Bill Lazor's post press conf. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor's post press conf.

Two things here. Number 1 is he's very honest. He knows we left plays and points out there. Number 2, he's going to be a HC in the next couple of years.

We're not going to be able to keep him long! I have yet to find any fault in anything he's done since he's been here.

"I'm not going to worry about people egos"

Thanks for posting :up:

What I like is despite only giving up one sack he was concerned about the QB getting hit and missed assignments.
We're come a long way from accepting the BS we had on the O line last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea like you guys said he won't be hear long. We better enjoy him while we can and pray he trains someone to take his place when he leaves.

Yea like you guys said he won't be hear long. We better enjoy him while we can and pray he trains someone to take his place when he leaves.

Hopefully that little QB coach of ours is spending every hour with Lazor learning as much as possible...

We're not going to be able to keep him long! I have yet to find any fault in anything he's done since he's been here.

I'd take 3 years with him at OC with Tanne and a consistently improving O before he does.

The way this league works now it wouldn't be surprising to see him leave after this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two things here. Number 1 is he's very honest. He knows we left plays and points out there. Number 2, he's going to be a HC in the next couple of years.

That breaks my heart. I do not want to think of that at all right now.

To paraphrase, I liked that he said (among other things) that:
a) We have to get better, fast!
b) That we don't have just one game plan, so we can adjust to the defense game plans.
c) OL is steadily improving, but we have a ways to go.
d) RB's get to earn playing time. (ie, a guy gets 3 first downs in a row, he's gonna play more. Not just gonna play a guy, to play him)

Enjoy it now FH once he starts making mistakes which is normal most people will bash him =]. Great job Lazor!

Corollary - what I heard between the lines is that Tannehill missed some opportunities and that the run game bailed him out. Lazor clearly said that if the game were closer then Tannehill's performance would not have been good enough.

I love his veiled honesty. He made his message clear without directly calling out the player. Brilliant coach. I hope he stays and develops Tannehill's full potential.

To paraphrase, I liked that he said (among other things) that:
a) We have to get better, fast!
b) That we don't have just one game plan, so we can adjust to the defense game plans.
c) OL is steadily improving, but we have a ways to go.
d) RB's get to earn playing time. (ie, a guy gets 3 first downs in a row, he's gonna play more. Not just gonna play a guy, to play him)

Back
Top Bottom