Bill Lazor's post press conf. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor's post press conf.

Between RT's misses of Wallace/Wallace not knowing where he was in relation to the end zone, Clay's drop that could have gone for big yardage and Sims' drop….let alone three first half TO's and TD called back because of a holding call...the offense left a ton on the table.

Bottom line is that RT must make the progression and be the real deal with his accuracy.

Wallace, Sims, and Miller all had opportunities to catch additional TD passes. Clay, Landry, and Wallace had drops on additional balls that would have gained big yardage.

Lazor said "the passing game" and I think he meant "the passing game". I think that is the bottom line.

If Tannehill had been more accurate in the first half, and his receivers had still blown the plays that they did, would any of us think the passing game was fine? I sure wouldn't have.

Other candidates for the Offensive Coordinator role were allegedly Kyle Shanahan (went to Cleveland) and Bill McAdoo (went to NY Giants). Looks like Joe made a really good appointment.

Two things here. Number 1 is he's very honest. He knows we left plays and points out there. Number 2, he's going to be a HC in the next couple of years.

If this continues, lets hope he is ours.

I already accept the fact he won't be hear long, but I'm open to the idea of promoting him to head coach like someone said earlier. I would promote him to offensive coordinator/assistant head coach to make it a little more difficult to snatch him away.

yes its only one game, ive enjoyed everything Ive seen about him so far, even though its not a lot other than interviews. if our offense shines this year we have to think about promoting him to Assitant HC/OC, and get someone to train under him, maybe our QB coach. because if our O exceeds in back to back years then he's a head coaching candidate in 2016. I don't think he'd be a candidate this soon but I could be wrong. like someone said "Cleveland loves juggling coaches"

Yet the OL played much better. So facing less pressure Tannehill's inaccuracy appears similar to last year. No doubt that the WR's had some drops. But WR's on all teams drop balls, so unless there is evidence that Dolphins' WR's drop many more balls than the average team then it is pointless to rationalize each Tannehill incompletion. He needs to start making plays downfield. He's getting better protection; he benefitted from a strong running game; he has a competent OC; it's his 3rd year. What's the excuse?

We'll find out this week as Buffalo has presented difficulties for the Dolphins and Tannehill as evidenced by last year's shutout.

That may be what you heard but what he said was:

The passing game missed some opportunities and that the run game bailed it out. Lazor clearly said that if the game were closer then The passing game's performance would not have been good enough.

You see, the passing game is made up of the QB, receivers and blockers. All need to improve. There were just as many drops as errant throws.

I watched his presser yesterday and he definitely sounds like a real winner. I like his idea that gameplanning for each opponent shouldn't be set in stone -- things change during the game, adjustments will be made, see who has the hot hand, what the defense gives you. That's how you win in the NFL IMO, being able to adapt with each opponent. He definitely kept the gas on Moreno when he knew the Pats couldn't stop him. If it was Sherman, we would have stopped running in the 4th Q.

I also like that he's very intent on improving Tannehill further, he understands the magnitude of how important it is for the QB to do well in this offense.

Wallace, Sims, and Miller all had opportunities to catch additional TD passes. Clay, Landry, and Wallace had drops on additional balls that would have gained big yardage.

Lazor said "the passing game" and I think he meant "the passing game". I think that is the bottom line.

If Tannehill had been more accurate in the first half, and his receivers had still blown the plays that they did, would any of us think the passing game was fine? I sure wouldn't have.

I applaud you FinFanInBuffalo...You took alot of heat in the game day forum for being negative on tannehill...hell...i think everyone was negative in the first half.

But i appreciate that you see there is more than one aspect to the passing game and not just the QB.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yet the OL played much better. So facing less pressure Tannehill's inaccuracy appears similar to last year. No doubt that the WR's had some drops. But WR's on all teams drop balls, so unless there is evidence that Dolphins' WR's drop many more balls than the average team then it is pointless to rationalize each Tannehill incompletion. He needs to start making plays downfield. He's getting better protection; he benefitted from a strong running game; he has a competent OC; it's his 3rd year. What's the excuse?

And QBs on all teams are inaccurate on some throws, so unless there is evidence that Dolphins' QB threw many more inaccurate balls than the average team, it is pointless to nitpick each Tannehill pass. Strange how it works both ways.

Excuse? I guess saying he cannot throw it and catch it must be making an excuse.

Blown TD catch, down field.

View attachment 12923

What's the "excuse" for this pass hitting Wallace in the face, down field?

View attachment 12924

Dion Sims, blown TD catch, down field.

hell, why not just put him in the hall of fame now?

SETTLE THE FUG DOWN GUYS!! yes, this offensive SCHEME is light years from what we have had since marino's first 3 seasons.

ONE GAME and all this he's gone talk. i dont see the personel yet. qb being the biggest IF. if tanny does not improve, this make lazor coach now talk will quickly turn into lazor must go. bring sherman back type talk.

in fact, this could start if we lose to buffalo!!

just settle down guys. lets re visit this first week of december.
Classic case of not getting it. I don't care about how good his scheme is, that is just a bonus. I care about his leadership skills. We could get shut out the next 3 game and it wouldn't change my opinion about who he is and his leadership. If Ryan falls on his face due to Lazor's coaching that would not turn me off of Lazor, it would just mean we need another QB.

Other candidates for the Offensive Coordinator role were allegedly Kyle Shanahan (went to Cleveland) and Bill McAdoo (went to NY Giants). Looks like Joe made a really good appointment.

Joe was on record as to wanting to keep Sherman. Ross made the appointment. If Philbin would have had his way we would still be punting every possession after two gogos and a go on 3rd down.

Was great to hear an OC say...(paraphrasing) "We don't just go in with one gameplan, we need multiple ways to attack. We have to be prepared to adjust!"

if philbin gets fired for whatever reason hire lazor as the new head coach...he's got sean payton like potential

Thoughts on Lazor so far:

1. He gets it. I think he understands not only what makes the Chip Kelly offensive philosophy effective, but also how he can adapt it to what he's working with and incorporate other concepts into it. Seems there was a reason that he got such glowing praise from Gibbs and Reeves.

2. He is a perfectionist. Mike Sherman was not. That's exactly what Ryan Tannehill needs. I expect big improvement from the QB this season.

3. He's a great communicator. He has presence and charisma.

I agree with those who say he will be a head coach before long. I don't think it's early to say that. He absolutely has the aura.

Back
Top Bottom