : WTF? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor's plays : WTF?

the motion declares man vs zone...get used to it cause its what lazor uses for coverage declarations for the qb...there are no dummy snap counts in this offense to make teams declare...and there are no check outs...he has man coverage route combos and zone ones

whatever happened to the good ole days of "go-go!"

I miss that.

Wharton is coming off as a moron in this post.

Many of these designs are classic man vs zone coverage beaters. They all have built in options and are attacking a specific coverage. I agree Lazor has some bad, I mean bad, play calling this year but the designs are fine.

This. Been very critical of Lazor, but the criticism by Wharton here is off.

/thread

So how does this work now? All the people who were totally wrong about this team have suddenly grown brains and now get to dictate to those that were right how things go? BS.

Yeah, I support Lazor. What is he supposed to do when he has no OL, receivers dropping passes everywhere, and a QB who can't throw past 20 yards (or a ****ing fade route to save his life...). I think he has gotten to the point he just can't work his offense with what he has been handed. Now, the players on the field and the fact that the OL sucks may be partially his fault...

You're right...Tannehill only has 10 passes of 20+ yards this year...better than Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Teddy Bridgewater, and Colin Kaepernick. He also has two completions of over 40 yards...better than Teddy Bridgewater, Joe Flacco, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, and Aaron Rodgers. But keep bringing your tired crap to the forum.

What I find interesting is you blame the players in defense of Lazor but no one seems to be blaming the players for Philbin. The coaching staff as a whole is garbage. Lazor isn't motivating his unit just like Philbin isn't motivating the team. Lazor also has handcuffed the QB with his play calling...there are no audibles. He refuses to run the ball, even if it doesn't work you're not keeping the defense honest. His offense is what dictates the blocking scheme...I mean there was a reason Mike Martz's offense got his QB sacked more than any other QB in the league...the blocking assignments on pass plays were awful. Any offense that doesn't give the QB a chance to audible and change plays based on what he sees in the defense is garbage. The front office, coaching staff and a number of players need to be gutted from this team...cut out like cancer. Lazor sucks, Coyle sucks and Philbin sucks...no excuses.

:lol: @ Wharton.

I'm watching Bills vs Pats wk2 and so far in the first few series the Patriots are using 10 & 11 personnel packages, with 2x2, 2x3 looks with motion in attempt to declare coverage.

Sound familiar? Oh yeah, that's what we were doing as well. Difference? Pass protection, no penalties, and Gronk. And if you want to talk about predetermined QB reads, just watch Brady with Gronk. He doesn't even try to pretend he's going elsewhere with the ball.

I'll gather a few Pats forms with similar route concepts vs the Bills to show the similarities b/w our two teams and the ridiculousness of Wharton's claims.

If we want to criticize play design......lets look at the running plays. It seems to me the RB's have longer routes to run on handoffs than the receivers do on these pass plays.

i dont know why anyone would think we aren't similar to the pats in terms of our offense...although they do employ more rubs than we do to get the slot free down the boundary etc vs man...and they also have gronk who is driving everything they do as an offense

they also let brady drive...miami doesnt with tannehill...we dummy down the qb and it's the thing i dislike most about this offense...that and no qb sneaks on short yardage...which is moronic and the pats also employ

You're right...Tannehill only has 10 passes of 20+ yards this year...better than Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Teddy Bridgewater, and Colin Kaepernick. He also has two completions of over 40 yards...better than Teddy Bridgewater, Joe Flacco, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, and Aaron Rodgers. But keep bringing your tired crap to the forum.

What I find interesting is you blame the players in defense of Lazor but no one seems to be blaming the players for Philbin. The coaching staff as a whole is garbage. Lazor isn't motivating his unit just like Philbin isn't motivating the team. Lazor also has handcuffed the QB with his play calling...there are no audibles. He refuses to run the ball, even if it doesn't work you're not keeping the defense honest. His offense is what dictates the blocking scheme...I mean there was a reason Mike Martz's offense got his QB sacked more than any other QB in the league...the blocking assignments on pass plays were awfu[B/]l. Any offense that doesn't give the QB a chance to audible and change plays based on what he sees in the defense is garbage. The front office, coaching staff and a number of players need to be gutted from this team...cut out like cancer. Lazor sucks, Coyle sucks and Philbin sucks...no excuses.

This isn't a problem with the blocking schemes. These guys are getting beat 1-on-1 by the man directly in front of them...

Week 2: Bills vs Pats. Take a look for yourself. Be sure to watch the route concepts and depth.

1st qtr - 5:30, 1&15: SG, 10p, 2x2

[VINE]eQ1bvjajtwA[/VINE]

1st qtr - 5:15, 2&15: SG, 01p, 3x2 Empty

[VINE]eQ1h0vxDEDT[/VINE]

2qtr - 14:21, 1&10: SG 11p, 2x2

[VINE]eQ1MFYQ32gv[/VINE]

2 qtr - 10:49, 2&10: SG, 01p, 2x3 Empty

[VINE]eQ1e2xYhOaB[/VINE]

This isn't a problem with the blocking schemes. These guys are getting beat 1-on-1 by the man directly in front of them...

Now it is...but last year we had the same issue with different players for the most part. Even when Albert was healthy Tannehill was getting sacked. It's the 4th quarter when the O-line plays it's absolute worst...when we need to run the ball and the opposing team knows it we can't and on passing plays we allow more pressure in the 4th quarter than any other point in the game. I've never gone back to look at what teams are doing differently or what we're doing differently but this has been an issue for the last two years.

I am personally tired of putting a guy in motion (RB, WR etc) which draws all 11 defenders' eyes to that player, then throwing to him 5 yards behind the LOS immediately after the snap. That's not even high school level IMO.

I do agree with this guy's assessment that we should run more PA. It seems like Tannehill always makes a good play off of PA and when rolling out.

This, and those HB toss plays in shotgun to the shorter side of the sideline drive me insane. It's NEVER worked this year, but they do it every game.

This, and those HB toss plays in shotgun to the shorter side of the sideline drive me insane. It's NEVER worked this year, but they do it every game.

Only one resulted in a negative gain. Other's were actually quite successful:

[vine]ePU6ahMmwH0[/vine]

But many times the negatives outweighs the positives, especially with the way we are playing overall as a team.

SoS I see you defending Lazor. Are you putting the whole lackluster performance on the OL? I think that's a bit much. Lazor is not an innocent bystander. More like a guilty bystander.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

The biggest problem is we don't run the ball enough.

Back
Top Bottom