Bill Lazor's post press conf. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor's post press conf.

I think my original point is being misconstrued. We all understand it's a team game. My point was that, in my opinion, while Lazor's comments verbatim were directed at "the passing game", that, in reality, he was commenting on Tannehill's play, both good and bad, without making a direct reference to it. And to me that showed just how polished a coach that Lazor is in how he phrased his comments.

We can agree to disagree about whether Lazor's comments contained a veiled reference to Tannehill's play. FWIW, Armando's blog interpreted Lazor's comments as an almost exclusive indictment on Tannehill's play. And yes I realize that Armando's comments are often deliberately hyperbolic. Again, my intent was to praise Lazor for handling the situation by making an oblique message regarding Tannehill's play in relation to the entire offense and how that elevated my opinion of him as a coach beyond mere X's and O's.

And QBs on all teams are inaccurate on some throws, so unless there is evidence that Dolphins' QB threw many more inaccurate balls than the average team, it is pointless to nitpick each Tannehill pass. Strange how it works both ways.

Excuse? I guess saying he cannot throw it and catch it must be making an excuse.

Blown TD catch, down field.

View attachment 12923

What's the "excuse" for this pass hitting Wallace in the face, down field?

View attachment 12924

Dion Sims, blown TD catch, down field.

I think my original point is being misconstrued. We all understand it's a team game. My point was that, in my opinion, while Lazor's comments verbatim were directed at "the passing game", that, in reality, he was commenting on Tannehill's play, both good and bad, without making a direct reference to it. And to me that showed just how polished a coach that Lazor is in how he phrased his comments.

We can agree to disagree about whether Lazor's comments contained a veiled reference to Tannehill's play. FWIW, Armando's blog interpreted Lazor's comments as an almost exclusive indictment on Tannehill's play. And yes I realize that Armando's comments are often deliberately hyperbolic. Again, my intent was to praise Lazor for handling the situation by making an oblique message regarding Tannehill's play in relation to the entire offense and how that elevated my opinion of him as a coach beyond mere X's and O's.

I don't agree. He seems like a straight shooter. In the same press conference he said that he "didn't care about egos". Why not take him at his word? Why does it have to be all about the QB?

You would have a better argument if there weren't two dropped TD passes and a broken off route and several other big drops to go along with Tannehill's off day.

if philbin gets fired for whatever reason hire lazor as the new head coach...he's got sean payton like potential

He should be the reason Philbin is shown the door. I don't dislike Philbin at all, but dang Lazor is looking special. Can't let him walk.

He should be the reason Philbin is shown the door. I don't dislike Philbin at all, but dang Lazor is looking special. Can't let him walk.

This team is going to win 10+ games. I said it before game 1 and I'm sticking to it. Joe Philbin isn't going to be fired.

One thing I was most impressed with was that he was coaching from the sideline and not up in the booth. I feel like coordinators that coach from the sidelines are more effective than up in the booth. Its been a very very long time since we had a coordinator coach from the sideline.. I think I even saw Coyle down there too.

This team is going to win 10+ games. I said it before game 1 and I'm sticking to it. Joe Philbin isn't going to be fired.

I Don't disagree with that. Just saying from what I've seen if Lazor leaving and keeping Philbin is what happens, I'd rather have Lazor.

Back
Top Bottom